No.16

Drylaw Hearts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doctor FinnBarr
Drylaw wants to think he's clever by being the first to call him No.16. Clearly a clown

S'funny, I thought you were the clown!

:hobofish:

portobellojambo1
With all due respect PJ, you are being unfairly harsh, the boy did fine for his first outing in the SPL. He didn't do anything spectactular but he also didn't do anything wrong either. As debuts go I would say solid.

Sorry have to disagree JR79, I cannot recall him doing much right, I do recall him misplacing passes, failing to control the ball and one glaringly poor attempt at a headed pass on the edge of the box second half (don't get me wrong, he wasn't alone within the woeful category today, but many of those who came into the same category have already been dissected on here, so we knew what to expect from them). Today we got to witness someone we were told was a good player in a number of positions (I assume that is what the term "utility" means), and he produced nothing in any of them. While I agree it is his first outing I think your average football fan can make a relatively quick judgement, not before they have seen the player play, but after it. I have watched Kello , and I thought he looked like a decent keeper even after his first game, and to date it has panned out that way, Obua I reserved judgement on, because he has blown hot and cold, today I saw someone who is no better than players already at the club, which means he will not benefit the club.

Maybe I am wrong but I would like to see Hearts get better, and my idea of getting better is to replace existing players felt not good enough by bringing in better players, even at this early stage I do not believe we have brought in a player who will strengthen the first team. But that is only my opinion, and in the end it is the manager's opinion that counts, I, like all other fans, just have to watch it (badly worded I don't have to watch it, I choose to watch it).

chester copperpot
Sorry have to disagree JR79, I cannot recall him doing much right, I do recall him misplacing passes, failing to control the ball and one glaringly poor attempt at a headed pass on the edge of the box second half (don't get me wrong, he wasn't alone within the woeful category today, but many of those who came into the same category have already been dissected on here, so we knew what to expect from them). Today we got to witness someone we were told was a good player in a number of positions (I assume that is what the term "utility" means), and he produced nothing in any of them. While I agree it is his first outing I think your average football fan can make a relatively quick judgement, not before they have seen the player play, but after it. I have watched Kello , and I thought he looked like a decent keeper even after his first game, and to date it has panned out that way, Obua I reserved judgement on, because he has blown hot and cold, today I saw someone who is no better than players already at the club, which means he will not benefit the club.

Maybe I am wrong but I would like to see Hearts get better, and my idea of getting better is to replace existing players felt not good enough by bringing in better players, even at this early stage I do not believe we have brought in a player who will strengthen the first team. But that is only my opinion, and in the end it is the manager's opinion that counts, I, like all other fans, just have to watch it (badly worded I don't have to watch it, I choose to watch it).

As usual PJ, spot on, now away and scratch yer baws and order a pizza.

PJ1's statement "Away to go on JKB, scratch my baws and have a pizza".

Legend.

Doctor FinnBarr

Legend.

Of course!

PS. Ain't you away out with the mrs?

:107years:

Legend.

For his sake I hope he makes a better job of scratching his baws than he does of judging a players performance.

So you are 100% sure that Csaba is picking the team, deciding the tactics and substitutions, with no interference from VR, none whatsoever?

Yes. Or does Vlad only pick the team when we lose ?

The Old Tolbooth

Legend.

I hope he had the pizza before scratching he baws, either that or I hope he likes a 4 cheese pizza!! :eek:

I hope he had the pizza before scratching he baws, either that or I hope he likes a 4 cheese pizza!! :eek:

Mr Mitchell.....where have you been!!!! I'm peshed tonight and nobody's taking a blind bit of notice of me......i'm having a free reign!! Good to see you back!!!!!!!

siegementality
Yes. Or does Vlad only pick the team when we lose ?

I'm not saying that however, Csaba does say that the team selection is made "together".

Definitely not the worst debut for a Kaunas loanee.

He was willing to put himself about and did a huge amount of running.

A better manager than Laszlo would have seen that Mroweic had run his race by an hour and substituted him then.

He doesn't look magnificent but not the worst player we've ever had.

Doctor FinnBarr
Mr Mitchell.....where have you been!!!! I'm peshed tonight and nobody's taking a blind bit of notice of me......i'm having a free reign!! Good to see you back!!!!!!!

Peshed? I'm pashed!

;)

Definitely not the worst debut for a Kaunas loanee.

He was willing to put himself about and did a huge amount of running.

A better manager than Laszlo would have seen that Mroweic had run his race by an hour and substituted him then.

He doesn't look magnificent but not the worst player we've ever had.

