Cesnauskis, Obua and Driver out

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ksanavicius only has the legs now as an impact sub and Palazeulos seems not to be rated much by Csaba given he's played EVERYONE else before him not just Mrowiec.

People have posted that Ruben played wide left v Hull for 60 minutes - well Driver also played left back for an hour in the same match - neither of those tactics have been repeated in a competitive game.

JamboRobbo was taking his usual biased attitude towards anything Kaunas even before he's seen the player play.

Haha, sorry but a couple of things I can't let you off with there !

Nonsense, he played from the start in BOTH Lithuania's World Cup qualifiers and lasted 62 and 75 minutes

Give it time the way the Hobo at left back is playing you never know ! Ruben is being s**t on from a great height and I suspect it's got little to do with Csaba. Karipidis doesn't have a long contract does he ? ;)

Far be it for me to defend JR but he's right far more often than he is wrong and Romanov has created an environment whereby any sensible fan (other than you who are usually sensible) is suspicious of anything that goes on. It's already entirely obvious that we have made a huge mistake with not adding a left back and a centre forward to the squad and will now have to muddle through until the next window at least.

Ksanavicius might have started both Lithuania matches but he never finished either of them just as he hasn't played many 90 minutes for Hearts in recent times - he either starts & subs off or comes on as sub later on .... Obua & Kingston both start ahead of him now in recent games.

As far as I know Karipidis has one year left on his deal but Palazeulos has longer than that* - Palazeulos played more often in the pre-season games and Csaba has explained at a couple of Hearts functions why Karipidis has been preferred to him whether you agree or disagree with the reasoning.

*Ruben signed a 4 year deal according to this http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/PlayerProfilesDetail/0,,10289~40926,00.html

Ksanavicius might have started both Lithuania matches but he never finished either of them just as he hasn't played many 90 minutes for Hearts in recent times - he either starts & subs off or comes on as sub later on .... Obua & Kingston both start ahead of him now in recent games.

As far as I know Karipidis has one year left on his deal but Palazeulos has longer than that* - Palazeulos played more often in the pre-season games and Csaba has explained at a couple of Hearts functions why Karipidis has been preferred to him whether you agree or disagree with the reasoning.

*Ruben signed a 4 year deal according to this http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/PlayerProfilesDetail/0,,10289~40926,00.html

Changing your story. You said Ksanavicius's leg's could only handle a sub's role "as an impact sub" when in fact he starts international's !! He should have started on the left today allowing Miko to play on the right. The Pole was shoe horned into the team.

Your explanation of contracts fits my thoughts perfectly. As Romanov wants Zaliukas in the side he insists Karipidis is played in midfield as he thinks by playing him he can get a decent sum of money for him in January. With Palazuelos on a long contract there's no hurry to play him just now. Feck what's best for the football team, let's get the frips in.

Changing your story. You said Ksanavicius's leg's could only handle a sub's role "as an impact sub" when in fact he starts international's !! He should have started on the left today allowing Miko to play on the right. The Pole was shoe horned into the team.

Your explanation of contracts fits my thoughts perfectly. As Romanov wants Zaliukas in the side he insists Karipidis is played in midfield as he thinks by playing him he can get a decent sum of money for him in January. With Palazuelos on a long contract there's no hurry to play him just now. Feck what's best for the football team, let's get the frips in.

Ksanavicis has started 2 competitive games this season for Hearts and been subbed off in both of them - he has come on as sub in the other 4 matches , he fell out the starting eleven as soon as Obua was available and only been used as sub since - that is why I think he's only an 'impact' sub as doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes anymore - Nade doesn't have legs for 90 minutes at this moment either that is why they both sub on instead of starting........Ksanavicius didn't last 90 minutes for Lithuania either.

If Mrowiec was shoehorned into the team then so was Obua and so will Tullberg be - I happen to think it was the injuries to other players that created the opportunity for him to play otherwise why didn't he appear at Hamilton?

Ksanavicis has started 2 competitive games this season for Hearts and been subbed off in both of them - he has come on as sub in the other 4 matches , he fell out the starting eleven as soon as Obua was available and only been used as sub since - that is why I think he's only an 'impact' sub as doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes anymore - Nade doesn't have legs for 90 minutes at this moment either that is why they both sub on instead of starting........Ksanavicius didn't last 90 minutes for Lithuania either.

If Mrowiec was shoehorned into the team then so was Obua and so will Tullberg be - I happen to think it was the injuries to other players that created the opportunity for him to play otherwise why didn't he appear at Hamilton?

Ksanavicius is a naturally left sided player and should have started as the better option at left midfield which would have meant that Miko was played in his correct position. Either it was a mistake by Csaba or more likely his hand was forced. As for Tullberg being brought straight in, I should fecking hope so as David Blunkett would be more effective than Mole up front.

Guest JamboRobbo
There's no need to apologise for having the opinion.

It's just repeating it over and over and over and over and over ad nauseam on what seems to be every possible thread and taking the huff when anyone disagrees that gets people's backs up ;)

I've made about five posts all week. And they were on this thread. And correctly predicted the shoe-horning of Adrian into the team. I wouldn't say that was repeating ad-nauseum, just good observation skills.

I've made about five posts all week. And they were on this thread. And correctly predicted the shoe-horning of Adrian into the team. I wouldn't say that was repeating ad-nauseum, just good observation skills.

Why not just picked?

Because others were knocked down the pecking order to put him into the team.

Fair enough.

I don't believe there is or should be a pecking order and the sooner we get a physical presence in midfield the better.

Because others were knocked down the pecking order to put him into the team.

Who was knocked down the pecking order at right-midfield?

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair enough.

I don't believe there is or should be a pecking order and the sooner we get a physical presence in midfield the better.

Fair enough. IMO a pecking order is essential as it motivates players to earn and covet their spot in the first team. Without it, IMO squad players can become demotivated if they feel there is nothing they can do to earn a start.

Why is it only a problem for some people when Kaunas players are 'shoe-horned' into the team? Surely Obua was shoe-horned into the team and upset the pecking order and no doubt Tullberg will do the same - the fact is that most teams in the SPL give new signings a chance to play fairly soon after signing them to see how they fit in or if they can improve the team etc.

Why is it only a problem for some people when Kaunas players are 'shoe-horned' into the team? Surely Obua was shoe-horned into the team and upset the pecking order and no doubt Tullberg will do the same - the fact is that most teams in the SPL give new signings a chance to play fairly soon after signing them to see how they fit in or if they can improve the team etc.

It isn't, evidently Obua shouldn't have been shoe horned into the side either and given his performances I suspect Csaba know's that and has now decided to sideline him a few weeks before his confidence hit rock bottom ;)

As for Tullberg, well Stevie Wonder would get shoe horned in if he was a striker given the complete ineptitude of our lot.

Archived