Most hilarious individual performance you've ever seen.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Stretching the memory a wee bit here but Peter Grant for ra Celtic in the Andy Thorn game. He was absolutely murder for the whole game and Thorn was winding him up - then he got sent of and went up the tunnel and kicked a fire extinguisher Think wee robbo scored just after that but it all blurs into one really...

No offence mate, but I think that was O'Neill of Hibs who was caught on camera doing that in a match from the previous season.

Buffalo Bill

jambos are go!
Not meaning to be a smart@rse but Tam Flogel actually cleared that off the line and round the post.

TV replays showed it was going wide anyway IIRC.

GlynnSnodin4-2
No offence mate, but I think that was O'Neill of Hibs who was caught on camera doing that in a match from the previous season.

Buffalo Bill

None taken - just cannae remember details! Just sticks in mind cos i hated Peter Grant and he was murder in that game then got sent off - brilliant.

The White Cockade

Kenny Black's last game for Hearts

Was getting stick from the fans so when we got a penalty he

dived in to take it so he could stick it up us by scoring in his last game

and he duffed it straight at the keeper

his face was a picture

wayne fosters return to tynecastle with partick thistle. .......

he gets the shephards crook from the thistle bench....N0 9 your time is up..... and promptly walks off and sits in the hearts dug out through force of habit.. before wondering why everyone in the ground was rolling about... hence a sharp exit to the oppostion dugout

jack D and coke
Woodgate debut for Real Madrid! Signed then was injured for 18 months, then on debut, scored an outstanding own goal, header from 20 yards sharply followed by a red card!

Voted Madrid's worst signing of the century.

Always amazed at the moves he got in his career. He is absolutely f***** pato banton. Every time i watch him he makes a james hunt of something.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Not meaning to be a smart@rse but Tam Flogel actually cleared that off the line and round the post.

I seem to remember it being Petric clearing it? Agathe's excuse in the paper the next day was that the grass was too long.

It was Lee Miller's header that Brown thought was going wide. Put his hands up to show he's leaving it........ 1-0 Hearts. Shame we got beat.

I seem to remember it being Petric clearing it? Agathe's excuse in the paper the next day was that the grass was too long.

It was Lee Miller's header that Brown thought was going wide. Put his hands up to show he's leaving it........ 1-0 Hearts. Shame we got beat.

I stand corrected.

scott herbertson
Poor Liegh Jenkinson really wanted to impress, but sticks in my mind for ineptness

I was thinking about him - I remember him running the ball out of play on the touchline with no opposition player near by - dreadful.

Then I remembered Ray Dunlop - away game when we were down in the first division possibly Stirling Albion. Corner came across and Dunlop rose unopposed to clutch it, only it bounced off his hands and into the net

...and kids these days think they have it bad!

i mind vidar riseth for celtic dived at tynecastle and rolled about the ground like he swallowed his tongue. cheat but i was poorless at his shockin attempt at play actin

Funniest performance at Tynie must go to the Hobo fans that stayed behind to emulate our "Waiting For The Cup" sit in at Fester Road. If they had won they might have had some justification, oh dear, Poor wee souls.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The last I heard of him was Sky Sports News saying that hsi then club Brentford didn't know where he was as he had gone on the run for some reason.

Sure I remember Goram pretty much passing the ball directly into the path of one of our players whilst he was at the edge of his box a few years back. I do remember finding it hilariously funny. I loved to see Goram fail.

*feel free to point it out if I've dreamt this one up.

The 1997/98 season, a 2-2 draw at Ibrox.

Andy Goram gets a back pass and scuffs his clearance to the feet of McCann who lifts the ball into the Rangers net IIRC.

Was it not an orange ball because of the snow?

Evander Sno in the CIS Cup tie at Parkhead last season. I couldn't make it through to the game, but watching it on TV was hilarious.

He came on as a sub with about 20 minutes to go and they kept giving him the ball and he kept on losing it.

We were letting him run at us but as soon as he got towards the edge of the box he'd pass it to a Hearts player, shoot wide, or stand on the ball and fall on his erse.

The pond life in the home end were going mental.

That's the game. Possibly the worse most inept goalkeeping performance I'd ever seen. It got so bad it was funny - especially since the clown prince of shortbread was being tipped as a Scotland keeper at the time!

Edit - it was Stevie Frail that was sent off for the save.

My 1st ever Hearts game. Went with the old man

Happy days

A cup game against Ayr United where they had a truly ridiculous Icelandic (I think) keeper. Every time he came near the ball you could sense the Ayr fans despair. He actually back heeled the ball to Jim Hamilton for our last goal. I think we scored 5 that day.

Tannadice in the 80's, kickoff and Davy Dodds is standin on the centre-spot lookin at the baw wi the biggest red-puss you'll ever see as the entire Hearts support belted out YOUARESOFECKINUGLY !!........Was commonly known as the Elephant Man......Classic:)

Seem to remember us being two nil up in this game too. I asked when the draw for the next round was and Frail got sent off!

