• We'll struggle to make top 6

Yet....

When we win...

• We can push the Old Firm this season
  • We have the best squad outwith the Old Firm
  • Csaba picked the team and was tactically astute
  • Miko is God
  • We'll finish 3rd at worst

What I'm getting at here, is surely no other fanbase reacts in such an extreme way depending on whether we win or lose as the current Hearts fanbase does? I think the most honest assessment of today (Falkirk supporting mate and BBC match report), and I'm going by independent sources as I wasn't at the game, was that Hearts performed ok but ultimately lost at a tough away venue where we rarely take anything anyway?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality
Why is it when we lose....

• We're mediocre SPL rubbish
  • Our players are rubbish
  • Vlad picked the team
  • Csaba is rubbish
  • Miko is rubbish

Yet....

When we win...

• Miko is God

What I'm getting at here, is surely no other fanbase reacts in such an extreme way depending on whether we win or lose as the current Hearts fanbase does? I think the most honest assessment of today (Falkirk supporting mate and BBC match report), and I'm going by independent sources as I wasn't at the game, was that Hearts performed ok but ultimately lost at a tough away venue where we rarely take anything anyway?

Are you suggesting we throw a party in defeat? Just accept defeat, be happy and carry on regardless?

Visit some other teams fans forums, I think you'll find the mood on all of them reflect how they feel their club is being run and their latest result. You just hapen to spend more time on here, this forum is really no different from any other.

Are you suggesting we throw a party in defeat? Just accept defeat, be happy and carry on regardless?

Visit some other teams fans forums, I think you'll find the mood on all of them reflect how they feel their club is being run and their latest result. You just hapen to spend more time on here, this forum is really no different from any other.

So what other forums do you frequent? :hobofish:

Yes, it happens. Get over it, there will always be another game.

Because the fans were spoilt 3 years ago and have been in a mood about it since.

Pish!!

So you think hearts fans shouldn't be treated to that type of football and excitement that we had that season!:mad:!

Maybe that's why we'll never be a BIG club again with fans who think like that.

For a club and fans who believe we are the Third CLUB in Scotland we should be delivering a lot more than what we are doing -- Fact

Because the fans were spoilt 3 years ago and have been in a mood about it since.

:Agree:

Some are in so much of a mood they stopped going to games and instead choose to vent their spleen on the internet.

Pish!!

So you think hearts fans shouldn't be treated to that type of football and excitement that we had that season!:mad:!

For a club and fans who believe we are the Third CLUB in Scotland we should be delivering a lot more than what we are doing -- Fact

Uh huh

Last time we finished 3rd outwith Vlad, we won our first 3 home games, won an away game, lost an away game at Hibs and got pumped 4-0 off Rangers at home.

This start's well bad compared to that, like.

Like what?

Pish!!

Agree.

With a ?12Million wage bill (5 Times more than anyone else - outwith the OF)

We should be 3rd........and not just by a little...... BY A COUNTRY MILE.

:o

Agree.

12 million?

Todays squad costs 12 million a year?

siegementality
Yes, it happens. Get over it, there will always be another game.

No, you're all right, I'll continue to remain unhappy about Hearts getting beaten if that is all the same with you. I've done it for 41 years so it's a bit of a hard habit to break. It is interesting however just how many people on this board accept a Hearts defeat and just how quickly they "get over it".

Times they are a changing right enough.

12 million?

Todays squad costs 12 million a year?

Obviously. The accounts for 06/07 are a clear representation of today's team.

Agree.

i concur......:P

siegementality
as hard as you try? Sad really

Anyway given you've managed to rack up 15 posts in over 2 1/2 years I'd suggest you're the one spending time on other teams:hobofish: forums;)

Obviously. The accounts for 06/07 are a clear representation of today's team.

Even if it has been trimmed, by say a third...........no Pinilla,Bednar,Gordon,Tall etc etc.

Its still going to be Massively more than anyone else outwith the OF.

So yes........if we are being run as a business we should be expecting 3rd and by some distance.

