BBC Highlights

JamboMarc

Just watched it and we really need to tighten in defence. Weve been saying it for weeks and yet again we lose two goals we should never have lost. Wallace is being singled out, yes hes useless, but Zal and Berra need to get their act together aswell.

Berra should have done better at both goals but both goals were mainly down to Wallace.

Surprise, surprise no mention of our stonewall penalty claim.

I thought that mrowiec's (SP) shot had hit the post at the time but it seems it was cleared off the line... ah well still a miss but at least it was on target... any thoughts on him?

I trust Neil McCann will get as much stick as Elvis over his celebrations :mad:

Don't you mean Nheil McChann ? Or have I got that wrong :P

Nucky Thompson
I trust Neil McCann will get as much stick as Elvis over his celebrations :mad:
It's not as if he ran the length of the park beating his chest when one of his team mates scored:rolleyes: He scored the goal and ran away from the Hearts fans celebrating.

good to see wallace bursting a gut to get back for the first goal, never even attempted to stop the cross!!!!

All the major talking points are missing for me, Berra penalty claim, Nade thru Barr falls over blade of grass, too many posible yellows for Falkirk players to list (tye obviously never got them) Mikos tackle on keeper...........

Usual story - our lazy midfielders failing to track back cost both goals.

Karipidis not switched on for the first and lost the midfield runner McCann.

And Palazuelos in dreamworld for the second not picking up Arfield.

It is the reason why we should be forgetting about Jonsson at right back. He is our only midfield player with the energy to keep going for a whole game and he should be intensively coached on the holding midfield role.

jack D and coke

Jeez i see why Wallace has been getting it in the neck.

Great goal from Mikey Stewart. He's really found some form. He should definately be captain for me.

Usual story - our lazy midfielders failing to track back cost both goals.

Karipidis not switched on for the first and lost the midfield runner McCann.

And Palazuelos in dreamworld for the second not picking up Arfield.

It is the reason why we should be forgetting about Jonsson at right back. He is our only midfield player with the energy to keep going for a whole game and he should be intensively coached on the holding midfield role.

That's why despite a poor pass only a few moments before, I would not have subbed Karapidis for Palazulos. I've no doubt Palazuelos is a very good footballer but he just isn't suited for Hearts. It seems we've decided he will be a defensive midfielder. I thought it was noticeable last year that he either ball watched / or ball chased (I know - how can he win?) which lead to us losing goals.. With the benefit of hindsight bringing him on cold when we were pressing always had the potential for disaster (or glory). I promise I mentioned this to my mates at the substitution.

Mind you, if you take into account the number of goals Cameron and Hartley scored for us, tracking the midfielder breaking from deep, must be a nightmare.

Mikey Stewart for captain...........berra has nothing

At one point yesterday M.Stewart screamed at Karipidis to get the defence "get them fecking further out , get them forward" - it was notable that he said this to Karipidis not to Berra - regardless of official titles -it is clear that on the pitch that Stewart & Karipidis are the most vocal & who show the most leadership - early in the game Karipidis was explaining to Jonsson & Mrowiec how he wanted them to combine and where to position themselves.

While ther ws overall some pretty shambolick defending for both goals, both started with mistakes by Lee Wallace.

He'd been caught a couple of times prior to the first one and showed no conviction for the second.

Not good enough for me.

I agree ... based on this season stewart is the clear choice for captain...

the only time i saw berra get vocal was to argue with stewart about 20 minutes in.

I think as the season progreses we will likely see more and more friction between the two until Shabba acts by either telling Mikey to respect Christophe's roll as captain. or by instilling stewart in said role...

i know which one id prefer.

Berra should have done better at both goals but both goals were mainly down to Wallace.

Surprise, surprise no mention of our stonewall penalty claim.

:o Yup, would like to have seen that one again, wonder if it will be on setanta's effort, or is it the same?

wow!! a whole 2 mins 46 secs, excelled this time BBC!

:):P

Mikey Stewart for captain...........berra has nothing

He has no discipline tho mate.

Berra is (I think we all agree) not captain material but he keeps his head

Stewart scares me

The Old Tolbooth

I cant believe that everyone thinks out biggest priority is strikers with defending like that, if anyone thinks that Zal, Berra, and Wallace are good enough for our defence then they are seriously mistaken!!

Sure we're lightweight up front and it's so obvious that it's embarrassing, but if we build from the back then surely that will get us points because if you don't lose goals, then you don't lose games!!

I cant believe that everyone thinks out biggest priority is strikers with defending like that, if anyone thinks that Zal, Berra, and Wallace are good enough for our defence then they are seriously mistaken!!

Sure we're lightweight up front and it's so obvious that it's embarrassing, but if we build from the back then surely that will get us points because if you don't lose goals, then you don't lose games!!

Berra is the only one I'd have in defence.

Wallace would be best suited on the wing I think

I never thought i'd say it but we need Robbie

We do definately need a full back

:o Yup, would like to have seen that one again, wonder if it will be on setanta's effort, or is it the same?

:):P

It was just the same, no mention of stonewall penalty. Shocking highlights but to be expected.

The Old Tolbooth
Berra is the only one I'd have in defence.

Wallace would be best suited on the wing I think

I never thought i'd say it but we need Robbie

We do definately need a full back

Berra is the only one I would keep, but only if he was to play alongside an "Elvis type" figure with plenty of experience to bring him on, the rest I would ship out tomorrow, simply for being gash!!

Dr Ian Malcolm
Mikey has been far and away our best player this season but he could so easily (again) have walked for his petulant punch

He MUST work on that. I can understand why he is not club captain

Eh? Where does he even attempt to punch anyone? He gets up after being manhandled and dragged to the ground, complains a bit then walks away when the Falkirk player tries to get on his face.

I'd say he's improved his disclipline. Last year he probably would have shoved the guy over and been sent off.

I couldn't see it either.

It's always the same at Falkirk, they acuse you of diving when they've just snapped you in half and then acuse you of assault when you've done nothing at all. The fans get riled and the ref feels he has to do something. Thank goodness their all honest Scottish lads there.

Eh? Where does he even attempt to punch anyone? He gets up after being manhandled and dragged to the ground, complains a bit then walks away when the Falkirk player tries to get on his face.

I'd say he's improved his disclipline. Last year he probably would have shoved the guy over and been sent off.

how many times has Wallace been caught out and been guilty of loosing his man or position that has led to conceding goals, shaba must see this or are we all dreaming. :rolleyes::eek:

the stone rose

I think he "punches" (hammers his fist?) down on the falkirk players ass i think. seemed quite clear to me.

how many times has Wallace been caught out and been guilty of loosing his man or position that has led to conceding goals, shaba must see this or are we all dreaming. :rolleyes::eek:

Laszlo thought it more important that we have 6 goalies and an extra goalie coach on the books than an extra left back.:eek:

I think he "punches" (hammers his fist?) down on the falkirk players ass i think. seemed quite clear to me.

The way it seemed to me was that he was doing his usual "slap the ground" bit when he's been halved. Although it looked like he may have gone for the Falkirk player, I think he was just trying to hit the ground in frustration.

wasnt at the game nor did I listen to the game on the radio but from what I can tell from these extensive highlights:rolleyes: Wallace was well off the pace and Berra was guilty of ball watching for the winner

Nice goal by stewart but were was the defence for mcanns goal? i think we need to tighten up at the back if were gonna get anywer this season

its maybe not a punch but he def lashes out. could easily have been sent off.

stewarts a top class player and a vital part of our squad i agree if he made contact with the player he may have been sent off and thats not what we want! gotta keep the head and focus on a bit of success this season and csaba is the man to do it i believe!

Archived