Aberdeen relegation odds?

3inaBednar

Geoff Kilpatrick

The sheep are too big to be allowed to be relegated, if you listen to their fans. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, they won't go down. I would love it if Tango was sacked though.

I just wish the wee team were managerless and tango got sacked tomorrow and he became the wee team manager, now that would be class, going to the derby painted orange!!

serious tho, sheep are honkin, would not be surprised if they went doon. awful

The sheep are too big to be allowed to be relegated, if you listen to their fans. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, they won't go down. I would love it if Tango was sacked though.

Keep in mind that in 1999-2000 season Aberdeen finished last place but were not relegated due to Falkirk not having met the stadium criteria. Hopefully that can happen again and they will go downthis time! :)

I'd love to see sheep get relegated then go out of business. They're doomed anyway as Pit Tawdry must be sold by March 2011 and they have nowhere to move to.

Happy days. :)

Never ceases to amaze me how Calderwood thinks he's a good manager, most of the players he's brought in over the last few years haven't improved them much since the Ebbe Skovdal days. So he did ok for a while with Dunfermline but, let's be honest, they've never been anything to write home about anyway.

Keep in mind that in 1999-2000 season Aberdeen finished last place but were not relegated due to Falkirk not having met the stadium criteria. Hopefully that can happen again and they will go downthis time! :)

It was Motherwell who were saved by Falkirk's stadium.

Aberdeen were saved due to league expansion.

I'd love to see sheep get relegated then go out of business. They're doomed anyway as Pit Tawdry must be sold by March 2011 and they have nowhere to move to.

aye, despite stewart milne owning plenty of land. he wants to put flats where the ground is but is too tight to give them land for a new ground. typicial aberdonian, bleeding the club dry

Strawberry Jam

I would love it if Aberdeen got relegated. I have never liked them but when Tango Man went there I started to hate them so much more!!

Dont think they will go down, but they may be pushed to be in the top 6 come the split, if they fail it will be goodnight for Tango man.

Im already looking forward to his public announcement that he is ripping the team up and starting again as the players are not of the standard to take Aberdeen forward. (like he does most seasons, with teams he has built)

What a stroker he is.

It was Motherwell who were saved by Falkirk's stadium.

Aberdeen were saved due to league expansion.

Motherwell were saved a couple years later. Due to Falkirk not having a 10,000 seat stadium, Aberdeen did not have to participate in a 3 team playoff with them and Dunfermline. St, Mirren up as champions, Dunfermline promoted automatically as runners up, Aberdeen maintains status and Falkirk got screwed, to create expanded Premier League.

Motherwell were saved a couple years later. Due to Falkirk not having a 10,000 seat stadium, Aberdeen did not have to participate in a 3 team playoff with them and Dunfermline. St, Mirren up as champions, Dunfermline promoted automatically as runners up, Aberdeen maintains status and Falkirk got screwed, to create expanded Premier League.

Calderwood's a buffoon, can't understand this 'love affair' he has with the media.:confused:

ps, Brilliant 'signature' mate!:)

Aberdeen were lucky in 2000 when the league was changed to 12 teams or they would have been down! Still wish they had promoted 3 teams that year and relegated the don. They deserve it cause they finished bottom.

Also in 2003 Motherwell finishe bottom and falkirk were denied promotion because their stadium was not up to scratch. Again they should have promoted the 2nd top team in Div 1 and if their stadium is not up to scratch the 3rd top should have a go. IIRC st johnston would have been up instead!

THERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE RELEGATION.

The_Supreme_Being

Thats not entirely accurate.

What was supposed to happen was the bottom team(Aberdeen) were to go into a 3 team play off with the top 2 from the first division.

This 3 team play off consisted of each team playing each other once. The top two sides would be in the SPL, bottom club in the first division.

Falkirk's stadium wasn't up to scratch, therefore the play off never took place.

Now everyone knew this would be the case long before the end of the season, so there was no urgrency for Aberdeen to get out of bottom spot. Had they been in danger of going down automatically, it would have been like the relegation battle of 1995 between Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United when all clubs were filling their grounds every week and taking massive away supports.

Even if Aberdeen had gone into a play off, to be honest, you would have fancied them to finish in the top 2. Out of the 3 clubs Aberdeen would have have the most intimidating atmosphere in their home game, almost double the other two, and could have taken a much bigger away support for the away game aswell.

I would have thought you lot would have better things to talk about than our abysmal home form.

Reminscient if the band playing on while Titanic plunged towards its icy grave methinks.

Reminscient if the band playing on while Titanic plunged towards its icy grave methinks.

Says the man whose club is hitting the iceberg at full speed in March 2011. sheep FC - RIP

Incedentally, don't forget that Abersnide FC resigned from the league in 1918rather than accept relegation only to be reinstated the followingf season. That's how devious this bunch is. :mad:

Incedentally, don't forget that Abersnide FC resigned from the league in 1918rather than accept relegation only to be reinstated the followingf season. That's how devious this bunch is. :mad:

Cent

Can you not get anything right. We resigned with Dundee and Raith from the league in 1916/1917 season and rejoined for the 1919/1920 season.

If you're going to be an oaf, at least try and get the facts right :);)

Yours

aDONis

Hello Dong - how are you? :P All well I hope.

I notice you don't deny you resigned to avoid the drop. :cool:

Says the man whose club is hitting the iceberg at full speed in March 2011. sheep FC - RIP

I'll welcome your comments the next time our staff are left without wages to pay mortgages etc. Until then I rather think you've got more pressing considerations. It's funny how you seem to have loads to say on AFC, Celtic, Chelsea, but never anything about your own club.

I'll welcome your comments the next time our staff are left without wages to pay mortgages etc.

That'll happen in March 2011 when your diddy club becomes homeless and goes out of business.

Hearts staff's salaries are the subject of a "glitch" and will be paid this week. It's no big deal. Unlike becoming homeless........

Not quite true.

There was no relegation in 1999-2000 because the SPL was expanded to 12 clubs.

Aberdeen did escape a three way play-off with Dunfermline and Falkirk for two SPL places because of Falkirk's ground.

The next 4 games for the Sheep are :

Celtic (A)

Hobo's (H)

Falkirk (A)

Hearts (A)

I reckon the 2 Jimmys will be gone by the end of October at the latest.

Kilmarnock 4-2 Aberdeen L

bye bye jimmy - going down going down going down - see ya sheepy lovers

Mmmm....Tango's jacket will be on a shaky peg if Killie score any more,or,if it stays the same.

On the relegation theme,Motherwell are not exactly firing on all cylinders in the league or tonight!

Saying that I think ICT will drop.Safety for the sheep....for now!

Archived