Daily Record lays into Csaba Laszlo

David McCaig

So Ralston was correct when he questioned Csaba's view on the match ?

If you carefully read through the thread you will see that I contrasted Ralston's ability to differentiate Csaba's exaggeration with that of, say, Strachan. They all do it, it is part of the post-match entertainment. A weekend wouldn't be the same without SAF's or Wenger's view of their games from their (usually flawed) perspective.

So, yes, Ralston can question Csaba's view of the match (as can anyone else). Where I and, if I understand them correctly, other posters take exception is that Ralston singles out Csaba for criticism for his comments and, incidetally, on his antics during the game.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A manager lies about his teams performance during an interview, pass me the smelling salts I am going to faint:eek:

seriously most managers would argue that unless the players have a dreadful performance criticising them infront of the press is hardly best practice. It is very humiliating and may make their confidence too low. As long as Csaba tells the players in the changing room after the game and reinforces the view on the training fields before the next game I do not have a problem even if he claimed in an interview that the players were greek gods when in fact they played pretty average.

I remember after our first game of the season, McGhee claimed in his interview after the game that Well should not have won when I viewed from that match that hearts were the better team. All managers do it, doesn't mean they really believe that.

Eggsactly. Csaba has already been quite clear about his plan of attack in terms of teambuilding over the first half of the season. He considers his role to be every bit as much about building the confidence of the players (and of the fans too, bless...) as about the footballing side of things. And I like that approach, he looks at the bigger picture...he's addressing the array of things that come together to make or break a team and a performance.

When managers criticise players in the media, people are understandably surprised because it's seen to be a bit of a last resort and usually indicates a very unhappy manager indeed. I wouldn't want to see that happen at Tynecastle - not when things are progressing nicely under a more gentle form of guidance anyway. Csaba isn't that sort of manager and I'd defend his right to defend the players too. Moreover, I expect it from him.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Not when his questioning involved the use of the following words and phrases:

disingenuous

disrespectful

Hearts fans will be so easily patronised

over-the-top gesturing

need to artificially emote

embarrassing show-reel

cloak of melodrama

honesty, a character trait Laszlo himself would do well to emulate

undermining the good work he has been doing to date

Laszlo's pantomime of faux passion

All this in response to a manager over-egging the performance of his side in a game they won.

How does this clown know what "the majority" of Hearts fans are thinking.

A very unexpected,unwarranted,disappointing and pathetically attention seeking load of rubbish. We are doing him a favour even discussing it.

Between him and Csaba, I know who I would rather be in a room listening to.

It may have been a poor game, but Hearts won, which is better than being brilliant and losing. If you look at Brewster's Q&A, he admits that he was frustrated with Hearts' tactics. In other words, we were not tactically naive as we were before. Remember the 2-3 game last season?

Previously, Hearts managers have been ridiculed for having no passion, now we have one with too much. So what if he doesn't pander to their "searching" questions.

Does he expect Csaba to say " yep, we are in big financial trouble and the players are banging on my door to ask where their dosh is".

The sad thing is, there are probably Hearts fans out there who are eager to join in with this trumpet because they prefer to appear perceptive and aware of something that the rest of us are too dim to notice.

I tried to find details of Gary Ralston on the ******'s website.

I looked under "Services and Tools". Nothing under "Services" but I am sure he'd be listed under Tools. :)

If you carefully read through the thread you will see that I contrasted Ralston's ability to differentiate Csaba's exaggeration with that of, say, Strachan. They all do it, it is part of the post-match entertainment. A weekend wouldn't be the same without SAF's or Wenger's view of their games from their (usually flawed) perspective.

So, yes, Ralston can question Csaba's view of the match (as can anyone else). Where I and, if I understand them correctly, other posters take exception is that Ralston singles out Csaba for criticism for his comments and, incidetally, on his antics during the game.

Not when his questioning involved the use of the following words and phrases:

disingenuous

disrespectful

Hearts fans will be so easily patronised

over-the-top gesturing

need to artificially emote

embarrassing show-reel

cloak of melodrama

honesty, a character trait Laszlo himself would do well to emulate

undermining the good work he has been doing to date

Laszlo's pantomime of faux passion

All this in response to a manager over-egging the performance of his side in a game they won.

I did say he was only right in questioning Csaba's view on the match.

The rest I skimmed over without paying much attention.

