What happened to our talented youth players?

h-e-a-r-t-s

brellierlegend
We need more of this at Hearts IMO. Rapnik, Kostadinov, Copil etc. Just give them a run out, then if nescessary, 'dip them in and out' as is suggested here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7645562.stm

What has Copil done to merit a first team place? Is it because he is foreign and came with a reputation of being a wonderkid?

He is a lazy billy big time and does not deserve a place in the first team. From what I have seen of Branny he is in the same boat.

Rapnik may be a different kettle of fish. I have only seen him a couple of times and he looked good.

Ray Winstone
our squad is bloody young to be honest.

Correct. Jonnson, Driver, Glen to name a couple.

I am looking forwad to seeing Rapnik get a couple of outings this year - he seems to have a lot of energy and from what I have been told has been a good performer for the reserves.

As for 'Branny' he has been overhyped by a certain poster on here to the point he has people believing that he is going to be some kind of miracle worker.

Copil has done nout to merit a first team place - his crap attitude has been well documented.

We need more of this at Hearts IMO. Rapnik, Kostadinov, Copil etc. Just give them a run out, then if nescessary, 'dip them in and out' as is suggested here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7645562.stm

Have you seen any of these said players????

I watched the reserves yesterday and Kostadinov is a LONG way of playing first team football.

As others have said their are alot of young players in the team/squad and i dont think Rapnik is too far away from some first team appearances.

Have you seen any of these said players????

I watched the reserves yesterday and Kostadinov is a LONG way of playing first team football.

As others have said their are alot of young players in the team/squad and i dont think Rapnik is too far away from some first team appearances.

i'm sure the 15 year old in Barnsley isn't built like a tank and still has a long way to go. But if players have ability at a young age it makes sense to introduce them to the 'big time' slowly from a young age. perhaps the reason these guys haven't made the jump and aren't ready is because they haven't been given the chance to show what they can do.

maybe that's whats also causing these attitude problems. just surmising.

Ray Winstone
i'm sure the 15 year old in Barnsley isn't built like a tank and still has a long way to go. But if players have ability at a young age it makes sense to introduce them to the 'big time' slowly from a young age. perhaps the reason these guys haven't made the jump and aren't ready is because they haven't been given the chance to show what they can do.

You are not basing any of your argument on actual facts or things you have seen.

You are basing it on the fact these players came to the club with a reputation and have also been talked up by people on here (with other motives)

Perhaps the reason these guys haven't made the jump is because they are not yet, or maybe never will be good enough.

Thorrarinson ring a bell?

Yeah i think the important thing about the lad at barnsley is that he is an exceptional talent. He has been monitored for a few years and has been performing well in the under 18s and youth teams.

Kostadinov is physically ready to play first team football, although he is slightly built, he handles the physical stuff well. I mean football wise and without trying to me harsh on the lad he has a long way to go.

You are not basing any of your argument on actual facts or things you have seen.

You are basing it on the fact these players came to the club with a reputation and have also been talked up by people on here (with other motives)

Perhaps the reason these guys haven't made the jump is because they are not yet, or maybe never will be good enough.

I liked Hjalmar.

Thought it was a shame he chose to follow another career path.

I liked Hjalmar.

Thought it was a shame he chose to follow another career path.

I've always said that we don't offer our young players decent chances in the first team, (except the odd one or two),it's one thing not being ready for the first team but......not even a place on the bench!? It's no wonder some of these players have motivational problems watching some of the pish we've watched in recent times and they can't even get the chance to show what they might be able to add to the team. On the Thorrarinsson thing, isn't he in football anymore?

Ray Winstone
I've always said that we don't offer our young players decent chances in the first team, (except the odd one or two),it's one thing not being ready for the first team but......not even a place on the bench!? It's no wonder some of these players have motivational problems watching some of the pish we've watched in recent times and they can't even get the chance to show what they might be able to add to the team. On the Thorrarinsson thing, isn't he in football anymore?

Studying to be a doctor.

indeed. what's wrong with that though? players don't generally get hyped up for no reason. there were many people, and I mean independent sources (not just friends or 'brothers' on KB) that said these boys were exceptionally good.

it just concerns me that this apparent talent my be going to waste or not allowed to flourish due to lack of first team opportunity. if players are seen to be given the chance, then they have something to aim for.

Studying to be a doctor.

Cheers for that Tucks, didn't know that, thought he was out on loan for a couple of years.

Charlie-Brown

Johnny Brown & Ryan Wallace got a run out against Hull & Csaba commented that they did very well against Premiership opponents and that he wouldn't be frightened to put some of the academy kids in the team again.

Copil, Kostadinov & Rapnik get peoples attention because they did come from abroad with good credentials however there are kids in the youth system who have come through all the Hearts youth initiative age groups who are as good or better players as well.

If we actually did give them a game, within about a month all of our failings would be being blamed on them.

correct.

branny starts game, only completes 50% of his passes, one stray pass lets celtic through to win in the last minute. hearts fans take it upon themselves to hound him forever and ruin confidence.

i'd like to see all the names mentioned in the OP get a run for hearts, i'm just not sure if they'd be given the time to settle in before we get on their backs when things don't go our way.

If we actually did give them a game, within about a month all of our failings would be being blamed on them.

isn't that a sad indictment of the hearts support. and the really sad thing is i think you are right.

I noticed from the given D.O.Bs on the official page that eight of the players in the reserve team are now 20 or 21. I would have thought that more should be coming through and staking a claim, at least for the bench. Will the Armstrongs, Park, Doherty, Mackle etc. do so within this season?

Archived