:mad:

Nobody is happy to lose or accepting of defeat but some of the wrist-slashing that goes on on this forum is unreal ..... I wonder if some of these people have been supporting & watching the same HEARTS as I have for the past 30+ years?

badly drawn boy

• Vlad picked the team
  • Csaba is rubbish
  • Miko is rubbish

Yet....

When we win...

• Miko is God

Thats the problem , we do accept it -fecked out the cup by Airdrie and here we are today , no great surprise beat by a team with no points

That is mediocrity , we accept it -our history shows it , season after season of nothing , so the club owners know what they can get away with

Our historic success for what is a pathetic league is a joke ,4 titles in 130 years , hearts performed okay but lost in a tough venue , same old same old .Until we change our mentality , there will be no change

We are mediocre

I understand the OP but I don't actually agree. I think there is always realism from some who know we could quite easily have thrown away points against M'well and St Mirren just as we did today but equally could have nicked something at Ibrox or won the Hamilton game far more comfortably. The frustration comes, at least for me when the same things are obvious week afer sodding week and nothing is done or the same mistakes are made.

The transfer window was a serious disappointment and will in my opinion come back to haunt us but it's the regularly awful performances from the likes of Hobo Wallace, the lazy can't be arsed attitude of Kingston, the lack of leadership throughout the team, the playing of decent players out of position (today for instance Karipidis and Miko) and the totally inept strikers up front.

At the same time their are positives like Kello who so far looks very promising, the excellent move to play Jonsson at right back, the tremendous early season form of our captain in every sense but name Michael Stewart (who has proved me wrong for sure) and of course much of what Csaba has said.

It shouldn't always be black and white in defeat or victory but fans pay a lot of money to watch football and unfortunately due to all the deceipt and some of the terrible decisions made by our owner over the last couple of years there is going to be a lot of suspicion and trust issues for some time to come.

So yes........if we are being run as a business we should be expecting 3rd and by some distance.

I always thought that the problem according to many, was we are being run as a business, but not as a football club?

I'm lost.

Nobody is happy to lose or accepting of defeat but some of the wrist-slashing that goes on on this forum is unreal ..... I wonder if some of these people have been supporting & watching the same HEARTS as I have for the past 30+ years?

Many have but some want better for Hearts and are unwilling to let the custodians, management and players sleep walk through another season without at least questioning why we can't beat teams who have a fraction of our budget, resources, facilities or fanbase.

There's nothing wrong with wanting us to step up from mediocrity.

Anyway given you've managed to rack up 15 posts in over 2 1/2 years I'd suggest you're the one spending time on other teams:hobofish: forums;)

So how many post you have on KB determines if your a Hearts supporter, well there you go I better just give up now eh!

Nice to know your checking up on me though :-)

Many have but some want better for Hearts and are unwilling to let the custodians, management and players sleep walk through another season without at least questioning why we can't beat teams who have a fraction of our budget, resources, facilities or fanbase.

Precisely Sir. :)

• Vlad picked the team
  • Csaba is rubbish
  • Miko is rubbish

Yet....

When we win...

• Miko is God

I think all fans are just as fickle as we are to be honest.

That's fine but that isn't what Martin's talking about - we aren't the best team in the SPL but neither are we the worst - the same goes for most of our players ...... Hearts have always been less than perfect - accepting that is the reality of our situation and most of our history doesn't mean that you accept it / want it to be so and can't have higher aspirations.

As to why we can't beat teams who have a fraction of our budget, resources, facilities or fanbase.... well that's football - we could have asked that very same question in every single season I've supported Hearts - even Burley's team threw away a great chance in the CiS Cup at bottom club Livingston who'd started that season terribly......

siegementality

Yes I have, and infact I have been watching and supporting Hearts for longer than you, does that make me a better fan?

I get fecked off when Hearts lose or draw sorry if you find that upsetting. I do have a wee chuckle at the "it's always been like this, it's just what Hearts are like" brigade who seem to now be able to just accept defeat as "ay been". Well congratulations, I'm glad you've found peace with yourself, me I'll continue to feel passion for Hearts if that's all right.

