We really need a team full of Mikey Stewart's

vegas-voss

Seriously the passion and effort the guy puts into the game is at least 10 times more than anyone else bar Miko.We need more like him.

He needs to stop trying to do everyone's job.

If they put in the commitment he did then he wouldn't need to.

He needs to stop trying to do everyone's job.

And the rest of the players need to do their jobs!

With the rank formation and the lack of effort/guts in the performances of the likes of Kingston/Ksnavicius/Karipidis there is far far too much pressure on Stewart to carry the team.

He managed it in the first few games, but his form in the last 3 games has not been good - partly due to the opposition managers working out that if they shut down Stewart, then they shut down Hearts.

stewart has had a good start to the season but he tried to do too much today and gave the ball away more times than not!

Jambof3tornado
A team full of people who blame everyone but themself whenever they make a mistake?

I noticed that,when Wallace took a throw in and Stewart lost the ball,Stewart immediately blamed Wallace!!

Stand up and be ****ing counted,thats all I want from my Hearts team!!

He was poor today.

His passing was on the same level and Neilson or Wallace.

When he is pish, Hearts are pish which shows how important a player he is for us. Shame his form has deserted him.

portobellojambo1

I have a lot of sympathy for Michael Stewart, you can tell he is trying to gee everyone else up but the danger is he is going to burn himself out with the amount of work he does and tries to do.

In the last couple of games he has been less effective than before, although still our best midfielder, and I think that is because the opposition have worked out they simply have to double up on him and frustrate him. Block Stewart out of the game and Hearts have nothing else to offer.

Ernie Eskilsson

I have no sympathy for Michael Stewart - he was awful today - gave the ball away, missed tackles, wasted free kicks, let his man run away from him at the second goal and constantly blamed everyone else.

Stewart carrying that midfield.karapidis never a midfielder.

Watch the 2nd goal. Stewart sold it. His man ran off him played a 1 2 and mikey didnt track him. He cost us at least a point today. Watch the 2nd goal on t.v then tell me am wrong!!!!!!!

Watch the 2nd goal. Stewart sold it. His man ran off him played a 1 2 and mikey didnt track him. He cost us at least a point today. Watch the 2nd goal on t.v then tell me am wrong!!!!!!!

He had knackered himself after 75 minutes, as he does most games. The worry for me was that Miko was working pretty hard today and he was replaced with Ksanavicius just as Stewart was tiring. Ksanavicius is lazy and defensively ineffective at the best of times, and this was asking for trouble. Very poor management decision that.

Why does karipidas get a game in midfeild every week.bring him on wen we're 2-0 up , but not from the start unless in defence.

best in the land

stewart had one of his poorest games today imo,but needs someone playing beside him with experience.

maybe aguair or johnson.

personally think its one of the weakest midfields ive seen,he would be a squad player for most seasons.

MackaysCentreSpot
I have no sympathy for Michael Stewart - he was awful today - gave the ball away, missed tackles, wasted free kicks, let his man run away from him at the second goal and constantly blamed everyone else.

Spot on.

What Michael Stewart were you watching today OP?

MS is slowly but surely returning to the MS we were subjected to last season after the first few games. Ernie sums up MS very well and I fear this will be the MS we will tend to see more of in a Hearts jersey from now on.

Libertonian_II

MS was poor today, much like he was for most of last season. The heidless chicken part of his persona took over. The fact is that MS along with Mikoliunus and Karipedis kept giving the ball away this afternoon.

People seem to be awakening to the fact that MS is part of the problem not the solution. Too may failed intricate flicks, attempts at wonder passes, running to take every set piece and making an arce of it, basically all blood and thunder and little thought. We need inspiration not perspiration.

I agree that Mickey Stewart does try to do too much, but it's a result of other people in the team not pulling their weight.

Stewart has been our best player so far so lets not turn on him because he has a mediocre game. He has ability and if half the rest of the team had his application we would be cruising to third place.

I agree that Mickey Stewart does try to do too much, but it's a result of other people in the team not pulling their weight. Stewart has been our best player so far so lets not turn on him because he has a mediocre game. He has ability and if half the rest of the team had his application we would be cruising to third place.

Disagree. While it is true others do not pull their weight, MS runs 10-20 yards to take throws-in and then doesn't take them which means he then has to get back into position, runs back to take free kicks in the central defence area which could be taken by a CD as effectively as he does and is often reckless in challenges resulting in bookings.

Nor do I think he has been our best player so far - Kello and Berra have played to a more consistently effective level. There are others who have been consistent too but they have been consistently poor.

The man cares.

Which, sadly, is more than what could be said for some others.

Spot on. Still too many at the club who don't give a feck about it!! Taking money under false pretencies. And there are some players who are still ****ed off with these guys. Fact

Archived