romanov! yes or no

Guest jambomickey

is romanov the man to lead us forward?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. is romanov the man to lead us forward?

• yes
    • no

In the absence of anyone else with 'show me the money' and definite ideas & workable plans to take us forward what else can the answer be? Simply wanting Romanov out isn't really a solution.

portobellojambo1
is romanov the man to lead us forward?

Until such time as another individual or group come in and put their money on the table the answer has to be yes.

There may well be those who say we are buggered with him, we would certainly be buggered without him.

Guest jambomickey
Until such time as another individual or group come in and put their money on the table the answer has to be yes.

There may well be those who say we are buggered with him, we would certainly be buggered without him.

pj1 there will always be a heart of midlothian football club and a much stronger football club once we rid of that paranoid control freak

Nucky Thompson
boo can you honestly say you're happy with the way our club is being run?
I can't see how any Hearts fan can be 100% happy with the way we are being run, but there are lots of things on the field I'm happy with this season and off the field I think we have come really far since the pieman days.

It might be in the clubs best interests if the fans that cannot get behind Hearts stopped going to games and having anything at all to do with the club. These fans are divisive, bring a negative atitude and we (Hearts) really do not need that.

If the owner does ever sell up to someone else then they will then be able to come back and give the club their full support. For now though it might be best if they stay away.

pj1 there will always be a heart of midlothian football club and a much stronger football club once we rid of that paranoid control freak

Maybe your right jambomickey but we weren't that strong before Romanov appeared and until we can stop overspending, stop losing money and reduce debts I don't see how we can be a much stronger club - with or without Romanov.

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm with Porto. Today the answer is yes.

Tomorrow when an American sports loving billionaire steps up to the plate I'll be one hundred percent behind him.

Me fickle? Never.

It might be in the clubs best interests if the fans that cannot get behind Hearts stopped going to games and having anything at all to do with the club. These fans are divisive, bring a negative atitude and we (Hearts) really do not need that.

If the owner does ever sell up to someone else then they will then be able to come back and give the club their full support. For now though it might be best if they stay away.

You don't half post some garbage.

Guest jambomickey
I can't see how any Hearts fan can be 100% happy with the way we are being run, but there are lots of things on the field I'm happy with this season and off the field I think we have come really far since the pieman days.

i'm happy with things on the field boo (i even got to header the ball last week haha) but if vlad has a bad dream or gets out of bed the wrong way some day csaba or anybody else could just be sacked and we're then back at square one again

Guest jambomickey

i'm a shareholder/season ticket holder and never miss a game! i back the team 100% but can never back a owner who is a paranoid control freak

I think the more relevent question is

Will things ever settle down in the romanov regime

My answer would be no

We lurch from one crisis to another

If it is not on the field then it is off it

This fact cannot be denied by anybody

Guest jambomickey

and by the way if you look at season tickets and the thousands of empty spaces at tynecastle you'll see many fans have stopped going because of the paranoid control freak in lithuania

It doesnt matter if you love or loathe him. Theres not a thing any of us can do. We're stuck with him. Accept this. Now i cant stand him either but its not like there is a billionaire arab just round the corner waiting to buy us. There is NOBODY else out there to buy us.

portobellojambo1

I do not doubt there will always be a Heart of Midlothian Football Club jambomickey. But your question was is he the man to lead us forward, and without an alternative the answer has to be yes.

If there is an HMFC there has to be someone in charge of the ship, only once the alternative shows his/her/their face(s), and takes the club in whatever direction they believe to be right, will we be able to judge if that alternative is better or worse than what we already have.

Guest jambomickey
I do not doubt there will always be a Heart of Midlothian Football Club jambomickey. But your question was is he the man to lead us forward, and without an alternative the answer has to be yes.