That prize surely goes to Beniuseless against the Hobos, first game of last season :(

That prize surely goes to Beniuseless against the Hobos, first game of last season :(

Kurskis?

Big Beni was put in an impossible position that night.

I think you cannot judge a player on one game, I remember one young player at Hearts who we signed from a lower league club who in my opinion was **** poor to start with but turned out to be one of our greatest players his name was Craig Levein.

Grumpy.

Peshed? I'm pashed!

;)

Superb my young biker friend from the Smackburn area...... I 've no' been quite this pashed since the last time.....which was a long time ago......;)

I'm loving this logic that arises every time something less than pleasant happens to us. It's almost as if people will be more susceptible to hysterical nonsense when we've lost and are therefore less likely to question things...

Today, it's our new arrival who just so happens to have come from Kaunas. And people want to get stuck into him, so they insist he was only there because Vlad's picking the team. uh huh. Okay.

I dunno how daft you think people on this board are....but really...

:biggrin:

I'm starting to find this all a bit amusing actually. It's so bleedin obvious and cliched....

portobellojambo1
I think you cannot judge a player on one game, I remember one young player at Hearts who we signed from a lower league club who in my opinion was **** poor to start with but turned out to be one of our greatest players his name was Craig Levein.

Grumpy.

As I said grumpyespana it is a relatively quick judgement, and it is a fan's judgement, in reality it doesn't matter if I had said I thought he was poor today or if I had said I thought he was superb. It is not going to affect his contract at Hearts, because at the end of the day those of us making judgements on a football forum are not involved in the selection process, and as is clear from comments on JKB we each see things differently, and as a result probably expect different things. It is only opinions, and it all depends how others interpret those opinions. Some seem to take them very personally, which in all honesty I find a bit strange (I didn't agree with everything my parents said to me, or taught me as I was growing up, so I guess there is a fair chance that on an intenet forum others will express opinion I don't agree with, I will express opinions they don't agree with, such things happen)

I didn't think he offered a lot today, others have expressed a similar opinion, others have expressed differing opinions, I might disagree with those who thought he played OK, that doesn't mean they are not entitled to their opinion, and it doesn't mean I am right.

He may well be the dugs baws at Hearts, he may just end up being baws, only time will tell.

How do you know that?

Also what's the deal with Ruben? Why do we persist with Karipidis while Ruben warm's the bench, seem's strange to me.

According to Donkey, Csaba sees Ruben as being further forward than DM, which means he is probably in competition with Stewart right now. A tough job ATM.

Interesting that the one player who was definitely seen,scouted,signed by Vlad himself.. Ruben Palazuelos..is the one who has been left out this season ;) Where does that fit the "theory"??

was just asking myself same thing, people forget easy and target players who come from fbk its just wrong. other clubs in spl would love to have a couple of feeder clubs and if we have to have a few over who dont make it here just to get a couple that are decent well so be it

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just one point I'd like to make. From the sounds of it, Mrowiec had an average debut at best and was honking at worst. However, one advantage of playing a defensive midfielder in a wider area is that it will allow two strikers to play up front without affecting the balance of the team. We didn't do that sadly.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Interesting that the one player who was definitely seen,scouted,signed by Vlad himself.. Ruben Palazuelos..is the one who has been left out this season ;) Where does that fit the "theory"??

I'll stick my neck out and have a bash.:) It fits if the "theory" is Vlad being generally useless and unpredictable. He doesn't trust players and thus treats them in odd ways. Cesnauskis and Tall were both Vlad picks and both have been frozen out for long periods (12 months and 8 months respectively) for no apparent reason.

And that is the crux of the problem around Vlad's interference. This isn't Berlusconi telling Ancellotti to play Shveschenko, or Perez signing Zidane and Beckham. If balancing the books and producing youngsters is the way to go (and it is the sensible approach for a club like Hearts) then that needs to be overseen by experienced, talented football people with the freedom to do their jobs. On what possible grounds does Vlad venture to believe he is even remotely capable of controlling such a strategy. In three seasons with him in charge of footballing matters we've gone from second, to fourth, to eighth. I shudder to think where we might end up.

Thankfully, each line-up this season has at least made sense. This at least suggests some semblance of competence from somebody other than Romanov. There has been the odd obvious Romanov favourite like a central defender in midfield. But Ruben not playing is most definitely not proof that Vlad has relinquished control.

Bear me out on this one - and I appreciate I'm going out on a limb with this one - but couldn't the fact that Driver was injured have something to do with Mrowiec playing against Falkirk? Furthermore, the fact that Obua was injured too meant that Miko had to fill his role instead of Driver's thus meaning that Mrowiec was deemed the only one capable after Saulius to fill that role?

