Fat Al and the Braveheart brigade (merged threads).

Guest S.U.S.S.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
REDUCING class sizes across Scotland is an unworkable, undesirable and illegal policy, claim Conservative MSPs

Elizabeth Smith, Conservative schools spokeswoman, said: "We are not saying it is a bad thing to have smaller class sizes
:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Guest S.U.S.S.
"Conservative MSPs claim...."

Well you'd hardly expect the Tories to lavish them with praise, would you.

Not with their performance on this issue no.

Billy the Jambo
http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Tories-claim-SNP-class-size.4474805.jp

Another failure to deliver.

Seems they underestimated how hard it was to lead compared to shouting from accross the benches.

Not as many lies and failures we will all have to suffer when Brown loses the next election .When Cameron and his Eton toffs get in then god help us all .The ordinary working man won,t stand a chance

Seems they underestimated how hard it was to lead compared to shouting from accross the benches.

The guy is just a fat f**ing fascist!

I just wish he would concentrate on matters that are vital like Health and crime

Guest S.U.S.S.
Not as many lies and failures we will all have to suffer when Brown loses the next election .When Cameron and his Eton toffs get in then god help us all .The ordinary working man won,t stand a chance

Please try and stick to the topic and article posted, your dealing in supposition and conjecture not facts.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I just wish he would concentrate on matters that are vital like Health and crime

Well its a crime his lot are in and he dont look healthy so i think thats why they avoif those issue. Its not like we have all those extra police officers yet so they may avoid crime a bit longer.

Is education not a vital matter? Or is that because it doesnt affect you directly?

A simple general query from my good self...

The People's Chimp

you do know how contradictory that statement is, don't you?

Salmond is many things, but he's certainly not a fascist.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Is education not a vital matter? Or is that because it doesnt affect you directly?

A simple general query from my good self...

I would agree with you, its vital chldren get a good education. They are the future of Britain after all.

I'm sure I8 will agree, but as he doesnt have kids its perhaps not his highest priority.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Sorry i didnt relaise you had been given ultimate authority to decide what can and cannot be discussed on the board.

Yes I have.

Now go away.

The People's Chimp

If you want to attack the snp, perhaps this would have been a more apt article for you to quote:

http://news.scotsman.com/scottishnationalparty/Salmond--takes--gamble.4461920.jp

Indeed, John Curtice, Professor of Politics at Strathclyde University, described the SNP Scottish Government yesterday as "the biggest tax-cutting government we have seen since the Tories". According to Prof Curtice, the local income tax is also actually a tax cut as the Scottish Government was investing ?281 million in subsidising the new tax, money which was not available at the moment to subsidise the council tax.

Salmond is banking on tax cuts, as well as populist financial gestures such as free hospital parking and binning the tolls on the forth rd bridge winning over the electorate and ultimately winning him a referendum. Sadly for scotland, this policy is only aimed at winning indepence and has no long term strategic value in terms of scotland's debt, which will increase, especially if all of these costs are no longer centrally funded by westminster, or economy.

We will see rising costs, for example the forth rd bridge at ?4-5 billion, and nothing there to fund them. It's a disaster waiting to happen, yet the nats don't care, as long as they can achieve indepence. So what if, in a theoretical independent scotland, alex then has to ramp up taxes to a ludicrous level to pay off the debts racked up, he wont care, as his ultimate goal - independence - will have been achieved.

All of the snp's gesture politics are coming at a significant cost.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Are you going to enter the debate or simply troll the thread?

I just noticed that most of your posts seem to be politics based so thought you might appreciate that link.

Obviously not. :sad:

Guest S.U.S.S.
I just noticed that most of your posts seem to be politics based so thought you might appreciate that link.

Obviously not. :sad:

Most of my posts?

Sorry, you have the wrong person.

Many thanks for the thought tho.

