Good luck to th British teams tonight.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Good Luck Scotland

Good Luck England

Good Luck N.I.

Agreed. And the yakki-dahs (even although they're a bunch of whingers) - they are doing well in Moscow at the moment. :)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Agreed. And the yakki-dahs (even although they're a bunch of whingers) - they are doing well in Moscow at the moment. :)

Is it fair to count the small part of England as a national team?

We only have one player from our squad guaranteed a starting place tonight, I'll be cheering him on, MON MIKO !!!!!!!:devlish:

best in the land
Good Luck Scotland

Good Luck England

Good Luck N.I.

good luck scotland

but hope engerlund and norn oirlund get pumped

Cairneyhill Jambo
Good Luck Scotland

Good Luck England

Good Luck N.I.

The English fans are now singing to the Croatia fans "Are you Scotland in disguise?" Oh the banter.

No doubt they'll blame the rioting later on the police.

Feck them. I hope the pommies qualify. It'll be great to see them self implode in the finals.

The English fans are now singing to the Croatia fans "Are you Scotland in disguise?" Oh the banter.

Feck them. I hope the pommies qualify. It'll be great to see them self implode in the finals.

Aah bless, still, support the home nations, our closest rivals.

:eek:

Did I just contradict myself ?, closest rivals, cheer them on :)

If that performance from England proves one thing, it proves Gerrard should be benched/dropped. Of course it won't happen as there would be a national outcry, but who cares as those will be the same idiots that will slate the manager when England fail to perform once they return to a Gerrard-lampard pairing.

It's obvious England are at their best when only Lampard is on the park.

If that performance from England proves one thing, it proves Gerrard should be benched/dropped. Of course it won't happen as there would be a national outcry, but who cares as those will be the same idiots that will slate the manager when England fail to perform once they return to a Gerrard-lampard pairing.

It's obvious England are at their best when only Lampard is on the park.

Well said my man, top post.

Well done to Scotland, England and Northern Ireland.

Also well done to Luxembourg who won 2-1 in Switzerland. I like seeing the minnows win.

Bunch of bigots/racists!

These halfwits who follow their country around the globe must have giant sized chips on their shoulders.

How dare they mock their neighbours and oldest rivals.:rolleyes:

The above is the sort of reply we'd have had from some on here had the Scotland support resorted to anything remotely anti english in Iceland tonight.

Fair play to England tonight, particularly Theo Walcott who is becoming a firm favourite quite quickly down here. Also congratulations to NI, an excellent result for them this evening.

Fair play to England tonight, particularly Theo Walcott who is becoming a firm favourite quite quickly down here. Also congratulations to NI, an excellent result for them this evening.

I thought Terry pretending to be kicked in the head was a hoot. :P

I thought Terry pretending to be kicked in the head was a hoot. :P

I look forward to seeing him at the Oscars next year. The bit where he lay on the ground hoping the ref would change his mind was the best part of the performance.

why would you wish good luck to england.2 things that happend this week .a brit lost in the tennis final and ended up a scot. and an english hero entered the ring and left as a **** 54 seconds later . now who do you support

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Bunch of bigots/racists!

These halfwits who follow their country around the globe must have giant sized chips on their shoulders.

The above is the sort of reply we'd have had from some on here had the Scotland support resorted to anything remotely anti english in Iceland tonight.

Outstanding post.

I await this reaction from the 'Alex Salmonds a Fatty' brigade. :):):)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
why would you wish good luck to england.2 things that happend this week .a brit lost in the tennis final and ended up a scot. and an english hero entered the ring and left as a **** 54 seconds later . now who do you support

I have not once, in over three years, seen a report on Andy Murray from any British news outlet that didn't refer to him as Scottish.

Fozzyonthefence
I have not once, in over three years, seen a report on Andy Murray from any British news outlet that didn't refer to him as Scottish.

The commentator on Sky usually (almost always) referred to him as a "Scot", although all the other reports (UK news or GMTV) I heard referred to him as "British" or the "British no1", so I think the usual paranoia on both sides here.

The commentator on Sky usually (almost always) referred to him as a "Scot", although all the other reports (UK news or GMTV) I heard referred to him as "British" or the "British no1", so I think the usual paranoia on both sides here.

In fairness tennis players are always referred to as 'British No...' - for eg, Henman was never ever referred to as English No.1, always British.

Murray is both Scottish AND British afterall. He is British No 1 and therefore is also Scottish No 1. Some people just like to get their knickers in a twist over **** all.

England can eat my ass for aw i care. Even though I live down here, I will never NEVER support them nor 'team GB' in any sport.

What with last night's result, it's going to be hard work when they go on to win the World Cup (yet again) in 2010. No doubt WHEN it happens - for it must - they wont even mention it.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE!!!!!!! Long live the tartan army and Diego Maradona

England can eat my ass for aw i care. Even though I live down here, I will never NEVER support them nor 'team GB' in any sport.

