Money men ready to bail out Hearts

andrew

Geoff Kilpatrick
Hopefully this IS the beginning of the end for the cancer that is within Hearts

I thought Chris Robinson was the 'cancer'.

S**t, just when we thought we were in remission! :eek:

Then What A Great Challenge There is For A New Investor to Come In And

Stamp There Mark on the Club and Take us Back to Our Right-ful Place

At the top of Scottish Football

If I Was Buying A Club this Would Be The Perfect Challenge

The Whole Point is to Turn it Around and Make The Project a Success

So if you had the money & weren't a Hearts fan, of all the clubs, even in Scotland, that you could buy - you'd buy Hearts?

For an outsider, they must look at the chance to make money or be successful. With the OF around, there is minimal chance of real success without forking out an awful lot of cash to make us successful. I don't reckon Vlad knew the real position & thought if he threw a few quid at us that'd sufficient.

Obviously, it's everyone else's fault as he's mentioned repeatedly, but I think reality may have set in & he's realised that he can't beat the OF - due to their size & potential backing.

People are interested in Hearts but until VR decides to sell that's all it can be - INTEREST.

The stadium issue may decide VR's next move. They have been stalling the council for a number of months and who could argue that pressing ahead with such plans in this current climate is nothing short of suicide.

However, without approval I honestly think VR would struggle to attract any real interest in Hearts. If he receives approval then that could path the way for potential investors to come in to Hearts knowing that there would be development opportunities in place.

We_are_the_Hearts
So if you had the money & weren't a Hearts fan, of all the clubs, even in Scotland, that you could buy - you'd buy Hearts?

For an outsider, they must look at the chance to make money or be successful. With the OF around, there is minimal chance of real success without forking out an awful lot of cash to make us successful. I don't reckon Vlad knew the real position & thought if he threw a few quid at us that'd sufficient.

Obviously, it's everyone else's fault as he's mentioned repeatedly, but I think reality may have set in & he's realised that he can't beat the OF - due to their size & potential backing.

Disagree. It can be done but it would need the appointment of the RIGHT coaches. Not ones that suit Vlads agenda. This is where the money has been lost and also why we will not challenge the OF under the current set up. Smaller teams in other countries like Valencia and Alkmaar have shown it can be done with the right coaches and youth system.

Our Youth system will never be the success it could be until the proper coaches are in place.

Disagree. It can be done but it would need the appointment of the RIGHT coaches. Not ones that suit Vlads agenda. This is where the money has been lost and also why we will not challenge the OF under the current set up. Smaller teams in other countries like Valencia and Alkmaar have shown it can be done with the right coaches and youth system.

Our Youth system will never be the success it could be until the proper coaches are in place.

Valencia are in massive debt so any success they've had they've been overspending to achieve........

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/53379-the-trials-tribulations-of-valencia-cf

We_are_the_Hearts
Valencia are in massive debt so any success they've had they've been overspending to achieve........

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/53379-the-trials-tribulations-of-valencia-cf

Was talking about 10 years ago when they came through playing a delightful brand of football with players like Lopez and Mendieta, eventually winning the European Cup. This was under the guidance of Cuper. Only later did they star spending big to try and get they days back.

A blind man can see our youth system won't flourish under the current set up. I am sure the Murray's are decent men but they are not the coaches to get the most out of our young talent.

Was talking about 10 years ago when they came through playing a delightful brand of football with players like Lopez and Mendieta, eventually winning the European Cup. This was under the guidance of Cuper. Only later did they star spending big to try and get they days back.

A blind man can see our youth system won't flourish under the current set up. I am sure the Murray's are decent men but they are not the coaches to get the most out of our young talent.

What a great side that was to watch.

I remember seeing them at Ibrox when they played Rangers. I think Rangers scraped a draw?

But Mendieta and Lopez were something else to watch at that time.

Then What A Great Challenge There is For A New Investor to Come In And

Stamp There Mark on the Club and Take us Back to Our Right-ful Place

At the top of Scottish Football

If I Was Buying A Club this Would Be The Perfect Challenge

The Whole Point is to Turn it Around and Make The Project a Success

Are these song titles from your new album?

We_are_the_Hearts
What a great side that was to watch.

I remember seeing them at Ibrox when they played Rangers. I think Rangers scraped a draw?

But Mendieta and Lopez were something else to watch at that time.

They ripped them a new one over in Spain though. Tremendous team to watch. No big name players when they started out.

I've asked this question before in regards VR being bought out.

In a best case scenario it would surely only require a return of his capital investment to strike a deal, provided he WANTS to sell AND that UKIO are still prepared to guarantee our debt and allow us to continue to operate. Aside from the shares he bought for cash, the rest of his / the clubs lavish 'spend' just appears to have gone straight onto our overdraft which we ( Hearts ) are paying to service anyway !