That's fine but that isn't what Martin's talking about - we aren't the best team in the SPL but neither are we the worst - the same goes for most of our players ...... Hearts have always been less than perfect - accepting that is the reality of our situation and most of our history doesn't mean that you accept it / want it to be so and can't have higher aspirations.

As to why we can't beat teams who have a fraction of our budget, resources, facilities or fanbase.... well that's football - we could have asked that very same question in every single season I've supported Hearts - even Burley's team threw away a great chance in the CiS Cup at bottom club Livingston who'd started that season terribly......

I understand you accept mediocrity and that's your perogative as it is to defend why Romanov didn't get his cheque book out and spend a few quid on a striker or two. Your happy with Mole, Nade, Glen and Tullberg and that's just fine with me.

However many other's don't accept we can't be better on a regular basis and find the striking options unacceptable for a club of Hearts relative size. It looks like we are just hoping for a goal here or there from the strikers and gambling our whole season. That ain't good enough as far as I'm concerned and I hope Csaba will show some balls and tell Romanov that in due course.

Yes I have, and infact I have been watching and supporting Hearts for longer than you, does that make me a better fan?

I get fecked off when Hearts lose or draw sorry if you find that upsetting. I do have a wee chuckle at the "it's always been like this, it's just what Hearts are like" brigade who seem to now be able to just accept defeat as "ay been". Well congratulations, I'm glad you've found peace with yourself, me I'll continue to feel passion for Hearts if that's all right.

But not enough passion to actually go to games anymore?

siegementality
So how many post you have on KB determines if your a Hearts supporter, well there you go I better just give up now eh!

Nice to know your checking up on me though :-)

Two points:

1: You are the one who implied I was a Hobo when infact I have never signed on to their site and if the truth be told very, very rarely even look at any of the threads posted on here about them such is my lack of interest (hatred) in them.

2: Your post total is clearly visible in your user id, not as lot of "checking up" was really required.

In future if you don't want people to cast doubt on your allegiance to Hearts then I'd suggest you don't cast doubt on theirs. Just a thought.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Why do you care how other people react to defeats? Seriously, why does it bother you? I couldn't care less how other people react after matches, I only bother about how I feel. What's the problem?

Also, I'm loving the "we've always been mediocre" stance being taken by some people now. First it was 'Vlad will deliver success', then 'Vlad has a plan', then 'Vlad has a 5-year plan', then 'we're blooding youngsters', then 'we're cutting costs', and now it's 'we've always been rubbish'. How long until 'we've been in the First Division before', or 'Forfar have beaten us before, you know'? Any more of a climbdown and we'd be underground.

If we're more reactionary than fans of other teams it's only because we have a highly divisive owner whose mittens are all over every decision made at the club. It's a natural reaction. Hearts fans never reacted this way prior to 2006. So what's happened since then? Hmm.

Also, the 'they were spoilt and now they're angry' point of view is just gibberish. Pure and utter drivel.

• Vlad picked the team
  • Csaba is rubbish
  • Miko is rubbish

Yet....

When we win...

• Miko is God

I think it is because we have such a divided support at the moment.

We have those who are disappointed in the way the team is being run and who still see the same problems appearing this season as there were at the end of last season and we have those who want to be as positive as possible and want to see changes and progress in the team.

The problems come when after a defeat is usually when the lack of progress at the club can be seen, those who are disappointed with the way things are run come on more to express this disappointment, sometimes winning will paper over the fact of a poor display. When we win, those who want to view things in a positive light are on here more trying to emphasis that the team are alright.

I think both sides rub each other up in the wrong way - sometimes those who are disappointed will jump onto anything which appears negative and run with it, equally there are those on here who want to see the smallest thing as a positive and some go on about it irrationally to the point of stupidity. Anyway that's why I think it shows so much when we win or lose, each side believes the display justifies their standpoint.

siegementality
But not enough passion to actually go to games anymore?