If there is an HMFC there has to be someone in charge of the ship, only once the alternative shows his/her/their face(s), and takes the club in whatever direction they believe to be right, will we be able to judge if that alternative is better or worse than what we already have.

pj1 imo the quicker we back in the hands of somebody who's got the best interests of heart of midlothian at heart the better

portobellojambo1
pj1 imo the quicker we back in the hands of somebody who's got the best interests of heart of midlothian at heart the better

I am not for one second disputing that fact, but who is this person, there is no guarantee that the next person in charge will be a lifelong HMFC fan, with the best interests of HMFC at heart.

Fair chance it could be a businessman, but where will he come from, how much will he know about HMFC, until such time as someone flags an interest there is not a lot we can do really.

Guest jambomickey
I am not for one second disputing that fact, but who is this person, there is no guarantee that the next person in charge will be a lifelong HMFC fan, with the best interests of HMFC at heart.

Fair chance it could be a businessman, but where will he come from, how much will he know about HMFC, until such time as someone flags an interest there is not a lot we can do really.

pj1 do you know any owner who sacks the amount of people vlad has? do you know of any football club that when players or officials move on they say how bad it is behind the scenes? graham rix book could be interesting

Nucky Thompson
graham rix book could be interesting
It has to be or he won't sell many copies:rolleyes: Think about it:)

Guest jambomickey

think the players will back him up and there the ones who were behind the scenes!

Is it necessary for you to use :rolleyes: in every sentence ?

Guest jambomickey
jambomickey we all know vlads failings. May i ask what is your alternative? Do u know of somebody willing to buy us?

my alternative is for the mad paranoid control freak to put us up for sale at a set price and see what comes up

Nucky Thompson
think the players will back him up and there the ones who were behind the scenes!
Maybe, but Frail had the chance to 'spill the beans' but he didn't bad mouth VR and also claimed he had full control since January.

portobellojambo1
pj1 do you know any owner who sacks the amount of people vlad has? do you know of any football club that when players or officials move on they say how bad it is behind the scenes? graham rix book could be interesting

I have never at any point said his tenure has been a barrel of roses, being polite about the best you could say is it has been eventful. But if you pose a question like is he the best person to lead us forward, but do not offer an alternative name, then there is no alternative. It is all totally hypothetical until such time as someone/some group say "we would like to buy HMFC, and these are our short/long term plans for the club". Then you can make a judgement.

As I said way back, we may well be goosed with him, we would definitely be goosed without him, the club will not run on fresh air alone.

Guest jambomickey

burley, anderton, foulkes, webster, mcallister, johnson, skacel, bednar, pressley, brellier etc are all wrong and mad vlad is right?

Guest jambomickey
Maybe, but Frail had the chance to 'spill the beans' but he didn't bad mouth VR and also claimed he had full control since January.

he didn't because he said he had too much respect for the club and also he wasn't going to speak and not get his pay off! but stevie frail could spill the beans if he wanted too

Guest jambomickey
I have never at any point said his tenure has been a barrel of roses, being polite about the best you could say is it has been eventful. But if you pose a question like is he the best person to lead us forward, but do not offer an alternative name, then there is no alternative. It is all totally hypothetical until such time as someone/some group say "we would like to buy HMFC, and these are our short/long term plans for the club". Then you can make a judgement.

As I said way back, we may well be goosed with him, we would definitely be goosed without him, the club will not run on fresh air alone.

if it was wallace mercer or the pie man in charge and had mismanaged us like mad vlad we'd be cramped outside the main stand demanding change

If the pieman was in charge we'd be playing at the meadows jambomickey. We all share the same frustrations as yourself. I think vlad is a grade A ar$eh0le. But it all comes back to the same point. Where is the knight in shining armour to buy him out?

Cripes.

I voted expecting to be in a significant majority. Really surprised to see the majority going for 'yes'.

I feel his time has been and gone and he's served his purpose.

Yes, without him, we may have been arsing around at Murrayfield (not an idea that I felt was entirely without merit) but the question is about the future and nothing, nothing, that Vlad has done in his entire tenure has convinced me that he is a man with the long term future of Hearts near the centre of his attention.

It would give me so much relief if I were to wake up and hear the news that he's sold up. We might find ourselves on the same old treadmill but there'd be some chance that things might change - perhaps for the better.

