Driver's achilles injury. Deffo out for Saturday. Poss longer?

Nelly Terraces

Nelly Terraces

Sorry if there was one, but I've not spotted a thread on this story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7621797.stm

Looks bad for wee Andy. Achilles injuries are notoriously hard to shake off. The only thing that's good for them is total rest. Was speaking to the physio down the gym I go to and she said for achilles tendon injuries she'd ideally go for around 2 - 3 weeks resting, and then go through a programme of strengthening exercises on that ankle for another 2. I'd say that's the least I'd expect.

I'd have serious worries that if Andy is back in our team before that, that he'll have been rushed back (typical football club behaviour) and that the problem will probably flare up again sooner rather than later.

Sorry if there was one, but I've not spotted a thread on this story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7621797.stm

Looks bad for wee Andy. Achilles injuries are notoriously hard to shake off. The only thing that's good for them is total rest. Was speaking to the physio down the gym I go to and she said for achilles tendon injuries she'd ideally go for around 2 - 3 weeks resting, and then go through a programme of strengthening exercises on that ankle for another 2. I'd say that's the least I'd expect.

I'd have serious worries that if Andy is back in our team before that, that he'll have been rushed back (typical football club behaviour) and that the problem will probably flare up again sooner rather than later.

Isn't it an achilles injury keeping Robbie out? If so I'd hope the club give him as much rest as he needs to get back fully fit we can't afford to have him in and out the team with niggly injuries

We_are_the_Hearts

There is no danger he will be rushed back. His future sale is more important to the club than short term performance and points gain. That has been obvious for a while now. Not a dig, just stating a fact. We haven't rushed a player back since bednar and if anything we over protect them.

Terrible news, we miss him badly when he's missing.

Hopefully Chesney will be fit and we can go with the Miko / Chesney winger combo.

Hopefully Chesney will be fit and we can go with the Miko / Chesney winger combo.

With Kingston as well, what a squad of grafters that would be:rolleyes:

Nelly Terraces

Nightmare I'd call it mate.

Driver being out for any length of time is a real concern. He's a big player for us this season, and by far our best wide man. The lack of a replacement is also a concern, esp. with Obua out.

Nelly Terraces
Driver being out for any length of time is a real concern. He's a big player for us this season, and by far our best wide man. The lack of a replacement is also a concern, esp. with Obua out.

Yep, it's bad news all round, both in terms of setting up and scoring goals as he chips in with a few. Just hope we don't see the new defensive mid player out on the wing again. Shabbs has some thinking to do here.

With Kingston as well, what a squad of grafters that would be:rolleyes:

Tell me about it. He is one of the most work shy players i've ever seen. For a guy of his talent to making such a minor contribution so far this season is very poor.

Nightmare I'd call it mate.

Might be worth a shot. Not like we have anyone else. Chesney has one good game about every 10 so it might as well be on Saturday and Miko has been good at home recently.

Malcolm Tucker
Miko and Chesey usually play pretty well together I'm sure. That said I fully expect Miko and Larry.

Aye, whenever Miko and Chesney play on both wings we do seem to play better, I'm not sure why it is as well. We just seem to have more, and they swap over a lot which confuses the full backs.

And I also agree with the fact it will almost definitely be Miko and Larry :sad:

Archived