romanov! yes or no

Guest jambomickey

is romanov the man to lead us forward?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. is romanov the man to lead us forward?

• yes
    • no

My guess is that the Romanov era will be looked back on with a mild fondness solely for the achievement of the Cup win and that lovely 3 months under Burley.

The rest of the era will be looked back as an unfortunate episode and with a mixture of embarassment and bemusement as to the bizarre ways in which the club has been run and represented in public particularly with regard to broken promises to the fans (principally on the stadium development and the means of challenging the Glasgow teams).

Until such time as another individual or group come in and put their money on the table the answer has to be yes.

There may well be those who say we are buggered with him, we would certainly be buggered without him.

100% spot on. You have spoken sense right throughout this thread and I have to admit you are definitely one of my favourite posters on this board.

I can maybe understand Jambo Mickey's dislike for Mr Romanov and the turmoil that has been brought to the club but the truth is until there is a viable alternative (which there isn't) then we are stuck where we are (which is a darn sight better than administration, no assets, a small squad and no transfer budget). The anti-Romanov brigade need to take a reality check. We are in effect an insolvent business with very little prospects of that changing and if Mr Romanov does take his backing away we are in big trouble. Who in their right mind would want to go anywhere near us unless they were mega-rich and a fan?

FACT 1 - Football chairmen do not, or very rarely aimlessly throw millions of pounds at football clubs.

FACT 2 - People financing businesses want to have a certain level of control. If I was overseeing a business and keeping it alive I would want input on what was happening at said business.

FACT 3 - There are football clubs with FAR worse people in charge than what we have.

FACT 4 - There have been significant improvements made in the off the field structure at the club under the Romanov regime.

Without Mr Romanov we would not have finished second, we would not have had our trips to Europe, we would not be celebrating a second recent Scottish Cup success, and we would not have a ground we could call our own.

Things aren't great at the moment but in our situation we could be A LOT worse off.

Am I happy with the way the club is run? No. We have a bloated management structure, with absolutely no need for a 'Sporting Director', in my opinion there is still some interference in team selection and the off field administration is by many accounts shambolic at best.

All of the above said, there is no obvious alternative to Romanov at the current time. So I'm going to abstain from this poll. Is Romanov the man to take us forward? Probably not. Is there anyone else capable of taking us forward? Don't know.

portobellojambo1
but we cant be wishing him to walk away unless there is a better alternative slapping its money on the table and thats highly unlikely IMO.

That is my view as well OaG. If my answers sound as if I am delighted to have Romanov around that is purely because of the way the initial question was phrased, or at least my interpretation of it.

Do I think he is the best owner Hearts have had, absolutely not, do I think he is the worst, absolutely not. My interpretation of lead us going forward was stay in charge at this time, I did not interpret it as the best person to lead us to the "promised land", if that had been the question my answer too would have been no.

But at this moment as far as being the owner he is the best person for one reason only, we have no fecking alternatives standing on the sidelines waiting to take over, and until such time as someone shows their face and their money we are stuck with what we have.

Forward would be splitting the Old Firm, Champs league qualification and maybe one day winning the league. By his own admission he can't take us forward down to the so called "Scottish mafia" he said it openly in an interview after the Kaunas Rangers game. In the same interview, when asked should he continue his involvement in Hearts if that is his mind set he replied by stating that he wants to bring through young players and sell them on(or words to that effect) After that statement, he may continue to make money from the club but there appears to be no intention to take the club forward.

Guest jambomickey
Forward would be splitting the Old Firm, Champs league qualification and maybe one day winning the league. By his own admission he can't take us forward down to the so called "Scottish mafia" he said it openly in an interview after the Kaunas Rangers game. In the same interview, when asked should he continue his involvement in Hearts if that is his mind set he replied by stating that he wants to bring through young players and sell them on(or words to that effect) After that statement, he may continue to make money from the club but there appears to be no intention to take the club forward.

that's right it's the press' the mafia etc to blame! utter rubbish that little paranoid control freak is to blame for the circus that is hearts

Guest jambomickey
No he hasnt.

Same old dirge.

When that ****wit pieman sold up,oh sorry ****ed us beyond belief and put us in the position we are today.

Not one Edinburgh businessman had the balls to take the reigns.Too interested in ****ing rugby.

So what Vlads is chaos unleashed.

Still rather that than playing at murrayfield.

Unless theres feasible alternatives..we are stuck with him.

same old dirge from you!

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

the scary thing is 45% of people on here think hes capable of taking us forward, which is what the question is.

Proved time and time again hes not and the sooner he goes the better, what happens after is anyones guess.

The Old Tolbooth
Summed up perfectly JM. ;)

At the moment we have no option but to say he is the man to lead us forward is crazy IMO.

Totally agree mate

He had the perfect machine in place when we had Burley, he messed it up, he had the chance to go out and recruit another decent manager, he messed it up, when we finished second in the league he had the chance to build a better squad to qualify for the CL group stages, he messed it up.