What with last night's result, it's going to be hard work when they go on to win the World Cup (yet again) in 2010. No doubt WHEN it happens - for it must - they wont even mention it.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE!!!!!!! Long live the tartan army and Diego Maradona

A few of my English mates read KB from time to time for Hearts news. They've been in Edinburgh for various games and even attended the 06 Cup Final. When they see disgusting posts like yours, it's no wonder they question why they follow Hearts and recommend the "Hearts experience" to their mates.

Incidentally, the fact you have a pic of Henry Smith as your sig, sums up your mentality.

Bunch of bigots/racists!

The Scottish support are always anti-English and have hijacked the St Andrews cross which is now nothing more than an anti-English flag. They somehow forget that it is a part of the flag of our country.

The Scottish support are always anti-English and have hijacked the St Andrews cross which is now nothing more than an anti-English flag. They somehow forget that it is a part of the flag of our country.

Scottish people in flying Scottish national flag shocker!:omg_2:

You obviously only consider it to be your national flag when its placed underneath a St Patricks cross and a St Georges cross.

If you see groups of guys traveling around singing songs against blacks and carrying certain flags then you are going to link the two (the flag and the song)

We see groups of rowdy drunken Scots traveling the world telling everyone they hate the English and carrying the St Andrews cross.

It is only natural that people think this is a banner that promotes racism.

A few of my English mates read KB from time to time for Hearts news. They've been in Edinburgh for various games and even attended the 06 Cup Final. When they see disgusting posts like yours, it's no wonder they question why they follow Hearts and recommend the "Hearts experience" to their mates.

Incidentally, the fact you have a pic of Henry Smith as your sig, sums up your mentality.

You have friends?

And what's wrong with Henry? The fact he's English doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I have many, many English friends. I live in London FFS! What I'm talking about is football. Separate it from whatever your ideologies are. As far as im concerned, England are our sporting enemy in the same way Hibs are.

Is it 'disgusting' to read so many anti-hobo posts??

What would put me off following the 'Hearts experience' would be the idiots waving union jacks and ulster flags (it's a very, very small minority, but it happens) and singing *** songs.

Fact is i love Hearts and they've been part of my family for generations, so it doesnt

If you see groups of guys traveling around singing songs against blacks and carrying certain flags then you are going to link the two (the flag and the song)

We see groups of rowdy drunken Scots traveling the world telling everyone they hate the English and carrying the St Andrews cross.

To be fair there are other flags that most would more readily associate with racism. :whistling:

That brought a tear to my eye.

Genuinely.

Big bad Chelski fans getting all upset about a message on a internet board.

Boo hoo.

That brought a tear to my eye.

Genuinely.

Big bad Chelski fans getting all upset about a message on a internet board.

Boo hoo.

Oh are his mates Chelsea fans?? I do take everything back. Such humanitarians as Chelsea fans would ver-near faint at the thought of a touch of sporting xenophobia.

I'm humbled. Humbled I tells ya. Tear to a glass eye that stuff.

And what's wrong with Henry? The fact he's English doesn't bother me in the slightest.

IIRC Henry was'nt English. I think he was born in Ayrshire and his family moved to Leeds when he was a youngster. Would'nt take bets on it though.

The White Cockade

Anti Scottish posters on here get on the easily offended bus when confronted with Anti English posts shocker

The same anti Scottish posters who are anti Ireland, anti Pressley in fact anti everything not draped in a Union flag

The same anti Scottish posters who tried to stand up for the Rangers yobs in Manchester and think the Sash etc are football songs and non sectarian

The same anti Scottish posters who support the BNP but think the SNP are fascists

You couldn't make it up............

Send the trollers homewards to think again

Anti Scottish posters on here get on the easily offended bus when confronted with Anti English posts shocker

The same anti Scottish posters who are anti Ireland, anti Pressley in fact anti everything not draped in a Union flag

The same anti Scottish posters who tried to stand up for the Rangers yobs in Manchester and think the Sash etc are football songs and non sectarian

The same anti Scottish posters who support the BNP but think the SNP are fascists

You couldn't make it up............

Send the trollers homewards to think again

I think you would be surprised to find that some of the "Anti Scottish" posters you refer to boast Scotland tattoos and wear Scotland tops when we are playing. FACT. :)

They just can't be arsed with the SNP, they support the Union and despise the over the top "Brigadoon brigade". That is entirely different from being "anti Scottish".

I voted SNP, and I always want England to get pumped rotten in every sporting event. And there's not a thing you unionists can do about either of those facts. :)

The White Cockade
I think you would be surprised to find that some of the "Anti Scottish" posters you refer to boast Scotland tattoos and wear Scotland tops when we are playing. FACT. :)

They just can't be arsed with the SNP, they support the Union and despise the over the top "Brigadoon brigade". That is entirely different from being "anti Scottish".

yes a lot of them come on here with their "support the Union" stuff

can't see what that has to do with football myself

sorry but they have an agenda all of their own

and its nothing to do with Brigadoon

ps do the Scotland tattoos not clash with the King Billy/Chelsea ones ;)

yes a lot of them come on here with their "support the Union" stuff

can't see what that has to do with football myself

sorry but they have an agenda all of their own

and its nothing to do with Brigadoon

ps do the Scotland tattoos not clash with the King Billy/Chelsea ones ;)

And exactly the same can be said of the obvious fans of the SNP.....:rolleyes:

IIRC Henry was'nt English. I think he was born in Ayrshire and his family moved to Leeds when he was a youngster. Would'nt take bets on it though.

