We have outlasted

Colonel Kurtz

We have outlasted The bank Of Scotland, who were responsible for us having to sell several players at knockdown prices,and one one occasion very nearly put Hearts out of business

Perhaps if they had shown more"fiscal prudence" in their recent dealings then they might have survuived.

There is an irony that Hearts have outlasted them.

We have outlasted The bank Of Scotland, who were responsible for us having to sell several players at knockdown prices,and one one occasion very nearly put Hearts out of business

Perhaps if they had shown more"fiscal prudence" in their recent dealings then they might have survuived.

Perhaps if your pal the Pieman hadn't let our debts soar he wouldn't have had to bend over backwards to HBOS.

;)

Depends what you mean by 'we'...the bank itself may not have been particularly kind towards the club itself but its current predicament may still affect a huge number of Jambos; especially those who work for HBOS.

Can't see a good side to this at all.

Depends what you mean by 'we'...the bank itself may not have been particularly kind towards the club itself but its current predicament may still affect a huge number of Jambos; especially those who work for HBOS.

I made a few bob on the shares over the last 24 hours

It might be ironic but the bank was simply doing what any other British bank would have done to us at the time- putting on pressure for unassailable debts to be repayed.

I take no joy from the Scottish Institution that is the BOS going downhill. I have lots of family and friends who work for and/or own shares in HBOS.

Perhaps if your pal the Pieman hadn't let our debts soar he wouldn't have had to bend over backwards to HBOS.

;)

The episode when a ?30k loan from S&N saved us from going bust by the end of the week was pre CR.

That's very nice. But it probably won't mean much to those who are fearing for their jobs Colonel.

Actually, Pieman very nearly put Hearts out of business. The Bank of Scotland, rightly, realised enough was enough and reined everyone in post the SKY deal collapsing; and given we couldn't even afford to pay SMG their first instalment of ?767,000, I'm at a loss as to see how the BoS was responsible. Hey, if I'm ever on the point of going bankrupt, does this mean I can blame it all on my bank manager if he refuses to give me a whopping great loan?

On your second point: well, maybe. But the thing about what's going on at present is good and bad companies are being hit alike. At least in the case of the essentially sound ones, they should ultimately rebound once things calm down - but overextended as HBoS may have been, I'm not at all sure their strategy warranted this happening to them. And it's maybe worth pointing out that none of us know for certain how sturdy UKIO is against such worldwide turbulence either - so let's not get too cocky now.

Marvellous. George Soros, eat your heart out. :rolleyes:

That's very nice. But it probably won't mean much to those who are fearing for their jobs Colonel.

I agree with you and about jobs and Alex

salmond about short selling,my point is if HBOS had applied the same fiscal prudence they did with Hearts to their current problems then they might have survuived,and am pointing out the Irony that Hearts have outlasted them.

JAMBOn_et_fromage
Hey, if I'm ever on the point of going bankrupt, does this mean I can blame it all on my bank manager if he refuses to give me a whopping great loan?

If the FSA get their way, probably yes :P

scott herbertson
I agree with you and about jobs and Alex

salmond about short selling,my point is if HBOS had applied the same fiscal prudence they did with Hearts to their current problems then they might have survuived,and am pointing out the Irony that Hearts have outlasted them.

There is some sort of sweet justice in that.

How are SMG doing these days?

Bad news for me.Shares worth zip! (i think :confused:)

depends on how Lloyds TSBs shares perform ,you might be ok long term

;)

Don't start me on the Pieman, he robbed more money from Us than all the wage thief's put together.

Don't start me on the Pieman, he robbed more money from Us than all the wage thief's put together.

yep him and j.jeffries wasted millions at tynie :)

:):):):)

yep him and j.jeffries wasted millions at tynie :)

Jefferies didnt have a choice. He was TOLD to spend big to appease the pieman's ego. When we got the SMG deal, Jim was given something like 2 days to sign a ?500k player and thats how we ended up with Petrov at centre half (who wasnt as bad as many think, but no near 12mill player!). There is no way JJ would have sanctioned that type of deal for him if CR hadnt forced his hand. This is fact and from the horses mouth.

On the HBOS thing. It is NEVER a good thing when honest people lose their jobs. For the working/lower middle class, what we are facing now is like the collapse of industry and mining and no laughing matter.

Unfortunately it will make some people and institutions rich and is exactly what got these companies into the trouble they are in now. Laissez-faire economics does not work as it is fuelled by greed and competition which will always reach a bursting point and are therefore temporary. Banks have not served us well as customers or as employees in last ten years or more and yet we are the ones who suffer when they go mams-up. C'est la vie...? C'est capitalism....!

ToadKiller Dog

So given the crisis in british banking ,will we all be moving our money/accounts to the bank of vlad when/if it ever opens then ?.

Jefferies didnt have a choice. He was TOLD to spend big to appease the pieman's ego. When we got the SMG deal, Jim was given something like 2 days to sign a ?500k player and thats how we ended up with Petrov at centre half (who wasnt as bad as many think, but no near 12mill player!). There is no way JJ would have sanctioned that type of deal for him if CR hadnt forced his hand. This is fact and from the horses mouth.

On the HBOS thing. It is NEVER a good thing when honest people lose their jobs. For the working/lower middle class, what we are facing now is like the collapse of industry and mining and no laughing matter.

Unfortunately it will make some people and institutions rich and is exactly what got these companies into the trouble they are in now. Laissez-faire economics does not work as it is fuelled by greed and competition which will always reach a bursting point and are therefore temporary. Banks have not served us well as customers or as employees in last ten years or more and yet we are the ones who suffer when they go mams-up. C'est la vie...? C'est capitalism....!

:eek:

The Chinchilla

Are you saying Jeffries couldn't think of a better player to buy with a spare ?500k? Seems a bit bizarre he was told to spend it so quickly!

The only good side for me is that there will be no more adverts from that goggle eyed ersehole Howard.

Whos petrov???!!!

The Bank of Scotland raised funds for the Jacobite rebellion, it is about time they were put to the sword.

I didn't realise that. :mad: In that case, good riddance to them.

The Bank of Scotland raised funds for the Jacobite rebellion, it is about time they were put to the sword.

Holy Moses, no wonder they're rubber ducked, investing in Bonnie Prince Charlie, Hearts & the US sub-prime mortgage sector.

What were they thinking of?

I didn't realise that. :mad: In that case, good riddance to them.

At least you're consistent in your views. Have you never heard of Bonnie Andy Hornby? :rolleyes:

Didn't take long for the Lloyd's/TSB/HBoS consortium to get rid rid of the Scottish connection by re-titling themselves as Lloyds/Halifax. Am I the only person who thinks that the Westminster Govt has allowed this situation to develop to weaken the Scottish banking position. Could the RBS be next? Consider no banking control north of the border with all control held by English banks, how could an independant Scotland come into existence or even be remotely viable? Could Gordon Brown have engineered the demise of the Bank of Scotland?

Didn't take long for the Lloyd's/TSB/HBoS consortium to get rid rid of the Scottish connection by re-titling themselves as Lloyds/Halifax. Am I the only person who thinks that the Westminster Govt has allowed this situation to develop to weaken the Scottish banking position. Could the RBS be next? Consider no banking control north of the border with all control held by English banks, how could an independant Scotland come into existence or even be remotely viable? Could Gordon Brown have engineered the demise of the Bank of Scotland?

Do me a favour and tell me what English bank could have the power to take over RBS? The only bank i can realistically see mounting a bid is HSBC; a bank originating from Hong Kong.

You are correct. The separatists will know what they are up against but The RBS are on our right side. There is no chance of a breakaway republic. We are in control.

Archived