See you need to get yourself up to date. In fact why don't I meet you before the ICT game and we can chat. Because I wasn't going to games doesn't mean I still am not;)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is a truly unique point of view. I have never encountered a football supporter who seemed to not mind his or team losing because they've been worse. Serious question though - where would you draw the line? At what point would you stop shrugging the shoulders?

I think it is because we have such a divided support at the moment.

We have those who are disappointed in the way the team is being run and who still see the same problems appearing this season as there were at the end of last season and we have those who want to be as positive as possible and want to see changes and progress in the team.

The problems come when after a defeat is usually when the lack of progress at the club can be seen, those who are disappointed with the way things are run come on more to express this disappointment, sometimes winning will paper over the fact of a poor display. When we win, those who want to view things in a positive light are on here more trying to emphasis that the team are alright.

I think both sides rub each other up in the wrong way - sometimes those who are disappointed will jump onto anything which appears negative and run with it, equally there are those on here who want to see the smallest thing as a positive and some go on about it irrationally to the point of stupidity. Anyway that's why I think it shows so much when we win or lose, each side believes the display justifies their standpoint.

In a nutshell, good post.

Romanov has divided the support more than anybody I know of in our history.

siegementality
Why do you care how other people react to defeats? Seriously, why does it bother you? I couldn't care less how other people react after matches, I only bother about how I feel. What's the problem?

Also, I'm loving the "we've always been mediocre" stance being taken by some people now. First it was 'Vlad will deliver success', then 'Vlad has a plan', then 'Vlad has a 5-year plan', then 'we're blooding youngsters', then 'we're cutting costs', and now it's 'we've always been rubbish'. How long until 'we've been in the First Division before', or 'Forfar have beaten us before, you know'? Any more of a climbdown and we'd be underground.

If we're more reactionary than fans of other teams it's only because we have a highly divisive owner whose mittens are all over every decision made at the club. It's a natural reaction. Hearts fans never reacted this way prior to 2006. So what's happened since then? Hmm.

Also, the 'they were spoilt and now they're angry' point of view is just gibberish. Pure and utter drivel.

Now that a certain poster has been suspended I can be liberal with the use of the word ditto again. Therefore my feelings are DITTO.

siegementality
This is a truly unique point of view. I have never encountered a football supporter who seemed to not mind his or team losing because they've been worse. Serious question though - where would you draw the line? At what point would you stop shrugging the shoulders?

When either Roman Romanov let go of one of the strings, or one of the strings broke, eh Charlie.

jamboinglasgow

that is it in a bombshell. We are acting like we are rangers and celtic when in reality we are no where near them. Face it we will have bad games, yes it is not great to watch but I honestly think we are improving and sad as it is the long term to me is what is looking good so we will slip up. We still have the squad from last season. The direction we have under Csaba will make us better but it will take at least a season before we can say we are much better from last season.

Sometimes I wonder was it the worst thing for Romanov to have finished 2nd and won the cup in 05/06 season as it set unhealthy targets. We saw him as a sugardaddy and the problem is that we still see vlad as that where in reality doing so would of put debt through the roof (as shown by the first two seasons) vlad is trying to make us more stable finacially and so we are going to have to accept we wont win every game. As long as we are moving on long term (which I think we are) then one game is irrelevent in it all.

Well I didn't stop shrugging my shoulders when Queens Park, East Stirling & Forfar all left tynecastle with better results than they hoped for or expected and we really were dire......but I wasn't happy getting beat then or now but I've seen a lot of defeats but not as many as Hobo's or plenty other teams fans as well though.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
that is it in a bombshell. We are acting like we are rangers and celtic when in reality we are no where near them. Face it we will have bad games, yes it is not great to watch but I honestly think we are improving and sad as it is the long term to me is what is looking good so we will slip up. We still have the squad from last season. The direction we have under Csaba will make us better but it will take at least a season before we can say we are much better from last season.

