Orlando on Derby day

pammiep

Anyone else going to be in Orlando for the Derby game in October. I cant remember the name of the pub we watched it in 2 years ago. Hoping they'll open early for this year's game.

It's across the road from Wet and Wild (I think).

There's a sports bar/restruant place called Beef O'Bradys in Kissimmee that's got plenty of tv's with Setanta etc on them. Caught a game overthere there before. Would imagine there's a few of them in Orlando aswell if thats the area your going to be in.

Anyone else going to be in Orlando for the Derby game in October. I cant remember the name of the pub we watched it in 2 years ago. Hoping they'll open early for this year's game.

The lucky leprechaun.

FTH.

Dagger Is Back
The lucky leprechaun.

FTH.

Dirty Celtic boozer. Would rather go to the Cricketers Arms (even though there's a cover charge) or try the George & Dragon just up from Wet and Wild.

The lucky leprechaun.

FTH.

That 1 is full of celtic fans and plastic paddies,your better at the other irish bar across the road beside the alligator golf thingy.Murphy's i think.We watched the november derby last year 1-1(NADE).The barman set it up for us on the big screen at 5 oclock(the setanta re-run at 10 pm our time ) JUST HAD TO AVOID HEARING THE SCORE.

Dirty Celtic boozer. Would rather go to the Cricketers Arms (even though there's a cover charge) or try the George & Dragon just up from Wet and Wild.

The whole Mercado center was supposed to be knocked down by now and the Cricketers was to be moved way up to the other end of Intenrational Drive. Don't know if this has already happened.

Lucky Leprachaun or Murphys then.

What is the date of the derby again?

Need to book my ticket down from the deen and the Hearts homepage wont load on my computer!

Nucky Thompson

Need to book my ticket down from the deen and the Hearts homepage wont load on my computer!

Sunday 19th October, 2pm KO live on Satanta

Cheers.

2pm KO's always leave me confused at full time.

I will be an hour fast for the rest of the day!

The whole Mercado center was supposed to be knocked down by now and the Cricketers was to be moved way up to the other end of Intenrational Drive. Don't know if this has already happened.

Lucky Leprachaun or Murphys then.

I was told the Cricketers is now up at the Festival Bay mall where Shelpers is.

We watched the game in the Lucky Leprechaun last time and it was pretty busy with hearts and hibs fans. Mac arranged with the owners to open early cos of kick off time. Think they charged a cover charge to cover the guy behind the bar's wages.

Pammie, that bar was indeed The Lucky Leprechaun - Scott (TXJambo) has moved to Orlando from Houston, and has got an arrangement with Derek at Murphy's to give us our own room so he can hook up his laptop, if it's on HeartsWorld, then Murphy's would be the place - the LL gets Setanta, but I think Murphy's also gets it, so it's looking like Murphy's - will confirm nearer the time - looking forward to it already.:cool:

I presume that you use Firefox? It doesn't get on with the Hearts site on my work PC.

Pammiep, not sure about Murphy's at the moment, but I think I can persuade Georgie and Terry to open up the LL at around 8.30am for a few friendly Jambo's - they'll need to know how many will be coming? There'll be me, Ralph, his squeeze Crystal, Scott (TX Jambo) so that's 4 - how many will be in your party, and I'll send them an e-mail - anyone else up for it, add to this thread so I can let them know the numbers to expect - having said that, they did open up for me and Ralph for the semi, so that was only two, but a few more did stagger in - look forward to getting together:cool:

I am down is West Palm. It may be worth the trip up to watch the game with some fellow Jambos. There is another Jambo down here also and my wife, well she has just married into it. Wears her #4 Berra jersey with pride. Got her pals kids Jambos tops when we were in Edinburgh this summer. We are building a fan base!!!

I am down is West Palm. It may be worth the trip up to watch the game with some fellow Jambos. There is another Jambo down here also and my wife, well she has just married into it. Wears her #4 Berra jersey with pride. Got her pals kids Jambos tops when we were in Edinburgh this summer. We are building a fan base!!!

TJ, so there'll be another 6 Jambo's? I'll send the LL and e-mail - let them know there should be around 10 Jambo's - maybe some Hobo's might even turn up!

TJ, so there'll be another 6 Jambo's? I'll send the LL and e-mail - let them know there should be around 10 Jambo's - maybe some Hobo's might even turn up!

Probably as seats....

Mac, there will be 3 us for the game. Flying on Friday 10 October and I'm getting excited. :):):)

Looking forward to seeing you again.

PP, just sent an e-mail to the LL - Scott is going to find out if Murphy's gets Setanta - don't like the LL, but to be fair, they do try and help out - it's the only bar I can find in O-Town where I can see Hearts.:cool:

I'm in Cyprus on holiday then with jambette and two junior jambos, hope I can get match over there. Anyone any ideas for me, or should I take my laptop?

Just read the above.... I sound a total w@nker (should I take my laptop?) , but would still love to see the game, will I be able to get it over there?

Aye m8, theres road works in gorgie and the 44 takes a detour past orlando so i'll maybe stop off and tell the driver to wait.

Scott, any news on Murphy's? Still waiting on a reply from the LL.

Ive not spoke with Derek yet but I know If its on Hearts World I will only need to tell him what time to open.

That's cool, Scott, meantime I'll pursue the LL so we have a back-up plan in case it's not on HW, and Murphy's doesn't get Setanta.:cool:

Ive not spoke with Derek yet but I know If its on Hearts World I will only need to tell him what time to open.

Scott,

I am expecting the 'royalty' treatment for the St Mirren and Hamilton game.

Buds & Burds Scott. ;)

PTBCAL, I like the sound of this type of "royalty" treatment - you can't get anything like that kind of "service" at the LL!:cool:

Mac if you can stay sober enough you might get that kind of treatment

Scott, I can stay sober if you can stop insisting on pints of wife-beater, which I'd never actually had before - what's next, cap-sleeve t-shirts?:cool:

Scott, I'm picking up Ralph and Crystal on the way, so will have at least two co-pilots - that way, if we get lost, I can blame them!:cool:

We were due fly out on the 13th for a 2 week holiday, but travel city direct have gone bust, gutted. :mad::mad::mad: Quoted ?4,ooo for flights only, so I'll not be Joining you guys for a beer.

• 4 weeks later...

Pammie, and all fellow Jambo's who will be in the Orlando area for the game on Sunday - the LL have previously confirmed that they will be open and will be showing it - just sent a wee reminder to them - anyway, I should be there around 08.30am - looking forward to seeing you all, the match, and a pint at that time on a Sunday morning - sets you up for the rest of the day(providing the result goes the right way, of course!):cool:

OK, was there at 08.20am, place was closed, hung around till about 08.45am in case they were late, PammieP showed up with her posse, another couple of Jambo's also appeared, we tried Cricketers arms, then Murphy's, then back to the LL, still no show - my apologies on behalf of the LL - not so "lucky" now, are we?

I'm fizzing!!!:(

Archived