Controversial I know but what the heck!? Let's not ruin a good conspiracy theory to get us all shaking with rage (an old joke I know but it brings a chuckle). :laugh:

Clearly another Vlad pick.

If he (and I don't know as I wasn't there) had played a blinder, would this thread have surfaced?

No.

And can you please tell me why?

It seems you only live in one world. And it's a paranoid one.

It seems you only live in one world. And it's a paranoid one.

That being the case maybe he can give us some insight into our great leaders mindset seeing he lives in that very same 'world'.

That being the case maybe he can give us some insight into our great leaders mindset seeing he lives in that very same 'world'.

Maybe, I don't know much about the man but I have to listen to Drylaw's paranoic slavers every time I log in on here.

;)

This is probably a "negative" post that will probably go down like a lead balloon with the regulars but Falkirk were looking for there first win of the season today, and guess who they were playing? The writing was on the wall, the same could be said of pre Romanov teams as well.

I'm actually past the point of discussing the Kaunees (whatever nationality they are). Hearts will always be pish as long as they are associated with this joke club - that is a fact i'm afraid (yes i am also aware we were pish beforehand as well).

The point is I think Laszlo's honeymoon period is beginning to drip away. IMO (Probably a "nagative" one on here :rolleyes:) Hearts have been in a false position, with a series of narrow wins, and the only hard game they came up against (versus Rangers - who we were all told were pish i hasten to add;)) we were easily beaten.

My point is, yes there are bad players at Hearts. Yes we are being used as an eastern european trafficing system (thats Vlad's vision) but we are not untouchable and so called lesser teams are actually not inferior as we would love to believe, they just pay a lot less money to players who are a similar standard to ours.

This is probably a "negative" post that will probably go down like a lead balloon with the regulars but Falkirk were looking for there first win of the season today, and guess who they were playing? The writing was on the wall, the same could be said of pre Romanov teams as well.

I'm actually past the point of discussing the Kaunees (whatever nationality they are). Hearts will always be pish as long as they are associated with this joke club - that is a fact i'm afraid (yes i am also aware we were pish beforehand as well).

The point is I think Laszlo's honeymoon period is beginning to drip away. IMO (Probably a "nagative" one on here :rolleyes:) Hearts have been in a false position, with a series of narrow wins, and the only hard game they came up against (versus Rangers - who we were all told were pish i hasten to add;)) we were easily beaten.

My point is, yes there are bad players at Hearts. Yes we are being used as an eastern european trafficing system (thats Vlad's vision) but we are not untouchable and so called lesser teams are actually not inferior as we would love to believe, they just pay a lot less money to players who are a similar standard to ours.

I heard the Eastern European conveyor belt players (as you like to put it) are on a pittance.

The general take on our season so far seems to be we could have easily lost the games we won and won the games we lost.

Sounds like football to me.

I heard the Eastern European conveyor belt players (as you like to put it) are on a pittance.

The general take on our season so far seems to be we could have easily lost the games we won and won the games we lost.

Sounds like football to me.

I believe i used the term "trafficing system" ;) Hearts are now a sideshow to the football side of things. The main objective is to sell players on at a big fee and replace them with youngsters - kind of like a Crewe Alexadnra type model (not quite the dominant Champions League force Vlad envisaged ;))

And my point was not just about the Kaunees - I was referring to our horrendous wage bill which is still well in excess of Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hibs, and probably everyone else in the SPL bar the "big two".

Basically, gross mis-management on a colossal scale - which is off course perfectly acceptable.

I believe i used the term "trafficing system" ;) Hearts are now a sideshow to the football side of things. The main objective is to sell players on at a big fee and replace them with youngsters - kind of like a Crewe Alexadnra type model (not quite the dominant Champions League force Vlad envisaged ;))

And my point was not just about the Kaunees - I was referring to our horrendous wage bill which is still well in excess of Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hibs, and probably everyone else in the SPL bar the "big two".

Basically, gross mis-management on a colossal scale - which is off course perfectly acceptable.

So, it's gross mismanagement because we have larger wage bills than other teams in the league.

Go figure.

If Vlad's prepared to fritter his money away on Hearts, then so be it.

Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't quote your racist model word for word but I thought your spelling was repugnant.

So, it's gross mismanagement because we have larger wage bills than other teams in the league.

Go figure.

If Vlad's prepared to fritter his money away on Hearts, then so be it.

OK - i'll bite! Unless you are profoundly stupid i assume you are winding me up!