Basically our club is one big messed up shambles because of the way one man tries to run it, and anyone who thinks this idiot can take Hearts forward is extremely deluded!

Father Tiresias
The alleged divide in the support is down to each individuals choices, opinions & interpretations of events at Hearts - everybody has a mind of their own and makes thier own decisions, forms their own opinions - if the support is divided it's because people hold opposing opinions which they arrived at - nobody not even Romanov can decide what happens inside peoples heads.

Alleged??? There is no alleged divide in the support, there IS a divide in the support.

if it was wallace mercer or the pie man in charge and had mismanaged us like mad vlad we'd be cramped outside the main stand demanding change

But no one ever does, jambomickey: not even most charged-up anti-Vlad writers on here.

Buffalo Bill

As in the majority of JKB polls the question is too limited to answer and express ones true opinion. Is Vlad the man to lead Hearts forward, I don,t think so but to provide a definite yes/no answer I have to say yes. Not because I believe he is doing a good job, on the contrary I believe the club is suffering, but in the absence of someone with whom I can compare I have to concede that if Hearts are to progress, under the present circumstance again the answer must be yes.

I have to say although not in the appropriate thread that I am concerned right now about the future of Hearts. But then having watched the news, the presidential debate I am extremely concerned about the World and the human race. Major financial institutions are collapsing like a house of cards, people are losing jobs, houses, and an accepted way of life. Hearts are a big thing to most of us, probably more so for those of you who are geographically able to physically follow them. The problem I have is that if Romanov should GTF as so often requested Hearts will go down like a lead balloon, sentimentality says there will always be a Hearts I am not sure in the current world financial situation thats a fact.

But no one ever does, jambomickey: not even most charged-up anti-Vlad writers on here.

Buffalo Bill

Union-Jock did I thought? :)

If a decent owner/consortium came along then I'd love for there to be a change.

...but until that day.

Buffalo Bill

Totally agree mate

He had the perfect machine in place when we had Burley, he messed it up, he had the chance to go out and recruit another decent manager, he messed it up, when we finished second in the league he had the chance to build a better squad to qualify for the CL group stages, he messed it up.

Basically our club is one big messed up shambles because of the way one man tries to run it, and anyone who thinks this idiot can take Hearts forward is extremely deluded!

:bravo:

The Old Tolbooth

Buffalo Bill

It's a very good point, I wonder if the Geordies would put up with Vlad running their club......

Oops, silly me, of course they wouldn't, they have pride and passion.

101 people say 'yes'

WTF!!!

Are they blind?

this man is killing our club. Everytime we think we have 'turned the corner' we get thumped of a bunch of diddies.

there are no corners!!

It is a very long and evry straight road!

It's a very god point, I wonder if the Geordies would put up with Vlad running their club......

They also don't have any new owner and a team in free-fall .... as well as having unrealistic expectations in my opinion.

The Old Tolbooth
They also don't have any new owner and a team in free-fall .... as well as having unrealistic expectations in my opinion.

My point is that they at least have the balls to stand up to Mike Ashley and force his hand, the club is now up for sale with a serious buyer looking likely, and a short term measure in Joe Kinnear has been brought in to try and steady the ship.

I'd kill for Hearts to be in the same position, irrespective of our league position!

J.T.F.Robertson
It's a very god point, I wonder if the Geordies would put up with Vlad running their club......

John, they also play in a league with far greater potential for investment.

We, on the otherhand, are part of a mickey mouse, 2 team monopoly "competition".

I hate what we've become over the past 3 years, but if you ask me, would I rather Vlad got to feck with no alternative on the horizon, then I need a nano second to answer that one.

We may well be fecked with him, but we'd be sure as ****, totally fecked without him.

I want change as much as the next guy, but I'm not willing chance us going to the wall (and that's what would happen IMO) just to prove to Romanov I

won't be "used" anymore.

It's not the ideal scenario :rolleyes: but until there's a better one, it beats the alternative.

jack D and coke
Maybe, but Frail had the chance to 'spill the beans' but he didn't bad mouth VR and also claimed he had full control since January.

I know a guy who was playing golf with shaggy a few weeks back and thats not what he told him.

The Old Tolbooth
John, they also play in a league with far greater potential for investment.

We, on the otherhand, are part of a mickey mouse, 2 team monopoly "competition".

I hate what we've become over the past 3 years, but if you ask me, would I rather Vlad got to feck with no alternative on the horizon, then I need a nano second to answer that one.

We may well be fecked with him, but we'd be sure as ****, totally fecked without him.

I want change as much as the next guy, but I'm not willing chance us going to the wall (and that's what would happen IMO) just to prove to Romanov I

won't be "used" anymore.

It's not the ideal scenario :rolleyes: but until there's a better one, it beats the alternative.

