Touch of the Green Eyed Monster

Sergio Garcia

On my train this morning from Lanark to Glasgow was sitting next to a few Motherwell fans who were heading off on their European trip. The banter and excitement from them and tales of their plans for two flights and a train journey really made me feel a touch jealous.

Couple that with my boss and his daughter going (with muchos assistance from me) and a few good mates (who i think made sure they caught me before my morning train just to say that was them about to leave to catch their flight) who have been talking about it since the draw was made has made me realise how much i do miss European trips.

I don't if its just the fact I see more Well fans in my daily life but this is the first season since we havent been involved that I have really missed the planning and going on the European trip.

Hopefully Csaba can get us their for next year. I want to be the guy on the rush hour train who isnt going to work but is sitting there in my Hearts top and a rucksack on the start of my European adventure.

Missing European action has prompted me to book flights for Amsterdam for the Scotland Holland game, so at least ive got one trip abraod for football. Sadly wont be a Jambo one!

For a club of our standing in Scotland (average league position is about 5th in our history) not qualifying for Europe should be seen as failure. In our current position (comfortably 3rd highest wage bill) not qualifying for Europe is a disaster. I still get excited by European football and hope Hearts can be a regular participant in the revamped UEFA Cup in future.

Chad Sexington
I hope Motherwell get raped.

Part of me wants them to do well. Scottish club, co-efficient, blah blah blah.

The other half, like you Gig, wants them to get totally annihilated, just to stick it up McGhee and all those smug Well fans who came on here in the summer.

Childish I know. :)

Part of me wants them to do well. Scottish club, co-efficient, blah blah blah.

The other half, like you Gig, wants them to get totally annihilated, just to stick it up McGhee and all those smug Well fans who came on here in the summer.

Childish I know. :)

Its not childish, Chad.

I ****ing hate Motherwell.

Bonus ball is if McGhee looks a bit shifty going through customs and one of the customs officers (who is in a REALLY bad mood) decides to see if McGhee is concealing anything is a rather private place.

Chad Sexington
Its not childish, Chad.

Bonus ball is if McGhee looks a bit shifty going through customs and one of the customs officers (who is in a REALLY bad mood) decides to see if McGhee is concealing anything is a rather private place.

Arf.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way Mr McGhee".

1370.jpg

Wouldn't bother too much about Motherwell in Europe, they'll be out after the first match. Next time Hearts are in Europe, i'll be making a special effort to go. In the 25 years i've been going to games, i've never been on a European trip, i've had plenty opportunities, Paris(84),Dukla Prague(86), Ireland, Mostar, Vienna & Munich (88/89), Dnepr & Bologna(90), Slavia Prague & Liege(92), Madrid(93), Belgrade(96) and recent years including Mallorca, Braga, Feyenoord, Basle, not forgetting qualifying matches against unknown teams from Scandinavia etc...etc.... Definately NOT missing out on any more!!

On my train this morning from Lanark to Glasgow was sitting next to a few Motherwell fans who were heading off on their European trip. The banter and excitement from them and tales of their plans for two flights and a train journey really made me feel a touch jealous.

Couple that with my boss and his daughter going (with muchos assistance from me) and a few good mates (who i think made sure they caught me before my morning train just to say that was them about to leave to catch their flight) who have been talking about it since the draw was made has made me realise how much i do miss European trips.

I don't if its just the fact I see more Well fans in my daily life but this is the first season since we havent been involved that I have really missed the planning and going on the European trip.

Hopefully Csaba can get us their for next year. I want to be the guy on the rush hour train who isnt going to work but is sitting there in my Hearts top and a rucksack on the start of my European adventure.

Missing European action has prompted me to book flights for Amsterdam for the Scotland Holland game, so at least ive got one trip abraod for football. Sadly wont be a Jambo one!

you can go on a euro trip with HMFC 10 of us are going to Paris in November

then down to Contalmaison for remembrance sunday .

always a jambo

According to a Motherwell fan who phoned Talksport yesterday there will be about 4000 Motherwell fans over there.

What I'd like to know is: Where are they every week when Motherwell are playing in the SPL?

Dougie Masterton
you can go on a euro trip with HMFC 10 of us are going to Paris in November

then down to Contalmaison for remembrance sunday .

If you go down the way from Paris, you'll be going the wrong way.:rolleyes:

See you in the airport.

portobellojambo1
I hope Motherwell get raped.

I'm sure their players will not be too fussy if they get raped, as long as they win the match as well.

According to a Motherwell fan who phoned Talksport yesterday there will be about 4000 Motherwell fans over there.

What I'd like to know is: Where are they every week when Motherwell are playing in the SPL?

Most of them keep their giro's for the offy so they can guzzle down some bucky!!

Nelly Terraces
Its not childish, Chad.

Top Man. Great post. Hope Mudderhell get a good doing, on and off the pitch.

I can count supporters of Hibs, Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle and Raith Rovers amongst my friends while I also know some very sound guys who support Caley Thistle, St Mirren, Livingston, Dunfermline and Falkirk.

However I have never met a Motherwell I have liked. Quite the opposite.

For that reason I'll be backing them fail in an epic manner, and hope their support encounters some form of travel disruption, coupled with some good old fashioned continental 'heavy handed' policing.

Tam Cowan? I think he's pretty funny TBH.

I quietly fancy Motherwell to win this tie, to be honest. Nancy have made a similarly moderate start in France - but McGhee is throwing the kitchen sink at their European campaign this season, and I don't think he's that bothered about the league. It's the kind of tie Well could sneak through in on away goals: maybe a 2-1 defeat over there, and tight, well disciplined 1-0 win back at Fir Park.

And I have to be honest: I hope they succeed too. My beef is with the Old Firm, but scarcely anyone else - and if they could emulate what Aberdeen achieved, that in turn should help us all see what's possible, and raise the demands and expectancy levels of all non-OF clubs in Europe. Plus, after a remarkable season last year, the coefficient is set to drop, big style - and to all those rolling their eyes at this, I'd have to point out that without it, we wouldn't have been in the CL qualifiers two years ago; and we wouldn't have the chance of qualifying via a 4th placed SPL finish either.

Forever Maroon

my mate fae works been on the net looking at the square in nancy most of the day, it's been steadily filling up with the Well troops...

Hopefully next season it'll be us again:cool:

my mate fae works been on the net looking at the square in nancy most of the day, it's been steadily filling up with the Well troops...

Hopefully next season it'll be us again:cool:

Groan , wish I hadnt had a peek at that...now im spewing as well.:sad:

The sun will never rise on a day when I feel jealous of a few unemployed steel workers.

Archived