Work Holiday Entitlement Help

Sergio Garcia

Hi folks,

Looking for help/confirmation of what my holiday entitlement should be.

Started a new job on the 18th of August and I am entitled to 4 weeks per annum (Jan- Dec)

So am i right in thinking I have 7 possibly 7 1/2 days to take before end of year?

Cheers for any help

E_L

depends who you work for , some companies will give you an allowance for each month you have already worked, as in 1.5 days per month others will work it out straight as in by xmas you will have worked 5 months so it will be pro rata based on what you will work rather than what you have already worked, if you know what i mean ?

depends who you work for , some companies will give you an allowance for each month you have already worked, as in 1.5 days per month others will work it out straight as in by xmas you will have worked 5 months so it will be pro rata based on what you will work rather than what you have already worked, if you know what i mean ?

Yep i get what you mean

To be honest im not really planning on taking any until November really as nowt planned until then. It was just incase I had a plethora or tiny amount of holidays to take, so that i can plan ahead!

you are allowed 1.6666 days per full month worked in the year, since you started on the 18th then August won't count so you should have 6.5 days to take before the end of the year (Really 6.6667 but will be rounded down). You may also have public holidays but that will depend on the company!

Hi folks,

Looking for help/confirmation of what my holiday entitlement should be.

Started a new job on the 18th of August and I am entitled to 4 weeks per annum (Jan- Dec)

So am i right in thinking I have 7 possibly 7 1/2 days to take before end of year?

Cheers for any help

E_L

It depends, does that 4 weeks include bank hols? If it does, you may have to count the amount of holidays in the year, subtact them from the 4 weeks total then add the holidays that have still to happen on to the figure left.

Take that number and devide it by the number of months you are working til the end of the year.

Hope that makes sense, it may not as I was in the pub for 7hrs yesterday.

It depends, does that 4 weeks include bank hols? If it does, you may have to count the amount of holidays in the year, subtact them from the 4 weeks total then add the holidays that have still to happen on to the figure left.

Take that number and devide it by the number of months you are working til the end of the year.

Hope that makes sense, it may not as I was in the pub for 7hrs yesterday.

Public holidays are in addition to my annual holiday entitlement.

Cheers for all the help guys, thinking it looks likely ive got 6 1/2 days to take then.

So therefore 1 and 1/2 days for a long weekend at end of November

1 day for after the derby (so i can fully enjoy the celebration **** up)

So 4 days to play with!

Archived