Daily Record lays into Csaba Laszlo

David McCaig

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary if you're reading this (and I'm sure you are) wouldn't it be nice if you could grow up a bit and write match reports instead of tedious diatribes aimed solely at discrediting the Hearts manager.

It appears now that Csaba Laszlo isn't in fact an enthusiastic manager at all. Just someone who is performing to the fans to hide the deeper flaws at Tynecastle. What a complete crock.

So how is one manager being animated and enthusiastic about his team embarrassing yet Martin O'Neill was merely a lively character with his touchline antics?

How is one manager being a bit entertaining in his post match interview disrespectful yet Gordon Strachan is apparently hugely entertaining with his small minded jokes and lack of answers?

Perhaps if you were a better journalist you may be allowed to report on the OF games and then we could be spared your regular bile that is becoming more petty as the weeks go by.

Anyone know this guy's email address?

I'd be angry but I think I'm more amused than anything else. That was officially one of the worst, ill-considered (and most inaccurate) pieces of sport journalism I have ever had the misfortune to read.

Smacks of someone trying desperately to be controversial or to find a new angle on something already covered a zillion times. Nice try Fido, I hope Csaba bites you next time you meet.

Amazing, accusing Csaba of being dishonest because he's 'faking' his enthusiasm on the touchline. What an absolute fandan!

If he had taken the time to speak with Csaba for more than 5 minutes he would be well aware that his passion for football is huge and he talks about it non stop and the way he acts on the touchline is just a manifestation of that.

I'd much rather the Csaba show in the dug out on a Saturday than bloody Rix and his cup of tea!

jamboinglasgow

you could feel the venom that the reporter has for Csaba in that article. What is wrong with a manager being quite lively in the dug out? And a manager saying nothing bad about his team, really what a rare thing, surely they all give the honest truth over the camera.

I like times like this when they are doing over the top anti-hearts journalism which doesn't feel like they are laughing at us, because it means they are getting worried by us.

Reads like a personal attack on Shabba.

The Daily Record is the printed version of footballrumours.com and I'd be stunned if any Hearts fan ever believed a word of their stories or gave them the 30p for a copy.

This guy Ralston sounds like a bitter, bitter man.

Anyone know this guy's email address?

I'd be angry but I think I'm more amused than anything else. That was officially one of the worst, ill-considered (and most inaccurate) pieces of sport journalism I have ever had the misfortune to read.

Smacks of someone trying desperately to be controversial or to find a new angle on something already covered a zillion times. Nice try Fido, I hope Csaba bites you next time you meet.

Apart from every other article in the Daily ****** ever you mean?

Apart from every other article in the Daily ****** ever you mean?

Well, yes...I suppose so.... :biggrin:

But I think this is by far the worst. Not even Jackson managed to write something quite this pathetic, and that's saying something.

Welcome to Scottish football, Csaba.

Guest GhostHunter

I wonder upon reading that, if Shabba has pumped Ralston's wife...it certainly smacks of personal stuff - and very clearly, unwarranted...

Yet a few pages later there is match report on the Aston Villa game that starts of talking about Martin O'Neill falling over as he was so over excited. Apparently that's OK because of his "manic touchline intensity"

It must be catching.

Supposed Match Report in the Daily Express this morning, written by some clown Ally Guthrie, it was more a personal attack on Shabba and how he now wears maroon tinted glasses - isn't that shocking our for a Hearts Manager!!

Couldn't find a link sorry.

Unbelievably negative article from Gary Ralston in todays Daily Record.

Once again, as soon as we start to improve the anti-Hearts rants start.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/2008/09/22/hearts-1-0-inverness-86908-20748077/

I think that is a pretty accurate take on the actual game on Saturday.

But whether Laszlo's clowning is for effect or not I don't know and those comments from the journalist were probably unnecessary.

jamboinglasgow
Welcome to Scottish football, Csaba.

I would say to Csaba consider everytime these kind of articles come out that your doing really well and as Corporal Jones say "They dont like it up 'em"

Best thing is to not read the papers and keeping talking in press conferences so they cant ask their stupid questions.

I think that is a pretty accurate take on the actual game on Saturday.

But whether Laszlo's clowning is for effect or not I don't know and those comments from the journalist were probably unnecessary.

The bits on the match are quite accurate but I wonder why he has had a go at the manager.

