Dougie McDonald.

Ray Winstone

Personally I did not think he was unfair on Hearts today.

He is a ***** referee but thats about the standard accross the board in Scotland and thats the way it is I am affraid.

I thought he got the bookings about right and the sending off was just.

I love it how some of the fans were venting their frustration at him telling him he had 'cost us the game' despite the fact we could have played for hours without looking like scoring!

He is a ***** referee but thats about the standard accross the board in Scotland and thats the way it is I am affraid.

I love it how some of the fans were venting their frustration at him telling him he had 'cost us the game' despite the fact we could have played for hours without looking like scoring!

Spot on. I thought this was going to be a blaming thread.

I could have been the referee today and Hearts still would have lost.

His manner is terrible, but he got virtually everything right today.

Would agree with that.

Some fans are either absolutely clueless or were really frustrated.

Agree.

Once again I am distressed that one of our players - Jonsson in this case - does not have the intelligence to know that he is on a knife edge and is definitely going off for the next challenge the referee deems to be a foul.

How many more times?

Agreed - he wins no personality points.

The way he looked at Miko in the first half over by our fans was contemptable at best - he does not always deal with things in the appropriate manner.

I agree, I was speaking to an lower league English referee (mate of a mate) and the FA try and drum into them about their mannerisms on the pitch and not to be aggressive, I think we have a lot to learn from this along with loads of other things referee wise.

Agree.

Once again I am distressed that one of our players - Jonsson in this case - does not have the intelligence to know that he is on a knife edge and is definitely going off for the next challenge the referee deems to be a foul.

How many more times?

At least Stewart had the foresight to actually calm down and just play down the clock until he was taken off.

Agree.

How many more times?

Jonsson was actually lucky to stay on for a clearly bookable foul prior to his second booking. MacDonald did him a favour, but Jonsson didn't learn.

To give Jonsson a bit of credit though - he was again doing the work of 2 players as wage thief Kingston strolled around. And Eggert clearly cares about the team trying to win games - unlike some of our players such as Kingston. I don't think Kingston put in a single tackle in the game.

Jonsson was actually lucky to stay on for a clearly bookable foul prior to his second booking. MacDonald did him a favour, but Jonsson didn't learn.

To give Jonsson a bit of credit though - he was again doing the work of 2 players as wage thief Kingston strolled around. And Eggert clearly cares about the team trying to win games - unlike some of our players such as Kingston. I don't think Kingston put in a single tackle in the game.

Spot on again.

I agree - he could easily have gone for the previous one. He could also conceivably have gone even earlier for the challenge on Conway for which he was yellow carded.

Credit to him for being one of the few who showed any dig at all today, but he should have known better. Management should have had him off before he was sent off - if the fans can see it coming, why can't they?

portobellojambo1

Agree totally.

we didn't lose today because of unfair refereeing, we lost today because the vast majority of the Hearts team looked as if they didn't give a feck whether we won or lost. Today's display was quite simply fecking disgusting.

Guest jambomickey
Agree totally.

we didn't lose today because of unfair refereeing, we lost today because the vast majority of the Hearts team looked as if they didn't give a feck whether we won or lost. Today's display was quite simply fecking disgusting.

spoy on mate! csaba talks a good game but now it's time to prove he's not all talk

spoy on mate! csaba talks a good game but now it's time to prove he's not all talk

He does not have the luxury of a good managerial record to fall back on.

He has to prove himself at Hearts. And that means less verbal diahorrea and more football management.

Spot on. I don't understand some of our fans either - you're right, an inept performance from the players today (with our manager tactically out-thought) and they blame the referee! Get a grip...

Agree totally.

While I fully agree that Hearts brought about their own dowfall today, and that regardless of how the Ref performed, we fully deserved to lose, I still thought McDonald had yet another poor game refereeing Hearts.

Several occasions Utd players talked back, and twice that I saw they sarcasticly applauded him, but Nade was the only one (rightly) booked.

Countless times Utd players were penalised for shirt pulling, but we have the only player booked for persistent fouling.

As for how Wilkie was never booked, or the Utd player who hoofed the ball away into the crowd, I don't know.

I'm not someone who's paranoid enough to think all Refs are out to get Hearts, and I don't think McDonald's descisions made a blind bit of difference to the result, but when a Ref tells a player to "fek off" there's something far wrong.

At least Stewart had the foresight to actually calm down and just play down the clock until he was taken off.

I thought Stewart made a silly challenge shortly after his booking - I don't think it was worth another booking but was a very risky challenge to go in for given that he had just been booked.

Jambof3tornado

I dont think his reffing was unfair,but did he have to enjoy pulling the card out so much,he was clearly close to climax!!!:rolleyes:

We could have played till christmas and not come close to scoring!!!:sad:

portobellojambo1
While I fully agree that Hearts brought about their own dowfall today, and that regardless of how the Ref performed, we fully deserved to lose, I still thought McDonald had yet another poor game refereeing Hearts.

Several occasions Utd players talked back, and twice that I saw they sarcasticly applauded him, but Nade was the only one (rightly) booked.

Countless times Utd players were penalised for shirt pulling, but we have the only player booked for persistent fouling.

As for how Wilkie was never booked, or the Utd player who hoofed the ball away into the crowd, I don't know.

I'm not someone who's paranoid enough to think all Refs are out to get Hearts, and I don't think McDonald's descisions made a blind bit of difference to the result, but when a Ref tells a player to "fek off" there's something far wrong.