We've made a rod for our own back with the media - I don't expect any 'nice' articles anymore.

Afternoon Gary

It must be catching.

Supposed Match Report in the Daily Express this morning, written by some clown Ally Guthrie, it was more a personal attack on Shabba and how he now wears maroon tinted glasses - isn't that shocking our for a Hearts Manager!!

Couldn't find a link sorry.

I know, it's quite bizarre. I can see the point of near exact same articles in in the Star/Express as sister papers with same journalists, but for 2 rival papers to have the same (vitriolic) articles beggars belief!!!!!!

We know we weren't brilliant on Saturday, but we also know managers publicly back their players unless they are really awful.

Just have to wonder what the headlines and srticle content would have been with a similar performance and result with Frail in charge.

Bet you not the same.

Reads like a personal attack on Shabba.

The Daily Record is the printed version of footballrumours.com and I'd be stunned if any Hearts fan ever believed a word of their stories or gave them the 30p for a copy.

This guy Ralston sounds like a bitter, bitter man.

Was about to say the same after reading it however as you've already said it...... I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE ;)

The Old Tolbooth

Who cares what a desperate for cash reporter has invented and printed in a vile weedgie rag?

I'm more concerned that Csaba thinks that performance on Saturday was "the best yet", now thats a shocker!

This article is an absolute disgrace. Most managers always talk up their team, unless the performance is awful, probably to help boost moral and keep it high after a win that was more difficult than it should be. Strachan is an expert at it. Also remember, Stevie Frail often talked up the team - the difference was, he done it after defeats.

With regards to the antics, he is not the first, the papers loved it when O'Neill done it saying it shows passion, so why when Csaba does it, does it mean he is a faker - shocking.

The Daily Record is losing readers, and the day it becomes defunct should be a day of rejoice, as most of the journalists working for it, hopefully will never get a journalism job again.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder why he felt the need to make it so personal? CL does get a little carried away but is he doing any harm? No.

Ralston if you read this get yourself a life and a new job you're not cut out to be using the English language. All you've done is underline and confirm what a dreadful excuse for a journalist you are and what a truly awful newspaper (using that term as loosely as it can be applied) you scribble for.

Chad Sexington
Who cares what a desperate for cash reporter has invented and printed in a vile weedgie rag?

I'm more concerned that Csaba thinks that performance on Saturday was "the best yet", now thats a shocker!

The problem is John that a lot of people, deeply stupid people, take the word of these rags for gospel.

The Daily Record is losing readers, and the day it becomes defunct should be a day of rejoice, as most of the journalists working for it, hopefully will never get a journalism job again.

Agreed.

That's not the part that p***ed me off - it was more the that he stated that his touchline antics were faked. Many times.

That aside, why is he not giving any of the other managers grief for trying to instill some confidence in their players with positive comments?

Have you ever listened to a post match interview before? Christ...

The Old Tolbooth
The problem is John that a lot of people, deeply stupid people, take the word of these rags for gospel.

You've just called a majority of the posters on this thread deeply stupid :P

I wonder why he felt the need to make it so personal? CL does get a little carried away but is he doing any harm? No.

Said as much earlier in the thread. Don't understand why the personal remarks.

I don't think that Laszlo's clowning does us any good - it reminds me of the Ivanauskas shows of 'passion' that some liked so much. And Laszlo was clearly wrong on his comments on the game. But those factors aren't really a reason to have a go at the manager.

What do you expect from a Daily Ranger. Any team which looks like it could harm the old firm the knifes get drawn to discredit the team. Romanov may rant and talk and lot of rubbish but he's correct about the scottish mafia.

I'm sure most of us can remember some of the 'states' Jim Jefferies used to get into !:) Also used to love some of his 'Post-match' interviews after we got well and truly 'humped.' Jim hardly ever gave the other team any credit for beating us, and usually had a few excuses why we were beaten.:P

That's what managers do. Get a grip ralston!

Have you ever listened to a post match interview before? Christ...

Yes I have.

Someone earlier mentioned Mark McGhee's comments on the opening day of the season.

I thought he was talking out his backside when he said 'Well deserved something from that match.

I'm now saying Csaba is talking out his backside when he says ICT had no chances to score.

Yes I have.

Someone earlier mentioned Mark McGhee's comments on the opening day of the season.

I thought he was talking out his backside when he said 'Well deserved something from that match.