It is gross mismanagment because we have been transformed into a mediocre SPL club while other clubs have evolved to the same level at a fraction of the cost. It's a bit like Aldi's achieving the same figures as Tesco's while having 1/10th of their budget. Romanov has been a successful club owner in Lithuania. He has been a clown in Scotland. He was (quite rightly) laughed out of the country when he claimed (actually boasted) he would win the SPL.

If you genuinely want to believe Vlad's spending his own money on Hearts and not :rolleyes: simply increasing the HoMfc overdraft then its up to you. It's much more positive that way i agree

OK - i'll bite! Unless you are profoundly stupid i assume you are winding me up!

It is gross mismanagment because we have been transformed into a mediocre SPL club while other clubs have evolved to the same level at a fraction of the cost. It's a bit like Aldi's achieving the same figures as Tesco's while having 1/10th of their budget. Romanov has been a successful club owner in Lithuania. He has been a clown in Scotland. He was (quite rightly) laughed out of the country when he claimed (actually boasted) he would win the SPL.

If you genuinely want to believe Vlad's spending his own money on Hearts and not :rolleyes: simply increasing the HoMfc overdraft then its up to you. It's much more positive that way i agree

I'll bow down to your superior knowledge of the inner financial position of Hearts at the moment. I'm sure you wouldn't be basing your opinion above on nonchalant havering tabloidisms but the cold, hard financial facts.

Hearts might be mediocre in your eyes, but it's perhaps about time you walked in the shoes of another SPL football fan for a season or two.

Last season was patently poor. But that will not be repeated this year.

Being a mediocre club is one thing; mediocre performances on the pitch are quite another. Are you sure we're a mediocre club HoG? If so, what are your criteria for that?

I'll bow down to your superior knowledge of the inner financial position of Hearts at the moment. I'm sure you wouldn't be basing your opinion above on nonchalant havering tabloidisms but the cold, hard financial facts.

Hearts might be mediocre in your eyes, but it's perhaps about time you walked in the shoes of another SPL football fan for a season or two.

Last season was patently poor. But that will not be repeated this year.

Off course not... Old firm watch out :D

Off course not... Old firm watch out :D

What a witty little remark. I'm just disconsolate that Vlad has made a club that has constantly challenged the OF for the league into a mediocre, top 6 chasing joke.

Being a mediocre club is one thing; mediocre performances on the pitch are quite another. Are you sure we're a mediocre club HoG? If so, what are your criteria for that?

Are you honestly saying we aren't mediocre? I don't know where to start! :eek:

Ok lets begin with attendances, turnover and fan base....

I await the Vladites response i'm sure they're gagging for a cheap dig :rolleyes:

He'll disappear under the nearest bridge when we pick up our next 3 points.

Are you honestly saying we aren't mediocre? I don't know where to start! :eek:

Ok lets begin with attendances, turnover and fan base....

I await the Vladites response i'm sure they're gagging for a cheap dig :rolleyes:

Of the 3 factors you've stipulated, Hearts are superior to every club outwith the Old Firm.

Mediocre SPL club right enough, I'm coming round to your logic.

He'll disappear under the nearest bridge when we pick up our next 3 points.

Yeh like when we beat Hamilton 2-1!!! :eek: Darn that proved me wrong... Vlad's the real deal :D

Yeh like when we beat Hamilton 2-1!!! :eek: Darn that proved me wrong... Vlad's the real deal :D

What a strange little man you are.

Of the 3 factors you've stipulated, Hearts are superior to every club outwith the Old Firm.

Mediocre SPL club right enough, I'm coming round to your logic.

Celtic have won ( i think) 47 league titles or something like that. Rangers have won even more than that - i think over 50. Hearts have won about 6! It is mediocre - and i think that is being generous. In reality it is utterly pathetic!

It's pretty grim that these facts need spelt out to some people. Easier to live in a fluffy bunny land, i suppose.

Celtic have won ( i think) 47 league titles or something like that. Rangers have won even more than that - i think over 50. Hearts have won about 6! It is mediocre - and i think that is being generous. In reality it is utterly pathetic!

It's pretty grim that these facts need spelt out to some people. Easier to live in a fluffy bunny land, i suppose.

With p1sh like this, you've demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that you're a bona fide ******.

Now toddle along and entertain your sister/mother.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why do you waste your time supporting the club then? :rolleyes:

Oh, and PS, it's 4 not 6.

Post 87 you say gross mismanagement (Vlad) transformed us into a mediocre club.

Now you quote over a hundred years of history is Vlad to blame for that aswell.

How is fluffy bunny land by the way.

Archived