I've asked this question before in regards VR being bought out.

In a best case scenario it would surely only require a return of his capital investment to strike a deal, provided he WANTS to sell AND that UKIO are still prepared to guarantee our debt and allow us to continue to operate. Aside from the shares he bought for cash, the rest of his / the clubs lavish 'spend' just appears to have gone straight onto our overdraft which we ( Hearts ) are paying to service anyway !

The stadium decision will play a significant part in whether VR stays or goes.

portobellojambo1
People are interested in Hearts but until VR decides to sell that's all it can be - INTEREST.

The stadium issue may decide VR's next move. They have been stalling the council for a number of months and who could argue that pressing ahead with such plans in this current climate is nothing short of suicide.

However, without approval I honestly think VR would struggle to attract any real interest in Hearts. If he receives approval then that could path the way for potential investors to come in to Hearts knowing that there would be development opportunities in place.

I know it is all totally hypothetical at the moment PTBCAL but I am not convinced the planning approval will, or should, play a major part, in fact I could see the scenario where a new owner might go as far as changing the development plan, and jettisoning the attachments, such as hotel and office space, which I do not think would be a bad thing in all honesty (still not convinced of the need for a hotel and office space to let in McLeod Street). And a new owner offering a downgraded plan should have no problem getting approval.

I think if the right offer comes in he will accept it, it all depends on what he considers the right offer, given the level of debt which will either have to be covered or cleared as part of any purchase.

The approval/development as it stands is likely to be shelved in the present business climate I would think, progressing it at this time would be akin to committing suicide. If the business world continues to slump he might be better placed to get out sooner rather than later, assuming he wants out (which brings us back to the hypothetical part).

Valencia didn't win the european cup!

I know it is all totally hypothetical at the moment PTBCAL but I am not convinced the planning approval will, or should, play a major part, in fact I could see the scenario where a new owner might go as far as changing the development plan, and jettisoning the attachments, such as hotel and office space, which I do not think would be a bad thing in all honesty (still not convinced of the need for a hotel and office space to let in McLeod Street). And a new owner offering a downgraded plan should have no problem getting approval.

I think if the right offer comes in he will accept it, it all depends on what he considers the right offer, given the level of debt which will either have to be covered or cleared as part of any purchase.

The approval/development as it stands is likely to be shelved in the present business climate I would think, progressing it at this time would be akin to committing suicide. If the business world continues to slump he might be better placed to get out sooner rather than later, assuming he wants out (which brings us back to the hypothetical part).

I think the approval or non-approval may pave the way for a bid.

Approval could make it an attractive proposition for someone to buy into.

Non-Approval could mean that VR is sitting on a dead-duck so to speak and he may to decide to cut his losses.

portobellojambo1

Non-Approval could mean that VR is sitting on a dead-duck so to speak and he may to decide to cut his losses.

I certainly understand it from that point of view PTBCAL, that is why I added the words "or should" to my original post as a follow up.

I do agree that with planning approval in place it would be appealing to potential buyers, I don't know a lot about planning permission etc. but I assume that if a mystery new owner did come in and chose, for example, to scale down the development, and concentrate on building a new main stand only, they would not have to re-apply for planning permission (I am guessing they would only have to re-apply if they were to increase the size of the project).

I don't know why but in my original post I was looking at it more from Romanov's point of view, as a potential seller, in that delays in selling could, potentially, cost him money in the present climate (but again it all goes back to whether or not he really wants out).

Here's hoping.

Seriously hate that absolute ****.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Worst case situation Hearts have is VR selling the club.

He wont sell it as assets cuss he is now too involved in Scottish investments

to have such a negative business issue occur.

So he sells Hearts as a Club at a slight loss to someone else,so what we got overpaid stars providing the bare minimum i expect,so we get average wage SPL players and get same performance...

Or we may get some oil bollion who decides he hayes manchester...

Here's how I see it,Vlad bought the shares for say ?3m,everything he/the club spends is on loan(not his money) he finds out that his plan is pretty much doomed so his other company buy ?12m worth of shares,now that makes the total lay out ?15m and the rest all tied up in a massive loan.

Vlad wants to sell,so he gets his/his company ?15m for selling and someone else takes over the loan paying him/his company the interest,what ever he does he's/his company's quids in.

I've said it before but I do not think Vlad has put very much of his own money into Hearts but want's top dollar to sell,making him a very tidy profit if it works out for him,if not,it could quite easily be the end of Hearts.

I spoke to him recently, and the impression I get is that he is well out of Hearts, and a return is nowhere near likely.

I concur.

Archived