Sudden change in playing style?

Ray Winstone

Dundee United have been poor so far this season and this was a game we should have been looking to take maximum points from.

What happened today that made Hearts come away from the passing game which Csaba has been trying to implement and resorting back to long ball guff?

In the first half long balls were being pumped up to Mole and Audrey (WHY????) and Dodds and Wilkie were picking them off every time.

In scrappy games (St Mirren, ICT) we have actually won the game by keeping the ball on the deck and keeping the game at our own tempo.

Today we seemed to undo any of the good work from the games so far this season.

The midfield were non existant today and the only time we looked like creating anything is when Nade came on and was able to hold the ball up for long enough to get some support. Then we started playing more passes and some of the moves looked not to bad once we had lost the game and gone down to 10 men.

So why would Csaba completely change tactics for this very winnable game?

The tactics were exactly the same as have been used since Chervenkov came in last season.

The reason why we did not play the slow paced useless passing around the back 4 of previous games this season is that Levein for all his faults is a far better manager than Laszlo/VR and had obviously seen us play. He set up his team to pressure our back 4 and centre half in midfield very high up the pitch. That meant that they had to resort to playing it longer.

Tripe. We have been a long ball team away from home all season. We haven't looked like scoring and have been a pale imitation of our home team. That's done it for me today, they can stick their away tickets up their erse. ?45 quid to watch that, just as well I got paid this week!

Jambof3tornado
Tripe. We have been a long ball team away from home all season. We haven't looked like scoring and have been a pale imitation of our home team. That's done it for me today, they can stick their away tickets up their erse. ?45 quid to watch that, just as well I got paid this week!

Hearts should refund all of us that bothered to go(and it was a fine healthy crowd),because the team in maroon(or blue and white),didnt even show up.

I have never left a game early in umpteen years following hearts but left with 5 minutes to go,coz the boys didnt even deserve my boo's today. Shocking day at the office and lets hope its sorted by next week,or we could go into the hubz game on the back of a run of bad form.

5 mins to kick off and I looked at both sides and said to my mate - there is only one winner here and it is not us. Simply put - that Heats team is not good enogh.

DUFC have better players all over the park (Sandaza, Gomis, Conway, Flood, Wilkie etc...).

Archived