In Defence of Laryea Kingston

Deodato

Kickback.

Today, we seemed to opt for careless long ball, as we debuted Tullberg.

Up until today, we were keeping it on the deck, without Tullberg.

We also had a complete lack of communication, and rarely (if ever) got beyond three complete passes.

The past'ings will be severe, and rightly so, but I want to provide a defence of Laryea Kingston.

In the challenge - good.

On the ball - our best, today.

Passing - way ahead of his team mates.

Scoring ability - not his forte, but at least got into position.

Moving forward - alone in being able to do so.

A balanced view. But when people slate him, I think they are actually highlighting the dross around the guy.

The vision of some of our other players - simply to move forward as opposed to pass back - is woeful. Today, our defence was bad for that.

I can see why Laryea might seem to lack motivation - as its gotta be hard working players who's first touch is awful and ability to go forward limited.

So, all I'm saying is this - gutted, just like anyone else, but the slating should not be pointed towards one of our few actual footballers.

There was a lot of passengers out there today. Kingston was not one of them.

So hacked off, sorry for the downbeat thread.

Deodato

When we get Driver back, him and Kingston are usually on the same level, they know what the other can do etc.

They will hopefully be able to create a spark that will re-ignite our season.

Kickback.

Today, we seemed to opt for careless long ball, as we debuted Tullberg.

Up until today, we were keeping it on the deck, without Tullberg.

We also had a complete lack of communication, and rarely (if ever) got beyond three complete passes.

The past'ings will be severe, and rightly so, but I want to provide a defence of Laryea Kingston.

In the challenge - good.

On the ball - our best, today.

Passing - way ahead of his team mates.

Scoring ability - not his forte, but at least got into position.

Moving forward - alone in being able to do so.

A balanced view. But when people slate him, I think they are actually highlighting the dross around the guy.

The vision of some of our other players - simply to move forward as opposed to pass back - is woeful. Today, our defence was bad for that.

I can see why Laryea might seem to lack motivation - as its gotta be hard working players who's first touch is awful and ability to go forward limited.

So, all I'm saying is this - gutted, just like anyone else, but the slating should not be pointed towards one of our few actual footballers.

There was a lot of passengers out there today. Kingston was not one of them.

So hacked off, sorry for the downbeat thread.

Deodato

1 semi-decent game in 2 months is not good enough mate.

Jambof3tornado

One of his better games but given the level of his ability we should be seeing him rip teams apart more frequently than we do.

1 game in 5 where he does the job isnt good enough IMO.(I also agree that he misses having a few skillful players around him to work with)

portobellojambo1
There was a lot of passengers out there today. Kingston was not one of them. /quote]

Agree Deodato.

I actually thought Kingston looked a lot brighter today than he has in recent weeks.

Unfortunately he is another player who is being asked to play out of position each week, and I think is suffering as a result.

There were much worse than him on show today, he may have missed a couple of chances, but truth is he actually got himself into positions to attempt chances on goal, which is a lot more than can be said for our strikers.

It was good to see him playing like he can do today. As the OP says, if you are playing with mediocre players then it brings your own standard down.

I've said it before but if he'd been in the team in 2005-06 season, we would have been raving about him every week.

Kingston's performances over the last 2 seasons highlight exactly why he is playing at Hearts and not a higher club. Lots of talent, absolutely no heart at all.

He can GTF

BobbyJenkins

He was decent today but its difficult to play to his potential when its pretty much pish all around him.

Nucky Thompson

Larry is a luxury player, we can't afford luxury players, so it's not Larrys fault.

portobellojambo1
He was decent today but its difficult to play to his potential when its pretty much pish all around him.

I think that is the actual root of all our problems BJ. We have in the recent past and still do go on and on about the systems/formations we play, and I honestly don't think it matters if we play 4-5-1, 4-4-2 or 4-4-3. I do not think the system we play is our problem, it is the simple fact we do not have enough decent quality players in the squad, and until such time as manager is allowed to conduct a general overhaul of the squad we will continue to have problems.

And continually playing players out of position only adds to the problems.

Was decent today, not better than that!! Should have put us 2-1 up

For a player on reputedly ?15k a week expect a lot lot more.

Did he help out thomson at full back??

Larry is a luxury player, we can't afford luxury players, so it's not Larrys fault.

Even a luxury player, even though he has international experience, will know fine well that when the team is struggling he only needs to help with the basics. He continually fails to do that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

As usual Deadato, I enjoy reading your thread.

Kingston hasn't been pulling his weight lately but the class is apparent for all to see.

Give me him over No.29 or Mole any day of the week.

Larry's best game of the season by far yesterday.

Maybe he's been reading JKB and decided to pull his finger out of his arse ?

There is no defence

You pay a player like larry 15k a week to run games, you dont expect others to have to play well to encourage him to do the same

Yes the team is shocking but larry is only interested in fame, his teamwork is awful and if he doesnt see an opportunity at goals he plays a suicide pass to one of his team mates

Anyone who still sings his name at the moment should be whacked to death with his sweaty headband

BobbyJenkins
There is no defence

You pay a player like larry 15k a week to run games, you dont expect others to have to play well to encourage him to do the same

Yes the team is shocking but larry is only interested in fame, his teamwork is awful and if he doesnt see an opportunity at goals he plays a suicide pass to one of his team mates

Anyone who still sings his name at the moment should be whacked to death with his sweaty headband

What do you expect him to do? Take on half the opposition all the time and score at least twice in every game?

Theres nothing wrong with his team work its just that a large part of the team isnt working!

Miko was poor yesterday, just the basics such as closing down men, standing front and back at throw ins and pussying out of challenges. That is poor team work IMO. Larry always looked for it yesterday and was by far our most 'creative' player.

What do you expect him to do? Take on half the opposition all the time and score at least twice in every game?

Theres nothing wrong with his team work its just that a large part of the team isnt working!

Miko was poor yesterday, just the basics such as closing down men, standing front and back at throw ins and pussying out of challenges. That is poor team work IMO. Larry always looked for it yesterday and was by far our most 'creative' player.

I expect him to show the talent he has and actually try when things are going against us

Instead he gives up and cant get rid of the ball quick enough

BobbyJenkins
I expect him to show the talent he has and actually try when things are going against us

Instead he gives up and cant get rid of the ball quick enough

Kingston get rid of the ball quick enough?

I dont think thats the case at all, you could level that at a few others and in particular Lee Wallace who, by passing the ball on too early, more often than not lost the ball or put a team mate in a difficult situ.

Archived