Money men ready to bail out Hearts

andrew

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/9am-Briefing-George-Foulkes-says.4517433.jp

Former Hearts chairman George Foulkes has reportedly hinted that several money men are ready to step in and bail out the Jambos if necessary.

He says courting Vladimir Romanov was Hearts' only option three-and-half years ago, but fears Romanov has lost his enthusiasm for the club.

That plumber sniffing about again??

The same plumber that didnt bring forth his reddies last time and gets mentioned everytime someone thinks Vlads about to sell up. Not gonna happen.:rolleyes:

I would be surprised, Pat can talk the talk, but that is it.

when i read read the article and seen Robinsons name highlighted i almost spat my tea out over the screen.

...continue.

:D

Nothing to add really.

Story did the rounds earlier in the year and I heard some contact was made more recently about 'investment' in Hearts.

On a personal note we shall soon see if VR is indeed losing interest in Hearts.

Not the plumber.

Two guys from London.

Same guys (i've no idea who they are) who were interested at the turn of the year?

Not the plumber.

Two guys from London.

I heard this last year from an Edinburgh businessman who had links with the club a good few years ago.

I assumed the deal had fallen through as they were rumoured to be taking over in the summer.

Nothing to add really.

Story did the rounds earlier in the year and I heard some contact was made more recently about 'investment' in Hearts.

If we are is such a poor situation, then hopefully there is someone out there.

Suppose we'll see in a couple of days.

BTW on Friday I would imagine tramps.net and the Weeg will have the rumours about the wages still not beig paid out early, so I expect meltdown on here:p

I heard this last year from an Edinburgh businessman who had links with the club a good few years ago.

I assumed the deal had fallen through as they were rumoured to be taking over in the summer.

Robert McGail and his London based Consortium was the story i heard.:eek:

Dougie Masterton
Same guys (i've no idea who they are) who were interested at the turn of the year?

Sorry forgot the quote.

No not the same guys

marshallschunkychicken

I spoke to him recently, and the impression I get is that he is well out of Hearts, and a return is nowhere near likely.

Jambof3tornado

Clearly there would be interest in buying out Vlad,I mean why wouldnt someone want to buy into the best club in scotland,but Vlad wont be forced into selling unless we unleash newcastle-esque type antics(and even that may not work) and I am far from ready to do that because I still reckon Romanov is the best man for our club right now.

Bring on the Arabs!!!:)

The same Robert McGrail who's Financial Adviser business when t!ts up?

Actually it's me

I'll be winning large on Euromillions this Friday

Maybe, regardless of opinion, we should all pledge to buy as many tickets as we can - just in case.

jamboinglasgow
Clearly there would be interest in buying out Vlad,I mean why wouldnt someone want to buy into the best club in scotland,but Vlad wont be forced into selling unless we unleash newcastle-esque type antics(and even that may not work) and I am far from ready to do that because I still reckon Romanov is the best man for our club right now.

Bring on the Arabs!!!:)

I agree with you that hearts are the best club to invest in, in Scotland. A team with an amazing history, a great academy and facilities, the possibilty of expansion for the stadium, a potentially huge support, passionate fans, the abilty with the right investment to challenege the old firm, have a manager already who looks perfect for the club. I think investors are a bit wary of the OF as there is too much baggage when you buy them, and almost a felling you have to be that side "minded" otherwise fans wont accept you.

I almost wonder if Vlad did a fergus McCann and made us suistanable and reinvestable would everyone be angry?

Maybe, regardless of opinion, we should all pledge to buy as many tickets as we can - just in case.

Not being funny, I think I'd much rather see Vlad in charge than many of those who frequent this message board...

Ssshhh, dammit. :biggrin:

Say What Again
As will Mike Ashley soon!

I think he may just have had his fill of owning a football club.

In fact, I don't understand why anyone would want to get involved with a football club.

Billy the Jambo

If Foulkes does know of people who are interested in buying out the mad one then why doesnt he arrange a couple meetings with them to see if they re still interested .The quicker that mad ******* and his lithuanian yes men are out of here the better for Hearts and supporters

When will the sad reality get to some people that there is not and never has been any local people with the cash to run the club? As a supporter and shareholder for many years I have seen this. I would love to be proven wrong but this is a time to not want a panic withdrawal and weird statement on behalf of "hearts and supporters"

The same Robert McGrail who's Financial Adviser business when t!ts up?

A Tactical move on his behalf he is simply restructuring his businesses.

Jambof3tornado
If Foulkes does know of people who are interested in buying out the mad one then why doesnt he arrange a couple meetings with them to see if they re still interested .The quicker that mad ******* and his lithuanian yes men are out of here the better for Hearts and supporters

There is still no evidence at all whatsoever catergorically that Vlad wants to now or in the near future sell up and leave,so any meetings would be pointless.

I spoke to him recently, and the impression I get is that he is well out of Hearts, and a return is nowhere near likely.

Source?

:laugh:

The mystery consortium, comprised of anonymous but very rich people with the clubs' best interests at heart, who are willing to invest millions, if only the current owner would go away, is a long standing tradition at Tynecastle. It never seems to actually put its money on the table.

I agree with you that hearts are the best club to invest in, in Scotland. A team with an amazing history, a great academy and facilities, the possibilty of expansion for the stadium, a potentially huge support, passionate fans, the abilty with the right investment to challenege the old firm, have a manager already who looks perfect for the club. I think investors are a bit wary of the OF as there is too much baggage when you buy them, and almost a felling you have to be that side "minded" otherwise fans wont accept you.

I almost wonder if Vlad did a fergus McCann and made us suistanable and reinvestable would everyone be angry?

Main stand not passing safety certificate, no realistic chance of regular champs league qualification, heavy investment needed in players, do not own our own training facilities, leased from herriot watt, costly stadium expansion needed to fulfil any sort of ambition. 'baggage' still in minority of support.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Main stand not passing safety certificate, no realistic chance of regular champs league qualification, heavy investment needed in players, do not own our own training facilities, leased from herriot watt, costly stadium expansion needed to fulfil any sort of ambition. 'baggage' still in minority of support.

Then What A Great Challenge There is For A New Investor to Come In And

Stamp There Mark on the Club and Take us Back to Our Right-ful Place

At the top of Scottish Football

If I Was Buying A Club this Would Be The Perfect Challenge

The Whole Point is to Turn it Around and Make The Project a Success

Nothing to add really.

Hopefully this IS the beginning of the end for the cancer that is within Hearts

Then What A Great Challenge There is For A New Investor to Come In And

Stamp There Mark on the Club and Take us Back to Our Right-ful Place

At the top of Scottish Football

If I Was Buying A Club this Would Be The Perfect Challenge

The Whole Point is to Turn it Around and Make The Project a Success

Crazy Use Of Capitals!

Dr Ian Malcolm
Not the plumber.

Two guys from London.

s7_rodney_del_01.jpg

All we'd hear is "This time next year....."