Sometimes I wonder was it the worst thing for Romanov to have finished 2nd and won the cup in 05/06 season as it set unhealthy targets. We saw him as a sugardaddy and the problem is that we still see vlad as that where in reality doing so would of put debt through the roof (as shown by the first two seasons) vlad is trying to make us more stable finacially and so we are going to have to accept we wont win every game. As long as we are moving on long term (which I think we are) then one game is irrelevent in it all.

I bet he does too.;)

I completley disagree. I don't think many fans believe we will be anywhere near what we were in 05/06 and I certainly don't think that anyone is "acting like Rangers and Celtic".

What we don't like is the complete lack of investment in the club. Frankly Vlad has done almost the least amount he can do by bringing in Csaba and has taken us from a fairly stable if unspectacular team to one filled with inexperienced players some of whom appear only to be their for the cold hard cash. We have no new players when it is clear we need so many, the majority of players we get now come via the pyramid system which is not yeilding players of the standard we need.

This is not about having the odd bad game, for me at least, it's about total lack of improvement in the side and the almost equal lack of interest Vlad shows in improving it.

siegementality
Well I didn't stop shrugging my shoulders when Queens Park, East Stirling & Forfar all left tynecastle with better results than they hoped for or expected and we really were dire......but I wasn't happy getting beat then or now but I've seen a lot of defeats but not as many as Hobo's or plenty other teams fans as well though.

Who gives a monkeys about the Hobos or other teams fans. Who gives a monkeys about when we were "really dire" (is that an admission that at the moment we are dire, but just not really dire?) You always have a habit of measuring us against something inferior to put a positive spin on things, the old things could be/have been worse routine. I'd like better than that.

siegementality
I completley disagree. I don't think many fans believe we will be anywhere near what we were in 05/06 and I certainly don't think that anyone is "acting like Rangers and Celtic".

What we don't like is the complete lack of investment in the club. Frankly Vlad has done almost the least amount he can do by bringing in Csaba and has taken us from a fairly stable if unspectacular team to one filled with inexperienced players some of whom appear only to be their for the cold hard cash. We have no new players when it is clear we need so many, the majority of players we get now come via the pyramid system which is not yeilding players of the standard we need.

This is not about having the odd bad game, for me at least, it's about total lack of improvement in the side and the almost equal lack of interest Vlad shows in improving it.

There's sometimes when I read a post I think "I wish I'd written that". Your's is one such post and I couldn't agree with it more.

Who gives a monkeys about the Hobos or other teams fans. Who gives a monkeys about when we were "really dire" (is that an admission that at the moment we are dire, but just not really dire?) You always have a habit of measuring us against something inferior to put a positive spin on things, the old things could be/have been worse routine. I'd like better than that.

How is it possible as a Hearts fan to NOT accept defeat? Following Hearts you WILL witness some disappointing & upsetting defeats I thought you were a 'realist' ? - you / we might not like that nor enjoy it but that is the reality of supporting our team AND most other teams.......how or what can you do to change the results if you don't accept defeats? (It just isn't logical - football is an emotional game) sure you can want or aspire for better and more but that is idealism not realism.

So are you a realist or an idealist?

In addition, I think this was actually a bad thing for the fans as well as it has masked the way the club is run now as we always compare it to that season rather than comparing it to something more realsitic i.e the way we were run before or the way other clubs are run now.

sorry, rant over

There's sometimes when I read a post I think "I wish I'd written that". Your's is one such post and I couldn't agree with it more.

Cheers:thumb:

siegementality
How is it possible as a Hearts fan to NOT accept defeat? Following Hearts you WILL witness some disappointing & upsetting defeats I thought you were a 'realist' ? - you / we might not like that nor enjoy it but that is the reality of supporting our team AND most other teams.......how or what can you do to change the results if you don't accept defeats? (It just isn't logical - football is an emotional game) sure you can want or aspire for better and more but that is idealism not realism.

So are you a realist or an idealist?

A bit of both. One thing I am not however is a defeatist.

Archived