The part I highlighted is something I totally agree with, and it would be very difficult to find another buyer for the club in this league, however one thing that gives me eternal hope is the fact that the potential of this club is massive when we do well. We sold out every game for 2 seasons because we were promised the earth, we took 40,000 to Hampden for the Scottish cup final, we had 250,000 parade the streets for our cup wins, and I just think that whilst we cant compete on an old firm level all the time, I definitely think we can be the "third force", with the occasional season of coming 2nd or possibly better, if someone was to tap into our potential properly.

I know a guy who was playing golf with shaggy a few weeks back and thats not what he told him.

Frail has kept quiet because he wants to get back in the game.

Nobody will employ him if they think he'll spill the beans whenever he leaves.

Guest jambomickey
Frail has kept quiet because he wants to get back in the game.

Nobody will employ him if they think he'll spill the beans whenever he leaves.

spot on mate! graham rix book should be interesting though

that's right it's the press' the mafia etc to blame! utter rubbish that little paranoid control freak is to blame for the circus that is hearts

the operative words were so called. I agree 100%!

spot on mate! graham rix book should be interesting though

Why, what will it tell us that we don't already know?

Vlad picks the team?

Vlad is an irrational megalomaniac!

Rodney is a plonker!

..............and the beat goes on

Guest jambomickey
Why, what will it tell us that we don't already know?

Vlad picks the team?

Vlad is an irrational megalomaniac!

Rodney is a plonker!

..............and the beat goes on

some of us know! some are blind to the rat in lithuania and believe any crap he comes out with

Guest jambomickey
I can't see how any Hearts fan can be 100% happy with the way we are being run, but there are lots of things on the field I'm happy with this season and off the field I think we have come really far since the pieman days.

boo how far have we come from the pie mans days? the only difference is we're playing at tynecastle! at least the pie man gave a manager a budget to buy and sell players, pick the team without interference, and the pie man faced the fans not like the coward in lithuania. under the pie man we weren't known for sacking and treating people like ****, the current owner is a rat who hides when he's making a pigs ear out of things

Guest jambomickey
rite flag to the mast time!

romanov, i think, will ultimatly succeed in making hearts a success, wht sort of success and to what extent i dont know but i think when he leaves or perhaps many years from now he will be looked back on as a man that gave us at least the building blocks for something great.

now of course we have to put up with all the turmoil everycouple of weeks or a stupid statement or two when he gets miffed at the mafia, but i really think he has turned a corner in the last few months in regards to how he is going to run the club(or let the club be run would be more accurate)

ok wages didint go in and it is very embarrising, but what if it was a one off? what if it was a technical hitch? and lets face it alote of the 'turmoil' at the club is newspaper talk, with very little to back it up!

i just dont think the guy is used to failure, and will do everything to avoid it, that trait alone makes me think he will get i rite.

and no i didnt forget my medication this morning

the guy has been a failure with us and will continue to be a failure! can you not remember his promises?

ToadKiller Dog
can't believe 40% of the voters still believe the rat is the man to lead us forward

Ok you have 60% backing your cause ,now you have to work out how you plan to make it happen or the poll is just a wasted exercise.

Guest jambomickey
Ok you have 60% backing your cause ,now you have to work out how you plan to make it happen or the poll is just a wasted exercise.

60% of these votes but a lot of season ticket holders alresdy have voted with there feet!

Nucky Thompson
can't believe 40% of the voters still believe the rat is the man to lead us forward
That's the 2nd one of your pish threads you've bumped back to the top after as many minutes:rolleyes: God, your like a broken fecking record.

Guest jambomickey
That's the 2nd one of your pish threads you've bumped back to the top after as many minutes:rolleyes: God, your like a broken fecking record.

your like a broken fecken record! your blind to the madman FACT

Nucky Thompson
your like a broken fecken record! your blind to the madman FACT
You're fecking obsessed..FACT.. It's you that's coming over as a bit of a madman!

Guest jambomickey
You're fecking obsessed..FACT.. It's you that's coming over as a bit of a madman!

i'm no madman just realistic enough to see our club is being used for a rats ego! we've got a regime of cowards who don't give a feck about us and you're quite happy to sit back and say vlads god

Guest jambomickey

give us a list of the positives and negatives in your mind that madfud has gave us

Nucky Thompson
i'm no madman just realistic enough to see our club is being used for a rats ego! we've got a regime of cowards who don't give a feck about us and you're quite happy to sit back and say vlads god
What is it I'm meant to be unhappy about? Vlad seems to be keeping his nose out of team selection and we're sitting 3rd in the league. What has happened this season that makes you want to get the pitchfork out, serious question.

Guest jambomickey
What is it I'm meant to be unhappy about? Vlad seems to be keeping his nose out of team selection and we're sitting 3rd in the league. What has happened this season that makes you want to get the pitchfork out, serious question.

you honestly believe he's keeping his nose out of team selection?

Guest jambomickey
100%

you've really surprised me there! what would you say if tommorow if madfud sacked csaba? i've no doubt you would try to make excuses for him

Guest jambomickey

get back to the top for boos sake

Archived