4-5-1 GTF!!

H.A.N.S

We have exactly the same format as we have had since Chernenkov came in.

2 lightweight wingers (perm 2 from Miko, Driver, Kingston, Chesney), 1 lightweight winger playing in the 'hole (perm 1 from Kingston/Ksnavicius), 1 overworked striker running into the corners (this year Mole) and 2 overworked central midfield players in Karipidis and the player on who we depend to a ridiculous degree at the moment in Stewart. The formation of the team has not changed at all since Laszlo came in.

Same again today! :mad:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know where this belief comes from that we are playing with one up front. As far as I can see we are playing with nobody up front. Mole spends most of his time out wide and as I said last week a plank planted into the penalty spot would score more goals than him. 2 strikers up top, then maybe just maybe we'll look like scoring.

I don't know where this belief comes from that we are playing with one up front. As far as I can see we are playing with nobody up front. Mole spends most of his time out wide and as I said last week a plank planted into the penalty spot would score more goals than him. 2 strikers up top, then maybe just maybe we'll look like scoring.

I think that the real problem is the 2nd striker.

So far this season we've played Kingston, Ksnavicius and Obua there. All of them were awful in that position.

Last year we played Kingston, Ksnavicius, Stewart and Elliot in that position. All were awful there.

Our forwards scored more goals last year because Velicka was a selfish player, did little running or team work but was able to skelp the ball at goal. Mole is doing a lot more team work, but is not as selfish as Velicka so scores fewer goals.

When is the Lithuanian window? Ksnavicius should return to Kaunas as soon as possible.

4-4-1-1 is just a more modern way of playing 4-4-2- more continental, just like 4-5-1 is a modern version of 4-3-3.

They look different on paper but that's it.

There's nothing wrong with playing 4-4-1-1.

The problem is simple. Mole is playing as the target man, when he's far more suited to the support striker/link player/run the channels position.

Ksanavicius is playing the support striker role when in fact he should be serving drinks in a dodgy Latvian strip club.

4-5-1 remains a disgrace.

We don't play that though.

We have 4 at the back, 4 in the middle and 2 (1-1) up front.

If you watched the games, you'd see Ksanavicius (or whoever gets played there) runs back to on front of our own midfield only when we don't have the ball, when we are attacking he clearly plays alongside the other striker.

It's like the 4-5-1 v 4-3-3 arguement, When that formation gets played (and lets be honest here, it is the same formation, 4-5-1 when defending, 4-3-3 when attacking) it's the negative people that say it's 4-5-1 and the positive people that say it is 4-3-3. It is the same here, I can tell from your arguement you have very negative feelings towards the footballing side to Hearts at the moment, but it is up to you how you want to think about things.

Would you like some more straws to clutch at?

You have clearly dropped all of yours.

We have made a pretty solid start to the season with a 4-5-1 formation and Mole was not sitting as deep as Ksnavecius - he was however playing with his back to goal which he is not good enough to do.

Its the strikers that are the problem not the formation.

Tucks where are the wins now?

Also be good if Matt appeared.

Yet you are close to tears after winning 1-0 against ICT, sitting second in the league and keeping our first clean sheet of the season!

It really does make you think....

As for a derby loss or an old firm hammering.......well you will just have take my word for it that it wont be me.

Tucks????

Joke formation = three points today :rolleyes:

Matt you been to the last two games? Warned you we'd get found out.

Clearly, you havent got a clue about football. The drawback of the 4-5-1 system is that its pretty defensive and thus a)isnt pretty to watch B) means you dont score many goals. However, it means you dont conceed many.

This playing with 10 men malarky is a load of rubbish. the lone striker stays on the halfway line for corners etc meaning that the opposition have to keep 2 defensive players back. so its not like you are suddenly outnumbered. I rather suspect you were one of those booing when we were knocking the ball round the defence when we were 1-0 up. Its shocking how many people clearly have no idea about football. Retaining posession while in the lead is very good. Its what the Italians have done for years.

Can you come out of hiding too? Been to the last two games?

• 2 weeks later...
Joke formation. For another home game against the likes of I.C.T to play with one forward and the midget "in the hole" is laughable. We should be coming out and beating teams like this comfortably 2 or 3-0. Not sitting on the edge of our seats contemplating an equaliser. Wallace is horrendoud, Berra marginally better and Kingston saunters about without any urgency at all. Jonnson is going to be a great right back in the future too.

"Management" may change but this farcical formation remains.

Coincidence?

Burley plays 4-5-1. :)

he didn't when he was manager at tynecastle and when we were destroying teams

Hearts fans are backing Burley for playing 4-5-1 at home to Norway yet criticising Csaba for playing 4-5-1 with Hearts.

Why can't they give the same support to our team as they do to the doe a deer brigade?

Guest jambomickey
Hearts fans are backing Burley for playing 4-5-1 at home to Norway yet criticising Csaba for playing 4-5-1 with Hearts.

Why can't they give the same support to our team as they do to the doe a deer brigade?

not me mate! i was there on saturday and i'll never accept boring negative 4-5-1, csaba needs to be more positive and play players in there natural positions

Burley has the players to play 4-5-1 and get a result. Csaba's 4-5-1 is mind boggling with defenders in midfields, people who are useless getting starting slots and the lone striker's scoring record shocking to be honest.

Burley plays 4-5-1. :)

I think that Laszlo and VR should have a look at the Glorious video.

The Burley Hearts side was the sort of flowing football, fluid formation that they would both surely like.

A great goalkeeper.

A defence which worked very well together with 2 full backs who offered energy and ability going forward.

Rather than a centre half, the best defensive midfielder I've seen at Hearts breaking up the play, making the simple passes to start attacks and covering for the full backs. Coupled with a midfielder who was able to get past the strikers.

Two wide midfielders - one a true gem in Skacel and the other place the last remaining position in the Burley side.

One striker who regularly dropped back into the hole to collect the ball and move the defenders around. A hole player who was not knocked off the ball.

And a striker who had the pace and aggression to run into the channels or off the last defender.

It was nominally a 4-4-2, but in the games it morphed into a brilliant 4-1-3-1-1 (or 4-5-1)!

So it is the players then Coco and not the formation as you illustrated above.

Yes our current players and management system are not up to scratch.

The Mighty Thor
So it is the players then Coco and not the formation as you illustrated above.

On paper any formation looks great.

Start filling the slots of that formation with the crap that we regularly deploy and suddenly your great formation looks pretty poor. Couple that poor personnel with a rigid mindset and inflexible (clueless) management and you have a team that can be unlocked and beaten fairly easily by teams of a lesser quality.

We just call it Hearts FC for short.

Archived