Jamie Mole

Drylaw Hearts

Is Jamie Mole currently the worst striker in the SPL ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Jamie Mole currently the worst striker in the SPL ?

The Old Tolbooth

I voted yes, he maybe isn't to be honest but I'm not in the habit of watching every other striker every week in the league.

Mole is a useless, lazy, uninterested waste of space!!!

Worse than Clum!!!! :(

*I bet you were just looking for my bite lol*

Strikers are meant to score goals.

To score goals you need to attack balls played into the penalty area and get shots in on goal.

Mole does neither. Simply not good enough for HMFC.

I voted yes, he maybe isn't to be honest but I'm not in the habit of watching every other striker every week in the league.

Mole is a useless, lazy, uninterested waste of space!!!

Worse than Clum!!!! :(

*I bet you were just looking for my bite lol*

Mole has run his socks off in every game he has played this season. He is certainly not lazy or uninterested Plays an unselfish role for the team, which is the dirty work his lazy colleagues such as Kingston and Ksnavicius should be so grateful for they should be teeing up Mole with shooting chances. But they aren't.

I think he needs some coaching and mentoring on how to become a better striker. I think he could play a role like Kevin Davies does for Bolton. But he doesn't seem to be getting any coaching at Hearts.

The Old Tolbooth
Mole has run his socks off in every game he has played this season. He is certainly not lazy or uninterested Plays an unselfish role for the team, which is the dirty work his lazy colleagues such as Kingston and Ksnavicius should be so grateful for they should be teeing up Mole with shooting chances. But they aren't.

I think he needs some coaching and mentoring on how to become a better striker. I think he could play a role like Kevin Davies does for Bolton. But he doesn't seem to be getting any coaching at Hearts.

You may be onto something regarding the coaching, and maybe I'm still annoyed at his extremely sub standard performances both last week and this week because I thought he did well against St Mirren and Motherwell.

What I saw today though was not acceptable, he was rank!

Something else I've been thinking about is the fact we had Bednar here and he left for W Brom, and he started scoring barrow loads of goals, we let Elliot go out on loan to Livvy and he's scored 5 goals for them :eek: which is unheard of for him, and it makes me wonder how the strikers are being coached while at Hearts. (which I guess comes down to your coaching point)

I dunno, just a thought, maybe I'm still frustrated :wacko:

I cannot think of a worse SPL striker than Mole.

He's horrific.

Ksnavicius is worse than Mole - told you that already!

Just as well we got rid of Bednar isn't it. He isn't nearly good enough for us:eek:

Ksnavicius is worse than Mole - told you that already!

Just as well we got rid of Bednar isn't it. He isn't nearly good enough for us:eek:

No.29 isn't a striker though.

No.29 isn't a striker though.

Ahem - were you not listening when Laszlo got the glasses and salt cellars out? Ksnavicius is the 2nd striker in our 100% tactics correct 4-4-2 formation.

Ahem - were you not listening when Laszlo got the glasses and salt cellars out? Ksnavicius is the 2nd striker in our 100% tactics correct 4-4-2 formation.

I didn't go.

I couldn't stomach listening to his garbage.

If he thinks No.29 is a striker then we really are fecked.

Mole's by no means the worst striker in the SPL.

He is, however, IMO undoubtedly the worst choice we could possibly make as the lone striker. I reckon he'd be better used in the role that Ksana's currently making a sow's ear of.

What is he?

Well I think he came as a LW who could also play in the hole.

He's never a striker in million years.

No, overreaction.

But he simply isnt doing what we need. Runs about, but is never in the right place.

Dropping deep behind Karipidis, or running out wide to the channels. He cant do that as a "lone" striker.

Mole had a really poor game today.

Mole had a decent enough start this season however his performances have dipped considerably, and I reckon after the Falkirk game he should of been dropped! Concerned why Lazlo continues to play him, when it clearly isnt doing him any good at all.

Nade and Tullberg next week please!

Mole probably is the least effective striker in the league, I can't think of another that offers as little.

Although I don't think the system we play helps him at all, as I think someone with a footballing brain would be far more suited to his role.

Also it's blatantly clear to see he's been badly coached, for all the running and hard work he does, he's very rarely in the right place at the right time.

In his defence Jamie Mole is not lazy, he does however, run about like a preverbial headless chicken, it is frightening how similar he is to Elliott, both have no idea what to do when they get within 50 yards of the opposition goal. When he does get the ball anywhere near the goal he tends to run into trouble cannot hold the ball up effectivley and the last thing on his mind is to try a shot at goal, absolute mince. :ahhhhhhh: I bet Mr Magoo would be able to spot a better forward than the current scouting system we have.

