4-5-1 GTF!!

H.A.N.S

Joke formation. For another home game against the likes of I.C.T to play with one forward and the midget "in the hole" is laughable. We should be coming out and beating teams like this comfortably 2 or 3-0. Not sitting on the edge of our seats contemplating an equaliser. Wallace is horrendoud, Berra marginally better and Kingston saunters about without any urgency at all. Jonnson is going to be a great right back in the future too.

"Management" may change but this farcical formation remains.

Coincidence?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joke formation = three points today :rolleyes:

We scraped a 1-0 win over I.C.T at home

Any half decent team would have slaughtered us today

When you're not in the hood do you sit in section g by any chance. I had the misfortune of sitting near someone with the same opinions as you.

I'll take 4-5-1 and one nil wins til the cows come home.

I disagree.

ICT are a half decent team.

*please delete where appropriate

Are you quivering/shaking/spontaneously-combusting with rage?

When you're not in the hood do you sit in section g by any chance. I had the misfortune of sitting near someone with the same opinions as you.

I'll take 4-5-1 and one nil wins til the cows come home.

No section N.

I would take 1 nil wins til the cows come home too but reality is this formation will get seriously exploited against better sides, like it was last season.

I like csaba, i think he's trying his best. But.. its bad enough playing 1 guy upfront, but when yer playing one rotten guy upfront? wheres the sense in it?

I could see if we had henrikk larrson but no, we've got some guy called mole who is obviously as blind as a mole when it comes to seeing the goal.

Maybe Csaba's tactics are.. get it to mole... he'l hold it up and allow time for the frickin defenders to get up the park and score. Only problem with that is ... mole cannae hold the ball up!!!

I really don't think it would be any better if we played 4-4-2.The problem is we do not have two forward players that can seem to link together.When Nade and Mole were on both of them just drifted out wide on either side.If anything Nade coming on made things look worse.

Son Of Anarchy

Its 4 4 1 1 but i agree its no good. Yes we won but just ffs. Any good side would have done us today but a wins a win. Agree also,laryea needs dropped til he shows what hes capable of again.Audreys a waste of space and should be kicked out for good. Moles never gonna get the supply he needs cos he sits too deep in the formation. Nade and Glen should have started today to see what they can do.All our goals are coming from midfield which is fine but what when they dry up???? Our strikers are gash when playing this formation. Mikey was great as usual tho,thot it was risky hooking at the end.

Guest jambomickey
I like csaba, i think he's trying his best. But.. its bad enough playing 1 guy upfront, but when yer playing one rotten guy upfront? wheres the sense in it?

I could see if we had henrikk larrson but no, we've got some guy called mole who is obviously as blind as a mole when it comes to seeing the goal.

your being harsh on jamie mole mate! that young lad runs himself into the ground and it's not his fault he's being asked to play as a lone striker

Said the same to my mate today.

If we play like that at the back against the likes of Celtic or rangers they will tear us a new ersehole.

At no point were we 4-4-2 today

Fact

Obviously you turned away when Nade came on??

That was as close as you are going to get to 4-4-2 and it was actually less effective having 2 strikers on the park.

Perhaps they are the wrong strikers to have but thats how it goes.

4-5-1 has achieved 12 points out of a possible 18.

Not to bad if you ask me.

Susie-Jambo-66

We are playing 2 up front.

Ask Laszlo and he will tell you this.

In his opinion we are playing 2 up.

He will tell you just because they are not playing side by side it does not mean he is not playing 2 up.

Source: Csaba Laszlo

Obviously you turned away when Nade came on??

That was as close as you are going to get to 4-4-2 and it was actually less effective having 2 strikers on the park.

Perhaps they are the wrong strikers to have but thats how it goes.

4-5-1 has achieved 12 points out of a possible 18.

Not to bad if you ask me.

Think if you were paying attention you'd have noticed Mole dropped into midfield/the hole.

When the big games come up for us: Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd let's see how many point your 4-5-1 gets us then.

From this 12 points you talk about we took 3 off Motherwell which was a good 3 to get but the other 9 have come from dross that we have barely got away with playing 4-5-1 against.

We are playing 2 up front.

Ask Laszlo and he will tell you this.

In his opinion we are playing 2 up.

He will tell you just because they are not playing side by side it does not mean he is not playing 2 up.

Source: Csaba Laszlo

So now the midget is a forward? Even more worrying.

Think if you were paying attention you'd have noticed Mole dropped into midfield/the hole.

When the big games come up for us: Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd let's see how many point your 4-5-1 gets us then.

From this 12 points you talk about we took 3 off Motherwell which was a good 3 to get but the other 9 have come from dross that we have barely got away with playing 4-5-1 against.

Would you like some more straws to clutch at?

You have clearly dropped all of yours.

We have made a pretty solid start to the season with a 4-5-1 formation and Mole was not sitting as deep as Ksnavecius - he was however playing with his back to goal which he is not good enough to do.

Its the strikers that are the problem not the formation.

Is Obua supposed to be the player who will make this wonderful formation work?

From what I've seen of him so far he'll be about as effective there as Ksnavicius.:eek:

Would you like some more straws to clutch at?

You have clearly dropped all of yours.

We have made a pretty solid start to the season with a 4-5-1 formation and Mole was not sitting as deep as Ksnavecius - he was however playing with his back to goal which he is not good enough to do.

Its the strikers that are the problem not the formation.

Course it's a problem with the strikers, there is only 1 up there :rolleyes:

No straw clutching here at all.