Yer right there mate.He is Scottish but brought up in Yorkshire. Worked as a miner before going pro football.

Was my fave player growing up! Top bloke too. I spilt a glass of coke on him when I was 7!

FWIW, on the ongoing nationalistic debate - My Scottishness and support of independence (not an SNP'er however) does not inhibit me in any way in keeping an open mind. It's about tolerance for me and also being able to separate football from 'real' life. Some (the bnp, combat 18 morons) can't do this.

In my local in Scotland, each time England play, we have a theme day for the opposition (ie, they play Paraguay, we dress Paraguayan and eat enchaladas, Sweden - it's meatballs and Abba....). We have a right old laugh shouting against ENgland.

The good thing is, we have a few English regulars who come in and join in the fun, eat the food and banter away. After the game we all get pisht together. How it should be.

I have many, many English friends. I live in London FFS! What I'm talking about is football. Separate it from whatever your ideologies are. As far as im concerned, England are our sporting enemy in the same way Hibs are.

Is it 'disgusting' to read so many anti-hobo posts??

What would put me off following the 'Hearts experience' would be the idiots waving union jacks and ulster flags (it's a very, very small minority, but it happens) and singing *** songs.

Fact is i love Hearts and they've been part of my family for generations, so it doesnt

one of the best and sensible posts on this forum for a while, some reality has been needed for a while. agree entirely

I voted SNP, and I always want England to get pumped rotten in every sporting event. And there's not a thing you unionists can do about either of those facts. :)

How do you vote SNP from all the way over in Kaunas, Aceyiuskas ? :P

BTW I agree with you :thumb:

Yer right there mate.He is Scottish but brought up in Yorkshire. Worked as a miner before going pro football.

Was my fave player growing up! Top bloke too. I spilt a glass of coke on him when I was 7!

FWIW, on the ongoing nationalistic debate - My Scottishness and support of independence (not an SNP'er however) does not inhibit me in any way in keeping an open mind. It's about tolerance for me and also being able to separate football from 'real' life. Some (the bnp, combat 18 morons) can't do this.

In my local in Scotland, each time England play, we have a theme day for the opposition (ie, they play Paraguay, we dress Paraguayan and eat enchaladas, Sweden - it's meatballs and Abba....). We have a right old laugh shouting against ENgland.

The good thing is, we have a few English regulars who come in and join in the fun, eat the food and banter away. After the game we all get pisht together. How it should be.

The sad thing is that there are some folk who would call you a Bigot for that bit of harmless fun.

you would

Love my country and obviously want Scotland to win

HOWEVER I find it difficult to get passionate and overly excited about an Old firm select which what effectively the National Team is

I got more excited watching Chris Hoy in the Velodrome, the Scottish Snooker players in Sheffield or Andy murray playing tennis

I despise the West of Scotland, despise the SFA and hate the Scottish media

Oh and utterly despise the Tartan Army

The anti-English sentiment is Scotland makes me cringe (almost as much as the Scottish prediliction for wearing sports clothes all the time:)).

I know their sports commentators can be erses at times, I know they think God is an Englishman, I know a lot of them think the wogs start at Calais, but the unhealthy obsession with them holds this country back I think. A bit like McConnell's ultimate goal to be the 'best small country in the world' nonsense.

I define Scotland by it's achievements, inventiveness, friendliness, culture and endeavour, not by England's failings.

There's nothing unusual about 'big neighbour syndrome'. Asks the Dutch or Belgians about the Germans....is it holding them back? :rolleyes:

I agree to a certain extent but feel we take it to the extreme. Maybe the Dutch and the Belgians don't let it hold them back?

These countries dislike for the gerries is a lot more recent and relevant but despite this I don't feel it is the everyday topic it is here, certainly not in Holland anyway.

Saying that though, the biggest fight I ever saw was after the Brazil Holland game in the 1994 world cup. Brazil 2-0 up and Holland got it back to 2-2 only to lose a late goal I think, final score was 3-2 Brazil.

I was on a campsite in France watching the match with about 300 Dutchies in the bar. There was also loads of gerries in the bar who went seriously mental when Brazil scored their third goal. There was about a 5 second pause, then the biggest bar brawl I have ever seen erupted.

I was getting served at the time and was caught up in the middle of it.

However, being a true Scot I made it back to my seat with 3 beers in my hand without spilling a drop and settled down to watch the action!

Most Scots see it as a bit of rivalry and enjoy the banter with English friends, relatives and colleagues. A minority though, take it way too seriously.... :rolleyes:

Englishness is not a race, so it's not racism.

I agree it's odd not to support a group of players who don't live in the same country as you though. Why support Argentina or Germany, both countries we've actually been at war with in living memory, over England?

Archived