Nelly Terraces
In his defence Jamie Mole is not lazy, he does however, run about like a preverbial headless chicken, it is frightening how similar he is to Elliott, both have no idea what to do when they get within 50 yards of the opposition goal. When he does get the ball anywhere near the goal he tends to run into trouble cannot hold the ball up effectivley and the last thing on his mind is to try a shot at goal, absolute mince. :ahhhhhhh: I bet Mr Magoo would be able to spot a better forward than the current scouting system we have.

Spot on. Can you remember the breakaway we had late on last week v ICT, you just knew he'd **** it up, he ran about 40 yards with the ball, got to the edge of the penlty area where he bottled it, turned round with all the guile and speed of an oil tanker and tried comically to try and lay it off, where the centre half just stepped out and said 'cheers!' walking away with the ball. It was pathetic. Not his fault, but the bloke is devoid of any natural striking instinct and couldn't even get a game for Queen of the South. get a grip Csaba and get him dropped.

Is he currently the worst striker in the SPL ?

No he can't be because he's never a striker!

Lots of effort, lots of running ( into the wrong spaces ), for a few games he's been holding the ball up well but every time he's one on one with a defender or has a sight at goal he's clueless. He can't jump either.

No he can't be because he's never a striker!

Lots of effort, lots of running ( into the wrong spaces ), for a few games he's been holding the ball up well but every time he's one on one with a defender or has a sight at goal he's clueless. He can't jump either.

Jamie Mole is far from perfect and made a number of mistakes yesterday and also little went for him & he received little support from other players in our team..HOWEVER he has played a lot better and more effectively than he did yesterday....

Also another thing regards him & Callum Elliot...how many players in their age group 20-25 play in the SPL ? Not many...Ross McCormack has already left for the championship and many predict Stephen Fletcher to leave for the Old Firm or English clubs so whilst Clum or Mole may not be perfect and much less than players were previously saw unless SPL teams start producing a glut of new forwards in their age group then how many forwards have their level of SPL experience playing for 10 of the 12 non Old Firm SPL clubs?

I honestly do not know what he can bring to the team.

He cant lead a line,

he cant control a ball,

he can't hold a ball,

he can't head a ball,

he can't run into useful space

so far all i have seen from him in all the games this season is one shot.

portobellojambo1

Not yet seen a full round of matches so difficult to honestly answer if Mole is the worst striker in the SPL, but rocket science is not needed to work out that both he and Ksanavicius are totally ineffective in the roles they play.

Mole does do a lot of running around, but it is pointless if there is no end product, he is employed as a goal scorer, and he is failing to score goals.

Ksanavicius is deployed as the secondary striker, playing in the hole. He should not be playing in the hole, he should be put in a hole, that hole should then be filled with earth and the matter closed.

Mole is perhaps the least likely centre forward in the league to score a goal. Most of that is because he is murder, some of it is because of the system we play.

A lone striker who can't hold it up and has no eye for goal.

I can't think of another SPL club who have a poorer goalscoring forward than us. Higdon at Falkirk is better. Porter or Sutton at Well. Mehmet or god forbid even Hammy at St Mirren. Miller at Aberdeen. Numerous at D Utd, even the guy at Hamilton who's name I've forgotten who scored all the goals last year.

The real disgrace for me though is that Nade the Haddie can't displace him from the team. I'm sure Mole knows he's out his depth. Nade appears to think he's good enough. Fat Unfit wage thief barsteward.

What about the fact that Mole gets absolutely zero service? None whatsoever.

People are saying he doesn't score goals which of course is correct but from where I sit I don't think he's had any chances to score. Fair enough if they were being laid on a plate for him but they're not.

His workrate is probably only bettered by Michael Stewart but I know that's not enough to guarantee your place in the team.

What about the fact that Mole gets absolutely zero service? None whatsoever.

People are saying he doesn't score goals which of course is correct but from where I sit I don't think he's had any chances to score. Fair enough if they were being laid on a plate for him but they're not.

His workrate is probably only bettered by Michael Stewart but I know that's not enough to guarantee your place in the team.

He doesnt get the service, BUT he doesnt help himself by constantly being in the wrong place.

The service to score goals IS NOT down the left channel, or tucked in beside Karipidis.

[

Ksanavicius is deployed as the secondary striker, playing in the hole. He should not be playing in the hole, he should be put in a hole, that hole should then be filled with earth and the matter closed.