This guy does not have a clue.

MS had a pretty poor game by his usual standards this season so far, but this West coast stroker gives him man of the match and an 8 out of 10. Aye ok then.

This guy does not have a clue.

MS had a pretty poor game by his usual standards this season so far, but this West coast stroker gives him man of the match and an 8 out of 10. Aye ok then.

Thought Stewart was head and shoulders above the other outfield Hearts players yet again. Def my MOTM.

The bits on the match are quite accurate but I wonder why he has had a go at the manager.

It is very personal stuff.

I am not a fan of the manager jumping around in the dug out. I don't see how it would do any good - and he is right about the effects on some of our younger players. But the stuff in the article seems to go beyond that.

Perhaps the Record are once again concerned that we will split the OF?:rolleyes:

marshallschunkychicken
He also talks on behalf of Hearts fans. Who does he think he is?

That's what really annoys me about the whole thing.

We're not on your side Ralston, you chopper.

I think we'd all agree Csaba tends to put a positive light on things, and that will no-doubt begin to rankle with some of the manic depressives on here before too long too. Looks like this "journalist" has got a jump on them though...

Cleary he did not enjoy the game and had little to write about it so filled his bit of space with some bitching at Mr Loverman.

I think we'd all agree Csaba tends to put a positive light on things, and that will no-doubt begin to rankle with some of the manic depressives on here before too long too. Looks like this "journalist" has got a jump on them though...

Cleary he did not enjoy the game and had little to write about it so filled his bit of space with some bitching at Mr Loverman.

There is putting a positive spin on things and there is suggesting that Kello did not have any saves to make. I'd like more honesty from the club (at all levels).

Must admit his take on the match was pretty fair. However I do not know where he is coming from with his venomous attack on Csaba. Where does he get the fact that the players are losing respect for him from?

Amazing!

One thing Ralston did get right......

Csaba's view on the match was a load of nonsense.

As for his claims that he knew nothing about the players not getting paid on time - more nonsense.

That's what really annoys me about the whole thing.

We're not on your side Ralston, you chopper.

Exactly. But he does it two or three times which suggests to me that it's absolutely 110% intentional. He's definitely trying to wind up Hearts fans and he's not even trying to hide it. What a plum.

Dunno if he's trying to get a name for himself or whatnot...maybe he's jealous of the attention Keith Jackson gets...but his agenda is so obvious that it's just cringeworthy. Find weak spot, i.e. new manager that most people like very much, and then lay into him personally using particularly unfair and spiteful claims. Hey presto.

Did it work? Nah Gary, you just made yourself look more than a wee bit silly.

One thing Ralston did get right......

Csaba's view on the match was a load of nonsense.

As for his claims that he knew nothing about the players not getting paid on time - more nonsense.

What about the stuff he got wrong?

Your thoughts please.... :P

Chad Sexington

What a pathetic jerk Ralston is.

A totally unwarranted personal attack.

And how dare he profess to speak for me or any other Hearts fan?

I hate the west coast media with a passion and any Hearts fan who buys trash like the Record should remember they are paying Ralston's wages.

marshallschunkychicken
Is he equally scathing of Strachan when his view of reality diverges from that of the press pack? Doubt it.

Or Calderwood, when he feels his side dominated games in which they were absolutely demolished?

What about the stuff he got wrong?

Your thoughts please.... :P

He gave the team 10/10 for tactical discipline.

I thought we were all the place definsively for a period in the second half plus it was clear to me that having Mole up-front on his own was completely ineffective.

Unless this was his plan - which if it is......god help us !!

On top of that he went on to say that ICT had no chances on goal yet IIRC Kello made a couple of excellent saves.

:)

Guest GhostHunter

I expect, JJ, CL, Big Gus, Mixpoo Putalineon ALL to get a slating in the coming weeks from Ralston...

Lazlo really isn't all that different from ANY of the other coaches out there...

Oh wait, except for one thing.

He's at Hearts.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I thought we were all the place definsively for a period in the second half plus it was clear to me that having Mole up-front on his own was completely ineffective.

On top of that he went on to say that ICT had no chances on goal yet IIRC Kello made a couple of excellent saves.

Manager talks up his team.