The only time the performance of the referee really comes into my thoughts is if it affects the final result for HMFC Colin. Today Vladimir Romanov could have refereed the game (he might well have told more than the odd Hearts player to feck off !!!) and the end result would have been the same.

Is McDonald in general a s h i t referee, yes of course, but it would be difficult to find a referee in the SPL who doesn't fall into that category.

It was just an awful performance, it was more the couldn't care less attitude from most (players) that came across that really bothered me, there seemed to be a few out there that didn't appear to care that we were taking a humping.

It was just an awful performance, it was more the couldn't care less attitude from most (players) that came across that really bothered me, there seemed to be a few out there that didn't appear to care that we were taking a humping.

Lethargic warm-up, players looking even then as if they're not that bothered.

As for that waste of time with the subs in a circle at half-time playing pig-in-the-middle, they'd have been as well having a pie and bovril. We look unprepared and so much less sharp than the opposition.

Dougie Macdonald is a Hibs supporter.

That automatically renders him a complete ****. He should never referee a Hearts game in a million years... only in Scotland :mw_rolleyes:

Log on.. He's still a fecking hobo cheating tosser... Log off.

FWIW, A certain summariser might have said on Hearts World today that he didn't care if it got him suspended next week but he'd love to get DM in a dark room and punch his puss after his attitude today!!!

McDonald didn't have his worst game - but we were so awful it made no difference.

what i really hate about mcdonald, he never gives a 50/50 decision in our favour, and you're almost guarenteed to have a man sent off, he's a cheat

The Old Tolbooth
Agree totally.

As per usual Iain, 100% spot on.

McDonald perhaps wasnt to blame for our defeat today, however as usual his mannerisms are what puts the fans instantly against him.

Every booking was an Oscar moment for him, and when it was Hearts players it was the quickness that a card was produced that annoyed most fans I think.

He is a pompous ***** IMO

The People's Chimp

I think you are absolutely spot on; mcdonald's decisions didnt cost us the game; we managed that ourselves, but yet again a woefully inconsistent performance from the hibs **** and yet again he showed his true colours.

One of my mates, who is actually a united fan, came and sat in the hearts end and he commented at the end, 'dougie mcdonald really doesn't like hearts does he...'

It's not just about the decisions against hearts, but the decisions he didn't make against united. He is, frankly, an absolute disgrace and has been in every single game I have had the misfortune to witness him referee. Is the statistic not 1 win in 19 refereed by DM? There can simply be no way that those stats are a coincedence.

Billy the Jambo

I wasnt at the game yesterday due to the fact i started work at 6pm anyway i noticed a few posters on this thread complaining about McDonalds attitude .I listened to the game on the radio and the commentator said that he could lipread mcdonald using industrial language to Mikoafter refusing to give a free kick in Mikos favour .If thats true then its fecking ridiculous and he should be hauled up in front of the sfa and suspended and he shouldnt take charge of a game involving Hearts again

..........Is the statistic not 1 win in 19 refereed by DM? There can simply be no way that those stats are a coincedence.

Do any of you "Statos" out there have the details of McDonald's performances when in the middle for Hearts games ? Not quite the same thing, but I'd also be interested to know the details of Hearts performances in games McDonald has officiated in ?

Thanks for any help any of you can give me.

The Gasman

We did not lose yesterday because of McDonald, but that should not disguise that he had a poorish game.

Jonsson second booking was for 'persistant fouling' as demonstrated by McDonald pointing around the pitch.........yet Wilkie got away with 5 fouls(persistant?) in the first half. McDonald should have sent Jonsson packing for his earlier tackle imo.......2 bad tackles = 2 yellows, instead he got a second yellow for a tangle of legs.

He was also 'conned' by Conway throughout the game, he hit the deck at the sight of a Hearts jersey................look at where Conway lands after Stewarts tackle that led to the free kick for the first goal.....10ft from where the tackle took place and very questionable if it was a foul.

He failed to book players from both sides for 'clever' tackles ie stick out a deliberate leg (not going for the ball) and take the player out as he goes past you.

McDonalds arrogance/attitude towards Miko was a disgrace also.

To summarise McDonald whilst having a poor game did not lose us the game, neither did Utd (who were poor) 'win' the game for themselves, WE fkd up big style and contibuted to our own downfall.

I am astonished that some people here think that the ref got most decisions right. Did anyone really believe that the free kick that lead to the first goal was merited? And as for the free kick that lead to the third, the Dundee United player so obviously dived that he should have been booked for simulation. Do you think that Miko would have got that decision had it been him that had gone down in that way?

I agree with the comments about Dougie McDonald's words and actions. His behaviour towards Miko was shocking and also when he sent off Johnsson his actions were exaggerated and aggressive and I am pretty sure that he swore at him too. While it is justifiable for refs to be firm in certain situations and to command respect his actions, words and mannerisms went well beyond reasonable and acceptable levels in my view. I would have panned him if he spoken to me the way that he did to some of the players.

Sniffer

The People's Chimp
The free kick for the third goal was ridiculous. It obviously never affected the result but it was unbelievably bad.

Agreed. We threw it away on our own accord, but that was a shocker.

The free kick for the third goal was ridiculous. It obviously never affected the result but it was unbelievably bad.

Whats the chance we get to see the award of the fouls on the highlights?

I think we will get to see the free kicks being taken and not the actual incidents that the fouls were awarded for.

winston churchill
Dougie Macdonald is a Hibs supporter.

That automatically renders him a complete ****. He should never referee a Hearts game in a million years... only in Scotland :mw_rolleyes:

i am sure i heard gary mackay on HW yesterday say............ he would like to punch macdonald in the puss.

Archived