The HBOS angle

lambojambo

Just googled it takes between 1 and 5 days apparently. I must have got lucky !!

Anyway let's just hope this doesn't happen again. :eek:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just googled it takes between 1 and 5 days apparently. I must have got lucky !!

Anyway let's just hope this doesn't happen again. :eek:

Google ruins so many arguments...:biggrin:

Google ruins so many arguments...:biggrin:

True. I try to use it as little as possible. Prefer to use the old noggin if possible.

But sometimes you just have to give in....:)

PS - Just realised I actually use it rather a lot !!

I was about to transfer monies (not as much as Hearts) to Hbos from Tsb last week and stopped the transfer because I was concerned of the present climate regarding Hbos, of course not knowing at the time they would break all the banking rules and merge with Tsb(how strange) but any way I still haven't transferred funds so could someone inform the daily ******. If I was cautious and think I was not going to lose money by my judgement Then I salute Mr Romanov for have the insight not to lose money. BTW I cant wait until we have UKIO BANKAS open for business in Edinburgh

portobellojambo1
Unless I am mistaken 2 banks can do a telegraphic transfer that is pretty sharpish (Within a day) . Nothing to do with Western Union like places.

I am sure I did this a few years back. May be mistaken thought but don't think so.

A same day TT can be carried out between 2 banks within the UK CC, but it all depends on what time the instructions are received by the ceding bank, and there is a charge, which I believe is around ?25 per transaction. A TT involving an overseas account will take longer.

A same day TT can be carried out between 2 banks within the UK CC, but it all depends on what time the instructions are received by the ceding bank, and there is a charge, which I believe is around ?25 per transaction. A TT involving an overseas account will take longer.

Cheers. ****ing banks. :rolleyes:

I can answer that question. International transfers have to be set up. The usual method is HOBs. When I lived in Germany it took me a week and a half to set up HOBs between HBOS and Hypovereinsbank AG. It then took 5 days for every transfer I made, and remember everything was already set up and in place and I was transferring my own money to myself in a foreign country. To set up a transfer from UKIO to the players accounts would have needed signatures from all the players on documentation. ie they'd still be waiting for their money next month.

Thank you.

Sheriff Fatman
You sure about that ? I am sure when I was in Oz years back I got an International telegraphic transfer in the space of hours - IIRC.

That is nice, please do remember that any transaction between UKIO and HBOS concerning the players wages is a business transaction and therefore using any personal banking transaction as a reference means diddly squat.

Archived