Pope "quite keen" on Catholicism

Bear thinks about sh*tting in a field but decides instead to head for the woods

I expect, JJ, CL, Big Gus, Mixpoo Putalineon ALL to get a slating in the coming weeks from Ralston...

Lazlo really isn't all that different from ANY of the other coaches out there...

Oh wait, except for one thing.

He's at Hearts.

What do you mean ?

Manager talks up his team.

Pope "quite keen" on Catholicism

Bear thinks about sh*tting in a field but decides instead to head for the woods

As I said....

Ralston did get one thing right.

Guest GhostHunter
What do you mean ?

In a moment of "On Topicness" - I replied without explaining...

As in, all other coaches are highly animated at time during a game - so why is the Hearts coach the one who's being slated in the Daily Hun ?

:D

Sorry for the vague on-topicness of my earlier post :P

Geoff Kilpatrick

Csaba hasn't lived up to the puppet stereotype that they hoped to pigeon hole him into.

Ergo, time for a new line of approach.

Why, I don't know. Hopefully the ******'s sales continue to plummet.

Are we not all Hearts supporters?

Should we not all be defending our gaffer, 100%?

Or do many fans stul suffer from the desire to unearth problems to be the first to 'out' a new rpoblem with Vlads mad regime even if it means going looking for them and being hugely negative about the team they are supposed to support?

Are we not all Hearts supporters?

Should we not all be defending our gaffer, 100%?

Or do many fans stul suffer from the desire to unearth problems to be the first to 'out' a new rpoblem with Vlads mad regime even if it means going looking for them and being hugely negative about the team they are supposed to support?

Defend him for talking rubbish ?

This is what many Hearts supporters were doing when VR opened his mouth and let his belly rumble.

I prefere just calling it how I see rather than defend something that is wrong.

Csaba's view on the game was wrong imo and I see nothing wrong in saying so.

jamboinglasgow

This is what many Hearts supporters were doing when VR opened his mouth and let his belly rumble.

A manager lies about his teams performance during an interview, pass me the smelling salts I am going to faint:eek:

seriously most managers would argue that unless the players have a dreadful performance criticising them infront of the press is hardly best practice. It is very humiliating and may make their confidence too low. As long as Csaba tells the players in the changing room after the game and reinforces the view on the training fields before the next game I do not have a problem even if he claimed in an interview that the players were greek gods when in fact they played pretty average.

I remember after our first game of the season, McGhee claimed in his interview after the game that Well should not have won when I viewed from that match that hearts were the better team. All managers do it, doesn't mean they really believe that.

I am quite happy to be proved wrong here but I was under the impression that Post Match interviews were not carried out under Court Rules. So, at worst, Csaba may have engaged in a little exaggeration or hyperbole; it is hardly contempt of court.

The ****** reporter is clearly intent on stirring things and is best ignored.

A manager lies about his teams performance during an interview, pass me the smelling salts I am going to faint:eek:

seriously most managers would argue that unless the players have a dreadful performance criticising them infront of the press is hardly best practice. It is very humiliating and may make their confidence too low. As long as Csaba tells the players in the changing room after the game and reinforces the view on the training fields before the next game I do not have a problem even if he claimed in an interview that the players were greek gods when in fact they played pretty average.

I remember after our first game of the season, McGhee claimed in his interview after the game that Well should not have won when I viewed from that match that hearts were the better team. All managers do it, doesn't mean they really believe that.

I am quite happy to be proved wrong here but I was under the impression that Post Match interviews were not carried out under Court Rules. So, at worst, Csaba may have engaged in a little exaggeration or hyperbole; it is hardly contempt of court.

The ****** reporter is clearly intent on stirring things and is best ignored.

So Ralston was correct when he questioned Csaba's view on the match ?

Progress! Well, sort of anyway.

I give up. :laugh:

TBF Jim Jefferies has done this for years since his days with Falkirk but I cant really remember him getting a hard time like this because of it.

You can question what Csaba said but there are better ways of doing it without sounding like a total bitter ***** who can barely write without a set of Crayola's in front of him.

jamboinglasgow
So Ralston was correct when he questioned Csaba's view on the match ?

well in a way yes, but then Ralston should say that about all managers he has ever interviewed. To criticise a manager because how they give a post-match interview is a pretty rubbish complaint to be honest, critisicse the on-field tactics, team selection, morale etc but how they answer post match questions is nothing in the way of critiscism.

Archived