:) I will bring my spade.

alot of the blame must go to the coaches. who the hell keeps telling him to go out wide and come to the half way line when we are going forward. the lad does try and doesn`t have a temper tantrum like clum every time something goes wrong. time for a run on the bench me thinks

Anyone playing for Hearts shouldnt need coaching! especially a striker!!

He is totally p!sh....no strikers instinct....heads away from goal more often than towards it, when was the last time u saw him get past a defender? create anything? get on the end of something?

His only defence is the absolutley pathetic formation Csaba sends us out in which only magnifies Moles inability.

I honestly do not know what he can bring to the team.

He cant lead a line,

he cant control a ball,

he can't hold a ball,

he can't head a ball,

he can't run into useful space

so far all i have seen from him in all the games this season is one shot.

Best post on the thread. Previously once people had quickly realised he couldn't score goals to save himself there seemed to be a consensus that he might bring something else to the team. Yesterday afternoon that flicker died as well. He is totally inept and quite how he gets a starting position for HMFC at SPL level is totally beyond me. Utter pesh and will hopefully very soon be playing in The Irn Bru League's.

mole is a poor mans clum and that is bad

worst thing is clum has actually been scoring for livi.

Mole is dire, I've always said that. Worst in the SPL is possibly still a bit harsh.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Jamie Mole is a ****ing donkey. FACT.

Come on Shabba. Your selection of this tool is making you look like a fool.

Its hard to judge Mole as he is playing a role that has him doing donkey work working the channels.

Have to admit as not being a fan of 451. Some will point out it turns in to a 433 when we have the ball - but all too often the attacking players cannot support the lone man up top quick enough and the ball is lost. It also given opposition teams time to get the ball down and more than often an out ball to play the ball back and start again.

451 (433) is also incredibly ****e to watch when the players struggle to adapt to this system.

Games should be horses for courses. 451 in the right game and 442 in the right game.

With players coming back, hopefully we will see a different approach to the formations we deploy.

Since no-one has actually mentioned the other strikers in the SPL here they are :

Aberdeen - Mackie, Miller, Wright, Maguire

Celtic - Vennegoor, McDonald, Samaras, Maloney

Dundee Utd - Daly, Feeney, O'Donovan, Sandaza

Falkirk - Barrett, Higdon, Lovell, M. Stewart, J. Stewart, Finnigan

Hamilton - Offiong, Graham, Akins

Hibs - Riordan, Nish, Fletcher, Pinau

ICT - Rooney, Barrowman, McAllister, Wood

Kilmarnock - Fernandez, Sammon, Simmonds, Russell

Motherwell - Clarkson, Sutton, Porter, Murphy

Rangers - Darcheville, Miller, Boyd, Novo, Lafferty, Velicka,

St Mirren - Mehmet, Dargo, Wyness, Brighton, Hamilton

Since no-one has actually mentioned the other strikers in the SPL here they are :

Aberdeen - Mackie, Miller, Wright, Maguire All better than JM

Celtic - Vennegoor, McDonald, Samaras, Maloney All better than JM

Dundee Utd - Daly, Feeney, O'Donovan, Sandaza All better than JM

Falkirk - Barrett, Higdon, Lovell, M. Stewart, J. Stewart, Finnigan JM might be better than the 2 Stewarts

Hamilton - Offiong, Graham, Akins Remember Offiong's miss against us? Comedy gold, but still better than JM. JM probably better than Graham & Akins though

Hibs - Riordan, Nish, Fletcher, Pinau Hate so much to say it, but ALL better than JM

ICT - Rooney, Barrowman, McAllister, Wood Much the same I'd say

Kilmarnock - Fernandez, Sammon, Simmonds, Russell Ditto ICT other than Fernandez who is better

Motherwell - Clarkson, Sutton, Porter, Murphy All better than JM

Rangers - Darcheville, Miller, Boyd, Novo, Lafferty, Velicka, All better than JM

St Mirren - Mehmet, Dargo, Wyness, Brighton, Hamilton All better than JM, unbelievably!!!

So to conclude... JM worst in SPL? No, but not a lot of breathing space for him & he needs to up his game significantly if he wants to remain in the SPL, as do Hearts.

HAMILTON HEARTS

crap crap crap waits on the ball to co me to him cant read a pass from our mid field and i know he us not the tallest but look what skippy of celtic and jump and he is no six footer

Jamie Mole upfront on his own is a sympton of 3 years of p***-poor coaching and management, he is not the cause of our downfall.

Tries his best, it's not good enough....not his fault.

But at least he is out there doing it unlike some of our more celebrated players who took the money and spent many months 'injured' or 'depressed' or just 'not fecking interested'.

Archived