No.16

Drylaw Hearts

HOG is a strange person - does he even support Hearts?

He also doesn't even think.....I'm not sure Hearts haven't always had the biggest budget outside the Old Firm? Maybe Aberdeen or Hibs maybe spent more than us sometimes but our respective crowds would suggest that we've had more resources / turnover than them most of the time - Hearts have also been overspending for about 10-12 years now and certainly prior to Romanov's arrival or how else does he think ?20 Million of debt was accumulated and the stadium almost being sold off ?

Hearts are / have been a mediocre club over their history slightly worse than Aberdeen in terms of trophies won but better than Hibs on this score and better than Hibs as derby records, higher league placings and better attendances shows and this applies to most other clubs as well.

Given Rangers and Celtic are two massive clubs both in a UK and European context and have their scale and popularity based almost entirely on the sad religious & sectarian divide that has blighted Scotland it gave them a resource base that no other NORMAL Scottish club can match that is why Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, Dundee Utd etc are all much closer in size to each other and have supports that reflect their natural catchment areas whereas Rangers & Celtic are nationally & internationally supported clubs even though the reasons for this are sad and shameful.

Hearts are what they are - of course they could do better and should aspire to do better - but they are MY TEAM and I am proud of them regardless of how good or bad they are in any particular season or regardless of what division they are in or have been in ...... are you sure you are actually are Hearts supporter HOG? From your comments above it doesn't seem like it to me?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being a mediocre club is one thing; mediocre performances on the pitch are quite another. Are you sure we're a mediocre club HoG? If so, what are your criteria for that?

I think you should lay off HOG, in fairness the expression "we're a mediocre club" probably means his own club and not Hearts.

In that vein he is absolutely wrong though. Hibs are not good enough to be mediocre - in a club stylee.

winston churchill
OK - i'll bite! Unless you are profoundly stupid i assume you are winding me up!

It is gross mismanagment because we have been transformed into a mediocre SPL club while other clubs have evolved to the same level at a fraction of the cost. It's a bit like Aldi's achieving the same figures as Tesco's while having 1/10th of their budget. Romanov has been a successful club owner in Lithuania. He has been a clown in Scotland. He was (quite rightly) laughed out of the country when he claimed (actually boasted) he would win the SPL.

If you genuinely want to believe Vlad's spending his own money on Hearts and not :rolleyes: simply increasing the HoMfc overdraft then its up to you. It's much more positive that way i agree

careful.your hobo mask is slipping.

portobellojambo1
I'm actually past the point of discussing the Kaunees (whatever nationality they are). Hearts will always be pish as long as they are associated with this joke club - that is a fact i'm afraid (yes i am also aware we were pish beforehand as well)

That is not necessarily so, but what we have to do is use the likes of Kaunus correctly, as in a feeder club. We have got Kello from them, and he has done nothing so far to suggest he is a dud (I believe Laszlo has indicated he believes Balogh is the better keeper) hence there may be the occasional player you will pick up.

My idea of feeder clubs, and I may be wrong, is you create associations with them so you then have first choice of the cream of the crop at those clubs, and you also use them to farm out your own youngsters to, so that the best youngsters you have on your books are getting experience of first team football before coming back to you.

We appear to be doing it erse to tit in many cases.

The only two clubs I can think of at the moment, off the top of my head, that use feeder clubs (I know there will be many more but as I said it is just off the top of my head) are Manchester United, who have, or certainly had, a relationship with a Belgian club (they should get the best they have to offer, and Man U's youngsters get experience with them) and Real Madrid (who use their feeder clubs similarly, I believe they recently created a feeder club in the USA to tap into that market, while sending their youngsters there to not ony gain experience but show the local kids what they can aspire to).

I think our problem is we didn't have any choice with regards to which clubs we created an association with. If this has all come about pre Romanov for example, i.e. if a previous owner of Hearts had indicated HMFC were going out and about to look at a couple of clubs they could use as feeder clubs, I think it is absolutely certain, 100%, that if it had been getting discussed on somewhere like here by fans the names of the two clubs the fans would have been hoping we would establish such an association with would not have been Kaunus and MTZ Ripo. This association is not through choice, it is through circumstances, and we are not, as I said originally, using it for the right reasons, which in my opinion should be to benefit Hearts. We could do, if selection was purely based on quality, i.e. bringing in better than we already have, or that could be found on the open transfer market, but that is rarely the case.

Cardiac Rucksack
This is probably a "negative" post that will probably go down like a lead balloon with the regulars but Falkirk were looking for there first win of the season today, and guess who they were playing? The writing was on the wall, the same could be said of pre Romanov teams as well.

I'm actually past the point of discussing the Kaunees (whatever nationality they are). Hearts will always be pish as long as they are associated with this joke club - that is a fact i'm afraid (yes i am also aware we were pish beforehand as well).

The point is I think Laszlo's honeymoon period is beginning to drip away. IMO (Probably a "nagative" one on here :rolleyes:) Hearts have been in a false position, with a series of narrow wins, and the only hard game they came up against (versus Rangers - who we were all told were pish i hasten to add;)) we were easily beaten.

My point is, yes there are bad players at Hearts. Yes we are being used as an eastern european trafficing system (thats Vlad's vision) but we are not untouchable and so called lesser teams are actually not inferior as we would love to believe, they just pay a lot less money to players who are a similar standard to ours.

Nice to see you back, been somewhere nice whilst we were winning games?:cool:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Pathetic summed up his performence perfectly.

Apart from that.....

No.16 is still clearly a Vlad pick.

:rofl:

Hurray! You must be absolutely delighted you get to make that "joke" again!

Francis Albert
Celtic have won ( i think) 47 league titles or something like that. Rangers have won even more than that - i think over 50. Hearts have won about 6! It is mediocre - and i think that is being generous. In reality it is utterly pathetic!

It's pretty grim that these facts need spelt out to some people. Easier to live in a fluffy bunny land, i suppose.

"About 6". You don't even know (or can't even be bothered to look up) the number of league titles your supposed club has won? And yet you feel entitled to pontificate on their standing in the Scottish game?

Chad Sexington
"About 6". You don't even know (or can't even be bothered to look up) the number of league titles your supposed club has won? And yet you feel entitled to pontificate on their standing in the Scottish game?

Why anyone takes this attention whore seriously is beyond me mate.

He admitted a long time ago he doesn't even go to the games. Why should anyone be interested in his worthless opinions?

His latest "thing" seems to be telling everyone what a mediocre club Hearts are and always have been, yet he has only a rudimentary knowledge of the history of the club.

He's a joke figure who only appears when there is bad news. If everyone ignored him he'd probably be found dangling from a light fitting in his bedsit.

:)

Archived