For your 4-5-1 to work you'd have to spend mega money on someone who can hold up the play and bang them in every week and I don't think Kaunas have anyone like that.

We are going to get some bad defeats with this formation, at times it's like playing with 10 men.

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with the formation. It is the players that play in it that is the problem.

At the moment I don't have too many complaints as we are sitting second. But I would like to think it won't be Ksana and Mole for the whole season.

Csaba'a constant reminding that we're a young team coupled with the fact that said team is getting good (if unspectacular) results with what could be construed as a defensive formation reminds me of what I read once about Bill Shankly.

Shankly realised his first great team (St John, Hunt, Yeats, et al) had played one season too many and began to break it up. In its place came a crop of youngsters who he hoped would one day emulate if not surpass his first creation (Keegan, Clemence, Hughes, etc). However, this wouldn't come in a flash and he recognised that this would be gradual and to play the usual attacking game could see his young guns lose a few games.

Recognising that a potential run of defeats would damage the confidence of his young team, he at first had them playing a tight game with the emphesis on grinding teams down. Sure they won as many as they drew but the defeats figure was low. Gradually the chains loosed and come season 72-73 he let them loose. From that point on until May 1990 Liverpool only went trophyless for three seasons as his then young team had set the foundation for that club to add to their talent pool which would already be set to pick up and run with the baton once they too left or dipped past their peak.

Whether Csaba can do something similar is another matter but going on from what he said in yesterday's press conference ("I'm planning for the next 18 months") what he's doing now indicates to me that he intends to have a damn good crack at it.

Patience is a virtue and yes it has been strained to the limit these past two seasons, but it is only fair to let Csaba have a decent amount of breathing space to fulfil his plan. After all, Jefferies had a young team, resorted to a sweeper system at first before cutting the strings come season 97-98 to 4-4-2 which saw three years of work result in a fine Scottish Cup victory.

your being harsh on jamie mole mate! that young lad runs himself into the ground and it's not his fault he's being asked to play as a lone striker

What good is it running yourself into the ground? i'd rather have the likes of chris boyd papping the ball into the net at any given opportunity. Moles a headless chicken.

Susie-Jambo-66
When asked this he did more drawings than Rolf Harris.

He doesnt see it as one up front he was very clear on that he sees it as one just in behind a striker so basically 2 but not playing in a traditional line alongside each other.

Its a bit hard to explain without his drawings :eek:

Just to back up my earlier point that we are playing 2 up according to Csaba..

I know this might make bad reading for someone like you but here it is :

1 Rangers 5 6 13

2 Hearts 6 1 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Celtic 5 4 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Kilmarnock 5 3 10

5 Hibernian 6 1 10

6 Hamilton 6 1 9

7 Inverness CT 6 0 7

8 Aberdeen 6 -2 7

9 St Mirren 6 -2 5

10 Dundee Utd 6 -4 5

11 Motherwell 5 -3 4

12 Falkirk 6 -5 4

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with the formation. It is the players that play in it that is the problem.

At the moment I don't have too many complaints as we are sitting second. But I would like to think it won't be Ksana and Mole for the whole season.

ItNutshell06.jpg

ARE HEARTS A TOP TEAM IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are Chelsea Man utd Arsenal barca madrid by all means play 541 but we dont have the STRIKER to play it!! we are hearts and if u have a home game v ICT you SHOULD ALWAYS play 2 up front

ARE HEARTS A TOP TEAM IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are Chelsea Man utd Arsenal barca madrid by all means play 541 but we dont have the STRIKER to play it!! we are hearts and if u have a home game v ICT you SHOULD ALWAYS play 2 up front

You should tell Csaba how to do his job.

i'll tell you what IMA MAROON if we were playing a half decent team today we would have got murdered. thank god it was only inverness.

Yet we still won.........

crazy.

tucks like i say we were LUCKY to win. if it was against a decent side we'd have been slaughtered

There are no decent sides left in the SPL.

Everyone is pish - its just a competition to see who plays pisher during the match these days!

Get used to it.

I think Csaba's intention is to play Nade as a supporting striker to Tullberg, but he's had to wait patiently for that opportunity to arise.

Nucky Thompson
so theres no decent teams in the spl then the boo? so what are hearts then?
2nd in the league, what are Hibs:107years:

H.A.N.S I salute you. you talk sense. 4-5-1 for a HOME game is a joke

I knew there would be fellow Jambos there on my wavelength

I know this might make bad reading for someone like you but here it is :

1 Rangers 5 6 13

2 Hearts 6 1 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Celtic 5 4 10

4 Kilmarnock 5 3 10

5 Hibernian 6 1 10

6 Hamilton 6 1 9

7 Inverness CT 6 0 7

8 Aberdeen 6 -2 7

9 St Mirren 6 -2 5

10 Dundee Utd 6 -4 5

11 Motherwell 5 -3 4

12 Falkirk 6 -5 4

What a lot of rubbish. I am a season ticket holder I am delighted at 2rd but are the awarding Champion's League places out in the next hour? I am looking at the bigger picture and 4-5-1 at home against that calibre is bad. As I said before any decent side would slaughter that. I am pleased for your league table but if we keep playing like this we won't be there in 5 games time IMO.

Woops....wrong again.

I can see someone like you being on here close to tears after a derby loss or old firm hammering questioning this 4-5-1 when we are completely outplayed and overrun.

Nucky Thompson
After 6 games? Anyone coming out to celebrate?
No but there are people who seem to be slashing their wrists for some strange reason:rolleyes:

Archived