Doe a deer - erra fishell Iceland v Scotland thread

Therapist

2-0 England. Great news for the home nations. :)

Game's over so no fate to be tempted.

Congratulations to Scotland are due from yourself.

:)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Game's over so no fate to be tempted.

Congratulations to Scotland are due from yourself.

:)

And to Pressley and the many Celtic players on the pitch for helping to make it such a great day for the home nations. :)

Got the result anyway. Well done Scotland!

on a side note luxembourg won. possibly their first ever away win? or first away win in a considerable time.

I think we can all agree this is great news for the home nations. Just looking for Nothern Ireland to get a goal in the last 5 mins! Stil la draw with Czech is a great achievement.

Goal for England - hat trick for Walcott. That's great news for the home nations. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Goal for England - hat trick for Walcott. That's great news for the home nations. :)

Should signal the end of Beckhams international career. :)

A fantastic 0-0 draw for Northern Ireland against the Czech Republic. Congratulations to them - great news for the home nations. :)

A fantastic 0-0 draw for Northern Ireland against the Czech Republic. Congratulations to them - great news for the home nations. :)

yes we get the point you support all things blue white and red.

I know four gents and two ladies who used to work for me in the Netherlands. They hate it when people refer to their country as Holland.

Netherlands is the name of the country as a whole. Holland is the region that includes Rotterdam, Amsterdam, The Hague and Utrecht. As for the first part, still living out that online fantasy eh....:o

As for the first part, still living out that online fantasy eh....:o

One of many.....

mitty_thumb.jpg

So why did the iceland player stay on

Been watching it in the boozer and just home.

It's because the ref knows the rules.

McFadden going away from goal therefore not a goalscoring opportunity and not a sending off against a deliberate handball in the box so a sending off.

A couple of years ago I couln't believe a Sunday Amatueresque huddy like McManus was playing international football - but he changed my mind - I should have went with my original gut feel - that's 1 game he cost us with stupid lunges and then nearly cost us tonight with a stupid handball. I don't accept his excuse the forward pushed him

Well done Scotland tonight. My gut feel? 1 goal and a couple of good interceptions doesn't make Broadfoot an international class defender.

Sickening shot of Jhudas Presslehy's boat there. :boak:

Just keep watching the England game and leave your primary school bitterness behind.

It was a great evening for the Home Nations.

Should signal the end of Beckhams international career. :)

Again???!!! :eek: How many signals does that guy need? :)

Guest Dipped Flake
My God, just how many times did 16:20 say "great news for the home nations"?

Every time a home nation that wasn't Scotland and has gstq as their anthem scored a goal. Surely you know the score by now with him. Keep saying oiver and over and over, just ignore him. Well done Burley, Butcher and Pressley for masterminding this win (from the pictures it seemed to be Pressley that was doing most of the work on the touchlines)

John Gentleman
Netherlands is the name of the country as a whole. Holland is the region that includes Rotterdam, Amsterdam, The Hague and Utrecht. As for the first part, still living out that online fantasy eh....:o

There still remains the wee question of why the Dutch supporters chant "Hollant" at their matches rather than "Nederlands""??

.....who cares anyway - they're all a bunch of arrogant, humourless tossers.

IMHO.

There still remains the wee question of why the Dutch supporters chant "Hollant" at their matches rather than "Nederlands""??

IMHO.

:rolleyes:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QUyD5RXEeY8

Surely you know the score by now with him. Keep saying oiver and over and over, just ignore him.

I posted legitimate football related comments.

Interesting to see this thread still going so long after the game ended. If I were a fisherman - which I'm not - I must be damn good at it as people just can't help replying to my insightful and thought provoking posts. Including yourself. ;)

I posted legitimate football related comments.

Interesting to see this thread still going so long after the game ended. If I were a fisherman - which I'm not - I must be damn good at it as people just can't help replying to my insightful and thought provoking posts. Including yourself. ;)

So you don't admit you go fishing for replies?

So you don't admit you go fishing for replies?

Er, why would I admit something I don't do? :rolleyes:

I love debate and, like anyone else, appreciate replies that move a topic along, but I don't go "fishing" in the negative context. :)

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :cool:

Er, why would I admit something I don't do? :rolleyes:

I love debate and, like anyone else, appreciate replies that move a topic along, but I don't go "fishing" in the negative context. :)

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :cool:

Yep, you are a liar.

Yep, you are a liar.

Be a good lad and let it lie. ;) This is a football forum, not a medium to indulge your petty arguments and prejudices.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation. :)

Be a good lad and let it lie. ;) This is a football forum, not a medium to indulge your petty arguments and prejudices.

Be a good lad and admit you're a liar/wind up merchant ;)

IMHO.

I think it's a simple case John, that the majority of dutch football fans come from the 4 cities within the Holland region. I may be wrong but I think Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht and The Hague are the 4 biggest cities in the Netherlands. Eindhoven and Arnhem may be relatively close in size to Utrecht and the Hague, but Rotterdam and Amsterdam are by far the biggest.

I think it's a simple case John, that the majority of dutch football fans come from the 4 cities within the Holland region. I may be wrong but I think Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht and The Hague are the 4 biggest cities in the Netherlands. Eindhoven and Arnhem may be relatively close in size to Utrecht and the Hague, but Rotterdam and Amsterdam are by far the biggest.

Correct Martin - Holland is a region not the whole nation or state of the Netherlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland

This is Holland's coat of arms.

holland100.gif

It's never stopped you though, has it! :laugh:

Archived