Noel Edmonds - wee beardy twunt.

I P Knightley

Presenter Noel Edmonds has stopped paying his TV licence fee as he does not like the BBC's "threatening" manner towards those who evade the charge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7613938.stm

What's he on?

He's made millions on the back of honest folk paying their licence fee. Now he's coming out saying that the BBC (who made him rich beyond his talent) are being too harsh on those who illegally avoid paying the licence fee which, let's face it, isn't exactly a rip-off.

He might get fined a grand which is a pi55 in the ocean to him. However, by making this ridiculous stand, he's encouraging others to follow suit; others who may not be able to afford ?1000.

What an obnoxious little creep.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7613938.stm

What's he on?

He's made millions on the back of honest folk paying their licence fee. Now he's coming out saying that the BBC (who made him rich beyond his talent) are being too harsh on those who illegally avoid paying the licence fee which, let's face it, isn't exactly a rip-off.

He might get fined a grand which is a pi55 in the ocean to him. However, by making this ridiculous stand, he's encouraging others to follow suit; others who may not be able to afford ?1000.

What an obnoxious little creep.

i've no intention of following him but i dont believe I should have to pay a licence fee for the privilage of owning a tv hopefully more will come out and we can put an end to this 'telly' tax.

if I want to pay to watch the BBC then I will, but it should be my choice.

Daydream Believer
i've no intention of following him but i dont believe I should have to pay a licence fee for the privilage of owning a tv hopefully more will come out and we can put an end to this 'telly' tax.

if I want to pay to watch the BBC then I will, but it should be my choice.

Totally agree in principle. But given that I generally spend half my working day on their internet site I reluctantly conceed that I probably get decent value for money.

Given he's got previous for, you know, killing kids and stuff, I hope they bang him up.

I hadn't thought of that!

The BBC protected his career, throwing Mike Smith on the scrapheap as the scapegoat, and this is the thanks they get.

Given he's got previous for, you know, killing kids and stuff, I hope they bang him up.

I remember him visiting kids on Christmas Day..not killing them; what happened ?

What a coincidence : he gets a job at Murdoch Towers and starts slagging off the BBC.

Same as Littlejohn and that moron who writes the TV column in the Sun (basically , anything on terestrial TV is merde but Sky have the golden nuggets in a sea of dross kinda thing).

So Noel , if i stop paying my Sky subscription and my TV gets cut off would that be anywhere near as aggressive as the Beeb ?

PS How's the missus getting along these days

jambos are go!

If they made the BBC a purely subscription Channel IMO they'd be quids in and folk would be clammering for the licence fee to come back. Class is permanent as they say.

he thinks he's it now cause hes back on TV. surely one day he will look in the mirror and say, im actually going to wear this shirt on live TV.

Maybe he just found out he was paying Chick Young's wages.

Anyway, it seems he isn't debating that he should or shouldn't pay the license fee but more that he has a problem with the nature of the adverts that seem aggressive in their tone ie we know where you are etc...Big Brother or what? Is the image the BBC wants?

I disagree with him that he shouldn't pay the fee but he is quite right about the advertising. The DVLA are the same and there are other public service adverts that seem to think taking a hard-line in their advertising is acceptable. Take a hard line in your enforcement fair enough but why do they have to been so publically unpleasant? It just ****es everyone off.

Archived