worst poll ever?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. worst poll ever?

• immediately
    • every couple of days
    • at the weekend
    • when you run out of cutlery

The People's Chimp

What do you really want to know; when should you do them...or when do you do them?

I should do them immediately. I wait until I have run out of cutlery.

Because i still live with my mum and dad they get done everyday but i have vote for when the cutlery runs out. This is because when the folks go on holiday i simply cant be arsed doing the dishes. So i either go up to the birds for dinner or get a takeaway that doesnt require any dishes.

Used to hate doing them as a youngster as me and my brother had to take turns about washing and drying

Say What Again

When you need cutlery.

Anybody who says otherwise is either a female, hen-pecked, homosexual, or has a dishwasher.

Sometimes you don't even need to 'do' the dishes. Find a plate that's 'OK' (bit of kitchen roll over the top solves a problem like sandwich/toast), then lick a knife clean (one that's been used for chopping stuff/buttering bread is perfect), forks are going to get messy anyway so even a chilli encrusted one is acceptable (chisel at really crusty bits with the now clean knife if you're fussy).

Simple rules.

I have many other household tips available on request.

When you need cutlery.

Anybody who says otherwise is either a female, hen-pecked, homosexual, or has a dishwasher.

Sometimes you don't even need to 'do' the dishes. Find a plate that's 'OK' (bit of kitchen roll over the top solves a problem like sandwich/toast), then lick a knife clean (one that's been used for chopping stuff/buttering bread is perfect), forks are going to get messy anyway so even a chilli encrusted one is acceptable (chisel at really crusty bits with the now clean knife if you're fussy).

Simple rules.

i'd like to buy you a pint.

When you need cutlery.

Simple rules.

Hhmm dont fancy visiting yours :eek:

Dishes need to be done after every meal unless to drunk to do them then the next morning is fine :)

When my "mate" was at Uni he shared digs with about 4 other guys. Anyway no-one ever did the dishes so one of his flatmates got totally ****ed off and when the rest of them were out stuck everything, plates, mugs and cutlery in a couple of bin bags and put them out with the rubbish, THEN went out and bought paper plates and plastic cutlery. Pure genius!

chester copperpot
My wifes a minging bitch.Theres never any room in the sink to have a pee!

For the first time in a long time, I cried reading that post.

Best one in many a month. :laugh:

One of my pet hates is leaving out the dishes- i lived with 2 good mates from school for 1st and 2nd year of uni-used to drive me ****ing nuts that they were incapable of doing anything around the flat (in partic dishes) as Mummy had always cleared up everything after them.

Doing dishes immediately takes seconds as everything washes straight off- leave them and everythin sticks and they become a nightmare. Its just pure laziness leaving them!

These 2 flatmates where the same guys who didn't give a flying that the (beautiful and newly renovated ) flat was mouse infested. Its safe to say that while we're still close mates, we no longer live together!

thehibsareintheirbeds

have probably only just got rid of some of the infections and bugs from my "when i run out of cutlery" student flat share days 8 years ago...so has to be every few days.

the sink back then was like the one in withnail and i

I dont do them so... immediatly... when I was a student there was days when we'd rather go out and buy new plates rather than wash them.

when should you do them?

* if you make the missus do them, then when would you choose to?

Get a bird to do them

I dont do them so... immediatly... when I was a student there was days when we'd rather go out and buy new plates rather than wash them.

Bit like clothes:laugh:

Archived