players not connecting with shots!

aitcheeayartees

aitcheeayartees

I am always amazed at the number of times when professional footballers fail to connect properly when a shooting opportunity arises.......... happened again a few times against ICT on sat. .......A nice bit of play......beat a few men........sight of goal.... then SKLAFFF......(you know the kind of thing that happens on the golf course when you think your getting the hang o it!)

I realise it happens to me because i dont practice enough but these guys are blootering a ball for a living for heavens sake!:rolleyes:

Saying that there are the times when it all clicks and something special happens.........What are your favourite non sklaff moments?

Austin McCann V Celtic for example?

Always thought that. It also annoys me.

Players are paid thousands a week and can't even leather a ball.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Kingstons shooting on Saturday was a joke.

How many times can you cut inside and role it along the ground to the opposition keeper?

Kingstons shooting on Saturday was a joke.

How many times can you cut inside and role it along the ground to the opposition keeper?

or be a greedy b******* and blast over the bar when passing it could have resulted in a goal.:rolleyes:

Kingston was awful for this on Saturday and it was especially annoying because he has a cracking shot. What is even more annoying is a professional football players lack of ability with their weaker foot. Chris Waddle was recently in 4-4-2 saying he became 2 footed by practicsing in the gym for 20 minutes a day for a month. If you are at training every day you should be using both feet and working hard on your weaker one. For a proffesional football player to be as one footed as someone like Palazelous and many others is simply criminal!!

Kingston was awful for this on Saturday and it was especially annoying because he has a cracking shot. What is even more annoying is a professional football players lack of ability with their weaker foot. Chris Waddle was recently in 4-4-2 saying he became 2 footed by practicsing in the gym for 20 minutes a day for a month. If you are at training every day you should be using both feet and working hard on your weaker one. For a proffesional football player to be as one footed as someone like Palazelous and many others is simply criminal!!

20 mins a day ...........pansy :P

There were stories in the old days of heavily one footed players being made to train with a slipper on one foot and a 'pit bit' on the other ( sure Willie Johnston spoke of similar gimmicks )

It really is shocking though, to see so many 'professionals' exhibiting such poor craftsmanship when using the tools of their trade

You would hope when they're getting paid ?4k plus a week that they could maybe put in a spot of o/t to learn their feckin trade eh ! :(

20 mins a day ...........pansy :P

There were stories in the old days of heavily one footed players being made to train with a slipper on one foot and a 'pit bit' on the other ( sure Willie Johnston spoke of similar gimmicks )

It really is shocking though, to see so many 'professionals' exhibiting such poor craftsmanship when using the tools of their trade

You would hope when they're getting paid ?4k plus a week that they could maybe put in a spot of o/t to learn their feckin trade eh ! :(

Agree entirely. Not as if we are asking a lot for a football played to be able to use both feet and hit a shot properly!

you wouldnt catch tiger woods shanking the ball.

Tiger woods isnt running, got a moving object to hit, seconds to react to it. Tiger woods gets to have a few practise swings nor does he not have anyone try and hit the ball away from him.

alwaysthereinspirit
Tiger woods isnt running, got a moving object to hit, seconds to react to it. Tiger woods gets to have a few practise swings nor does he not have anyone try and hit the ball away from him.

He's still the best we'll ever see. You make it sound so easy that it's weird no other golfer comes close to him.

Not ragging on you by the way.

I am always amazed at the number of times when professional footballers fail to connect properly when a shooting opportunity arises.......... happened again a few times against ICT on sat. .......A nice bit of play......beat a few men........sight of goal.... then SKLAFFF......(you know the kind of thing that happens on the golf course when you think your getting the hang o it!)

I realise it happens to me because i dont practice enough but these guys are blootering a ball for a living for heavens sake!:rolleyes:

Saying that there are the times when it all clicks and something special happens.........What are your favourite non sklaff moments?

off topic,but how true is that :P

how much more fun would golf be to watch if these sort of thing where to happen:p

jamboinglasgow

Also while all that is going on they have to hit the ball with the exact correct bit of their foot, to far over will force the ball to go in a complete different direction. Nearly all footballers will make kicks which will go the complete wrong place. The best footballers in the world make the mistake less but they are great due to when they hit it they can put it where they want with the sweetest touch.

scott herbertson

Jim Brown vs Leipzig at Tynie

Have to agree with the OP. At halftime when you watch pros kicking a ball around it is amazing how many of them seem to be trying purposely to slice the ball. Maybe better players than me can explain the reasons for this?

We_are_the_Hearts

It's down to technique and composure. A lot of our players are lacking it. MIKO probably has the best composure and technique in the team.

It's down to technique and composure. A lot of our players are lacking it. MIKO probably has the best composure and technique in the team.

That period where Rudi was belting the cover off the ball was the best I've seen from a Hearts player. Full of confidence and convinced about his technique.

We_are_the_Hearts
That period where Rudi was belting the cover off the ball was the best I've seen from a Hearts player. Full of confidence and convinced about his technique.

Couldn't agree more:thumb:

Its a lot harder to connect with a golf ball especially with the precision he has than it is to hit a football hard and on target.

Watch some of the players during the warm ups, even then they are toiling to hit decent shots.

Archived