"The enigma" that is Copil

JAMMY

Got sent off against St Mirren for the 19's the other week.

The boy is undoubtedly very talented but he just does not look interested IMO.

Yes, Copil's been here for 2/3 seasons now and hasn't done enough to warrant a place in the first team apparently, hasn't stopped a few others getting into the side though,could name a few that shouldn't be in the first team squad over the last couple of years. Seems strange that a player like Copil was in the top 50 most promising players in Europe (according to an article i read around Jan/Feb time)yet can't even get a sniff of a place on the subs bench in a very poor league! I believe that if he was at most of the other clubs, he would have had a chance by now, unfortunately, the powers that be aren't too keen to give him, and a few others, a chance at the club, they have their favourites and there's fekall we can do about it! The ideal time to give Copil and the rest of them a chance would have been against Airdrie Utd in the league cup, unfortunately, most of the players they picked for this game were part of the same squad that failed us miserably into eighth position in the league last season....aye...well done Hearts!!

Yes, Copil's been here for 2/3 seasons now and hasn't done enough to warrant a place in the first team apparently, hasn't stopped a few others getting into the side though,could name a few that shouldn't be in the first team squad over the last couple of years. Seems strange that a player like Copil was in the top 50 most promising players in Europe (according to an article i read around Jan/Feb time)yet can't even get a sniff of a place on the subs bench in a very poor league! I believe that if he was at most of the other clubs, he would have had a chance by now, unfortunately, the powers that be aren't too keen to give him, and a few others, a chance at the club, they have their favourites and there's fekall we can do about it! The ideal time to give Copil and the rest of them a chance would have been against Airdrie Utd in the league cup, unfortunately, most of the players they picked for this game were part of the same squad that failed us miserably into eighth position in the league last season....aye...well done Hearts!!

like any other promising young player they needto show the right attitude, desire, work rate and hunger if not then they linger in the reserves or u19s and he is no different.:cool:

In all honesty. I have seen him watching the 1st team every game this season. Never spotted him once last season.

Really? That's a good sign. There's no smoke without fire and the stories told so far about his attitude issues as well as those reported in the news had left me wondering if we had another Pinilla situation on our hands.

It's good to hear of him involving himself a little more.

Really? That's a good sign. There's no smoke without fire and the stories told so far about his attitude issues as well as those reported in the news had left me wondering if we had another Pinilla situation on our hands.

It's good to hear of him involving himself a little more.

All the u19's, especially those from foreign shores should sit in the crowd, preferably section N for a derby... that would be getting involved.

Chad Sexington

I was excited when we signed him but he's turned out to be a bit of a non event.

If he's as good as he was hyped to be he really should be banging on the first team door by now.

I don't think he did himself any favours with his petulant little walk out last season either.

He really needs to step up to the plate this season and show that he has the desire to make it.

All the u19's, especially those from foreign shores should sit in the crowd, preferably section N for a derby... that would be getting involved.

Section N? We want them to stay at the club, K....not terrify them. :P

Seriously though, I think there should be some sort of rules in place about the youngsters and what they're doing on match day. They need to be involved or at very least, make the effort to involve themselves...to show that they're interested if nothing else. Same goes for senior/1st team squad players who are fit enough to make it, they should be there too.

I get the feeling that Csaba might think a similar way about these things, maybe that's why we saw Nade floating around Tynie a lot pre-season etc. I don't know. But I want to see more of this unified group approach to all things Hearts.

Whilst i'd agree with you 100% maroonlegions, the first team failed miserably against Airdrie Utd and if Hearts are supposed to have such a big squad, why didn't we even try a couple of them with another couple on the bench? If i was a young player at Hearts, i'd find it very difficult to motivate myself after watching some of the performances last season, not knowing if i'll ever get a chance to show what i can do. I said in the build up to that game that they should give one or two a wee chance to prove themselves, i had a bad feeling going to that game and it wouldn't have done any harm to change things a bit.

I've seen him at every game this season and has been involved in the ground staff duties before games. If he shows the right attitude I'm sure he'll come good. He is only 18 as well remember.

I've seen him at every game this season and has been involved in the ground staff duties before games. If he shows the right attitude I'm sure he'll come good. He is only 18 as well remember.

I think some people do forget that him and Branny were very young when they first arrived, and talented or not it's going to take anyone a year or so to get used to living in a foreign country, by yourself and trying to learn a foreign language.

Spotted Copil stting down in front of us in the Gorgie Stand in the second half of the Motherwell match I think, hotdog in hand!!

Guest jambomickey
I think some people do forget that him and Branny were very young when they first arrived, and talented or not it's going to take anyone a year or so to get used to living in a foreign country, by yourself and trying to learn a foreign language.

Spotted Copil stting down in front of us in the Gorgie Stand in the second half of the Motherwell match I think, hotdog in hand!!

copil can be spotted in mcdonalds before every home game!

copil can be spotted in mcdonalds before every home game!

I was surprised to see him eating a hotdog in the middle or Tynie wearing full Hearts gear. Although it did look to me like he was looking around him to make sure no-one from Hearts saw him.

I guess at that age you just can't be bothered worrying about your diet.

Guest jambomickey
I was surprised to see him eating a hotdog in the middle or Tynie wearing full Hearts gear. Although it did look to me like he was looking around him to make sure no-one from Hearts saw him.

I guess at that age you just can't be bothered worrying about your diet.

honestly jen head along to mcdonalds just up from the westfield on saturday and i'll guarantee he's always in there! what row were you in at falkirk? reason i ask is there was lass called jen right next to me

honestly jen head along to mcdonalds just up from the westfield on saturday and i'll guarantee he's always in there! what row were you in at falkirk? reason i ask is there was lass called jen right next to me

row b, right in the corner beside the "stand of 4 rows"!

They do. They sit together in the old N1 for big games now and again.

Ah so they do... in the little penned off bit.

Aye, it is a shame when you put it that way. Fair play to them though, whenever they're there, they get right behind the team by singing (those that know the words) and winding up the opposition fans. Good lads!

In all honesty. I have seen him watching the 1st team every game this season. Never spotted him once last season.

He'll be sitting on his own?

He has had a chat with senior management and is now showing a changed attitude -- however it has to last and not just for 2 months.

Remember he had that walk-out at the end of last season and his wages were stopped until pre-season training.

He has had it laid down just what he has to do -- forget 1st team this season -- his target is U19 first choice with appearances in reserves.

We then have option re another 2 years -- still to be decided if we take it up.

I think the youngsters also should be at the 1st team home games. If they are in the stand and we are playing well there blood should be pumping saying ' I want to be apart off this ' or if we are playing gash they should be telling thereself ' I am better than this lot on the park '

Things like this should get them going to make them step up and be noticed in the youth/reserve games and let them be given there chance.

I seen McGowan play alot last year for the reserves and always played to a high standard, There are not many others in the reserves who played as good as him week in week out.

So if he is setting the standard for young players to make it even onto the bench, then hearts are right not to put any off the youngsters into the 1st team as they simply are not good enough yet to take the step up.

Think originally they should have bought him and loaned him to a Romanian team. think at 16 it was a massive change in his life to bring him to Scotland with on his own. This clearly attributed to his homesickness and going awol.

We could have just gave him English lessons there and monitored his progress. Its not like he's on thousands per week. Then i guess he wouldn't get to adjust to the Scottish league so i dunno. :o

Archived