Exactly, it happens in almost every single post-match interview. With the exception of when teams are completed trounced, managers will generally defend/talk-up their players to the hilt.

Every week Fergie does it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7626685.stm

However, this is first time I have ever seen an entire MATCH REPORT based on how a manager has talked up his team after a mediocre performance. And this happened after a game that we WON!

I see nothing wrong with Csaba continuing to try and install some belief and togetherness in a team that, last season, looked like one of the most uninspired starting 11s I have ever seen at Tynecastle.

Even if it means a wee white lie now and again.

Chad Sexington
Exactly, it happens in almost every single post-match interview. With the exception of when teams are completed trounced, managers will generally defend/talk-up their players to the hilt.

However, this is first time I have ever seen an entire MATCH REPORT based on how a manager has talked up his team after a mediocre performance. And this happened after a game that we WON!

I see nothing wrong with Csaba continuing to try and install some belief and togetherness in a team that, last season, looked like one of the most uninspired starting 11s I have ever seen at Tynecastle.

Spot on.

The bottom line is that the whole article is written with an agenda to discredit Csaba and Hearts.

It's pathetic.

Said as much earlier in the thread. Don't understand why the personal remarks.

I don't think that Laszlo's clowning does us any good - it reminds me of the Ivanauskas shows of 'passion' that some liked so much. And Laszlo was clearly wrong on his comments on the game. But those factors aren't really a reason to have a go at the manager.

Then there was Frail hiding in the dugout and his totally depressed interviews where he talked about how he was learning the job and everyone was trying really hard even though they patently weren't and Mikey Stewart and Nade have since confirmed it etc. Hell, whilst we mention Frail, he used to big up Elliot all the time - surely Ralston would have seen through those hyperbolic antics?

I notice Harry Redknapp didn't try it, but then perhaps some posters on this thread would prefer a 6-0 horsing so that our manager would be shamed into honesty and Ralston could gleefully go for a different angle...

The report was just bizarre. Seems like Csaba's gone from "a breath of fresh air" to a melodramatic faker in the space of a couple of months. Not really worth getting worked up over, Ralston's an inbreed anyway and has weird teeth.

On the contrary, Mark McGhee absolutely ripped into his players yesterday for basically 'laying down' to Rangers and how it was the worst performance from one of his teams he'd ever seen, when the highlights showed they had a good number of chances.

Setanta then cut to Stephen Craigan in the studio who disputed what McGhee said, but claimed 'he was entitled to his opinion'.

Much better. And just watch the price of the seats around the dugouts increase for next year, too. Hehe. The club like to maximise on these things...

Actually, I must arrange an ST swap and get myself down to the front of the Main Stand or across to the Wheatfield for a game or two. I can't really see Csaba all that well from where I sit and it sounds like I'm missing some brilliant entertainment.

McGhee was nowhere near that angry when they lost to the Dhims. :mad: He's a snhake in the grass if you ask me.

Yhes yhes blah de blah not rhelevant rhight nhow.

ToadKiller Dog

Rather have Csabas "clowning " i call it enthusiasm than say a mixu,hughes or strachan kind that gets them send to the stand on a regular basis .

the simple fact the players or most of them are responding to him ,i defend csabas right to jump up and down as much as he wants ,if it is a big fake as that arshole from the ****** and sadly one or two on hear hope for ,he will soon be found out.

To be honest I agree with his match analysis and he is right in questioning Csaba's thoughts that Caley didnt create any chances.

However it is odd that he is strongly attacking Csaba. But like all of us he is entitled to his opinion.

To be honest I agree with his match analysis and he is right in questioning Csaba's thoughts that Caley didnt create any chances.

However it is odd that he is strongly attacking Csaba. But like all of us he is entitled to his opinion.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but nobody has the right to be downright offensive or rude when expressing it.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but nobody has the right to be downright offensive or rude when expressing it.

Like calling people Monkeys ?

:)

It must be catching.

Supposed Match Report in the Daily Express this morning, written by some clown Ally Guthrie, it was more a personal attack on Shabba and how he now wears maroon tinted glasses - isn't that shocking our for a Hearts Manager!!

Couldn't find a link sorry.

'Saul Mikoliunas remarkably stayed on his feet to roll a ball from Audrius Ksanavicius past the stranded Michael Fraser'

Is how that clown reported our goal.

Archived