We also signed Colin Millar after this game when he scored from a free kick.

London Hearts bit is good. Look at the scotland flags next to the nationalities, with only Fozzie not being a scot. Changed days.

Sorry... slightly off topic!!!

Captain Canada
Seem to remember us being two nil up in this game too. I asked when the draw for the next round was and Frail got sent off!

We also signed Colin Millar after this game when he scored from a free kick.

London Hearts bit is good. Look at the scotland flags next to the nationalities, with only Fozzie not being a scot. Changed days.

Sorry... slightly off topic!!!

Yeah it was Tommy Harrison and I think Tommy McLean was the manager? That was the worst display of goalkeeping from a Hearts keeper I can ever remember that night - I was so disgusted I had to go to Bar Kohl afterwards and try to erase it from my memory with lots of vodka

For me it has to be big Lorenzo Amerouso's 98 cup final performance. Any free-kick within 40 yards of big Gilles goal and he fancied a blast at goal. All of them bar one just about went out of the stadium. On top of that switching off to allow Adam to nick in for the second goal.................a truely awful performance and possibly Hearts best player on the day.

The one we STILL laugh at was the boy for the icelandic outfit who had a shot, stubbed his toes and had to get carried off! The divot went further than the ball and the boy was not only crippled but totally embarassed! Quality!

For me it has to be big Lorenzo Amerouso's 98 cup final performance. Any free-kick within 40 yards of big Gilles goal and he fancied a blast at goal. All of them bar one just about went out of the stadium. On top of that switching off to allow Adam to nick in for the second goal.................a truely awful performance and possibly Hearts best player on the day.

Those of us who bought all of the papers the next day will remember that the News of The World made him Man of The Match - and not because he played well for Hearts. Unbelievable....

Andy Goram gets a back pass and scuffs his clearance to the feet of McCann who lifts the ball into the Rangers net IIRC.

That sounds even more like the one I remember...... Qvalitee!

two stick in my mind, first one was years ago at tynie alex mcdonald was still playing in them days, anyway one of the opposition players kept feigning injury by rolling about on the ground , wee doddie got so p*ssed off he threw himself to the ground pretending the same , even the ref was laughing his head off , second one was eamonn bannon missing a header for goal virtually on the goal line in a european game at tynie , as i said long time ago can,t remember the teams

jack D and coke

It was in the winter time anyway i remember that. Was in the latter stages of our good league run under JJ in season 97-98. Goram squaffed a clearance and Terry finished it superbly from the edge of the box. Twice we took the lead only for the huns to equalise in the dying seconds. Can't rememeber who scored our other goal that day. Might have been big Hammy.

two stick in my mind, first one was years ago at tynie alex mcdonald was still playing in them days, anyway one of the opposition players kept feigning injury by rolling about on the ground , wee doddie got so p*ssed off he threw himself to the ground pretending the same , even the ref was laughing his head off , second one was eamonn bannon missing a header for goal virtually on the goal line in a european game at tynie , as i said long time ago can,t remember the teams

Eamonn bannons header was against st patricks when he headed over from under the bar with no 1 to beat

Craig Herbertson

Alan Anderson, a man who i much admire, but never noted much for his striking abiltiies.

After watching years of solid but unsurprisng defending there was a single game (Airdrie i think) where Alan kept moving forward and crossed the haflway line. The entire opposition went to left and right as no one even remotely considered that he was a threat. He kept moving forward and they kept going away from him. There was a second where the whole of the ground including the opposition and Alan himself realised that he was completely unmarked and standing twenty yards from an open goal with no possible choice but to hit it. In that moment, where a man's fate is balanced with the gods he ballooned the ball somewhere near the corner post. There was almost a sigh of relief in acknowledgement that everything was back to normal.

Bannon's missed header was against St Pats of Dublin.

It was in the winter time anyway i remember that. Was in the latter stages of our good league run under JJ in season 97-98. Goram squaffed a clearance and Terry finished it superbly from the edge of the box. Twice we took the lead only for the huns to equalise in the dying seconds. Can't rememeber who scored our other goal that day. Might have been big Hammy.

Yeah it was Hammy and it was Albertz (i think) with a deflected free kick in the last minute to equalise. Never felt so robbed leaving Ibrox :mad:

Walter Kidd against rankgers (i think), getting absolutely ripped for erse paper, someone from the old seats shouted Kidd gie yer sel a shake and straight away he turned round and started wiggling his erse.

i mind vidar riseth for celtic dived at tynecastle and rolled about the ground like he swallowed his tongue. cheat but i was poorless at his shockin attempt at play actin

remember Vidar Riseths 'cross' against St Jonhston when he stuck it right on the head of a St Johnston player to head it in?

Has to be the Hearts fans last season at Easter road think it was 1-1 when we all started singing to the boy in the pink jacket, lets hope he make's an appearence next month:biggrin:

Archived