As Lord Scrumptious once said: He's had his chance and he's muffed it.

For the record, this is probably the first out-and-out "Vlad is Bad" post that I've made so please don't class me among the 'usual suspects' and 'vlad-kickers'

rudi must stay

think Csaba is the man to lead us forward tbh. But if Romanov continues doing what he is doing at the moment (not interfering), then we be a good team IMO

The OP has raised a hard and intriguing question.

Romanov appears to have the capabilities to take our club forward but because of his ego and interference he will not.

So I must vote NO!!

Father Tiresias

Romanov appears to have the capabilities to take our club forward but because of his ego and interference he will not.

So I must vote NO!!

Under the current owners' regime, we have stagnated for the last 2 years with no sign of that changing.

So I must vote NO!!

No he hasnt.

Same old dirge.

When that ****wit pieman sold up,oh sorry ****ed us beyond belief and put us in the position we are today.

Not one Edinburgh businessman had the balls to take the reigns.Too interested in ****ing rugby.

So what Vlads is chaos unleashed.

Still rather that than playing at murrayfield.

Unless theres feasible alternatives..we are stuck with him.

The question was "can he lead us forward" the answer is probably that he CAN keep us going as a club but "lead us forward" from where we are now. I seriously doubt it.

Those who are happy and indeed grateful with our mere continued existence will be satisfied with merely existing of course.

Those who want us to realise the potential that Romanov himself explosed in 2005/06 will be desparate to see the back of him because that was as good as its going to get with Romanov.

My answer is NO he cant, or wont, lead us forward from where we are now, but we cant be wishing him to walk away unless there is a better alternative slapping its money on the table and thats highly unlikely IMO.

The question was "can he lead us forward" the answer is probably that he CAN keep us going as a club but "lead us forward" from where we are now. I seriously doubt it.

Those who are happy and indeed grateful with our mere continued existence will be satisfied with merely existing of course.

Those who want us to realise the potential that Romanov himself explosed in 2005/06 will be desparate to see the back of him because that was as good as its going to get with Romanov.

My answer is NO he cant, or wont, lead us forward from where we are now, but we cant be wishing him to walk away unless there is a better alternative slapping its money on the table and thats highly unlikely IMO.

I agree

rite flag to the mast time!

romanov, i think, will ultimatly succeed in making hearts a success, wht sort of success and to what extent i dont know but i think when he leaves or perhaps many years from now he will be looked back on as a man that gave us at least the building blocks for something great.

now of course we have to put up with all the turmoil everycouple of weeks or a stupid statement or two when he gets miffed at the mafia, but i really think he has turned a corner in the last few months in regards to how he is going to run the club(or let the club be run would be more accurate)

ok wages didint go in and it is very embarrising, but what if it was a one off? what if it was a technical hitch? and lets face it alote of the 'turmoil' at the club is newspaper talk, with very little to back it up!

i just dont think the guy is used to failure, and will do everything to avoid it, that trait alone makes me think he will get i rite.

and no i didnt forget my medication this morning

and by the way if you look at season tickets and the thousands of empty spaces at tynecastle you'll see many fans have stopped going because of the paranoid control freak in lithuania

Are we down to pre-Romanov figures yet?:rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey
Are we down to pre-Romanov figures yet?:rolleyes:

do you go to games? there's just about fights with hearts fans on a weekly basis! that's how much the guy has divided the support

do you go to games? there's just about fights with hearts fans on a weekly basis! that's how much the guy has divided the support

The alleged divide in the support is down to each individuals choices, opinions & interpretations of events at Hearts - everybody has a mind of their own and makes thier own decisions, forms their own opinions - if the support is divided it's because people hold opposing opinions which they arrived at - nobody not even Romanov can decide what happens inside peoples heads.

Season ticket holder with my kids, have been going to games for almost twenty five years.

I've never been close to fighting with a fellow Hearts fan, and the last time I seen hearts fans fighting with each other I was standing in the middle of the shed.

I think you're just a wee bit of a drama queen.:)

Archived