If you want to attack the snp, perhaps this would have been a more apt article for you to quote:

http://news.scotsman.com/scottishnationalparty/Salmond--takes--gamble.4461920.jp

Salmond is banking on tax cuts, as well as populist financial gestures such as free hospital parking and binning the tolls on the forth rd bridge winning over the electorate and ultimately winning him a referendum. Sadly for scotland, this policy is only aimed at winning indepence and has no long term strategic value in terms of scotland's debt, which will increase, especially if all of these costs are no longer centrally funded by westminster, or economy.

We will see rising costs, for example the forth rd bridge at ?4-5 billion, and nothing there to fund them. It's a disaster waiting to happen, yet the nats don't care, as long as they can achieve indepence. So what if, in a theoretical independent scotland, alex then has to ramp up taxes to a ludicrous level to pay off the debts racked up, he wont care, as his ultimate goal - independence - will have been achieved.

All of the snp's gesture politics are coming at a significant cost.

Independence followed by huge tax cuts and huge public spending cuts, reductions in the size of the State, a return to increases in civil liberties, progressive immigration policies etc could be absolutely invigorating for Scotland.

Not sure that the SNP is the party to provide them though.

Miller Jambo 60
Most of my posts?

Sorry, you have the wrong person.

Many thanks for the thought tho.

Slag SNP all you want suss but the fact is, that ENGLISH lot (TORIES)will be in power soon.

Are you looking forward to that?

And theres nothing in Scotland we can do about it.

Until certain people wake up to the fact that we can govern ourselves without having to pander to westminster.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Slag SNP all you want suss but the fact is, that ENGLISH lot (TORIES)will be in power soon.

Are you looking forward to that?

And theres nothing in Scotland we can do about it.

Until certain people wake up to the fact that we can govern ourselves without having to pander to westminster.

Whats wrong with being English?

The article you've posted is about Tory claims that re-jigging class sizes is "illegal" (amongst other things).

Can you explain how changing class size targets is against the law :rolleyes:and also point out what "lies" fat Alex is meant to have spun ?

Miller Jambo 60
Whats wrong with being English?

Okay lets go down the Thatcher road.

How many people were thrown on the scrap heap when that tyrant was in power.

We talk about illegal wars now, but she had us down in the Falklands for a war that should never had happened.

Destroyed the miners.

Conned folks to buy their homes.

Please dont tell me you are a Tory.

I was a Labour man for years (SHOP STEWARD) but Blair and now Brown with their new labour ways make me cringe.

Take it you are English with that response to me ,or just a feeble attempt to wind me up.:mad:

Guest S.U.S.S.
The article you've posted is about Tory claims that re-jigging class sizes is "illegal" (amongst other things).

Can you explain how changing class size targets is against the law :rolleyes:and also point out what "lies" fat Alex is meant to have spun ?

I didnt say it was against the law, its all in the article.

Guest S.U.S.S.

1 How many people were thrown on the scrap heap when that tyrant was in power.

2 We talk about illegal wars now, but she had us down in the Falklands for a war that should never had happened.

3 Destroyed the miners.

4 Conned folks to buy their homes.

5 Please dont tell me you are a Tory.

6 I was a Labour man for years (SHOP STEWARD) but Blair and now Brown with their new labour ways make me cringe.

7 Take it you are English with that response to me ,or just a feeble attempt to wind me up.:mad:

1 Dont Know

2 They invaded our Island

3 As did the Unions

4 Conned? Harldy

5 OK

6 I agree they are a disgrace

7 Not English mate, A proud Scot and Proud Brit.

Miller Jambo 60
1 Dont Know

3 As did the Unions

4 Conned? Harldy

5 OK

6 I agree they are a disgrace

7 Not English mate, A proud Scot and Proud Brit.

Your answer to No 5 is what i thought.

Strange my dad is one and my mother in law but she tries to deny it.

Whatever bud your choice.

certainly cant argue anymore , pointless.

One thing you are a jambo.:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Your answer to No 5 is what i thought.

Strange my dad is one and my mother in law but she tries to deny it.

Whatever bud your choice.

certainly cant argue anymore , pointless.

One thing you are a jambo.:)

I embrace many policies from many parties, sadly i dont think one covers me in full.

Labour, as discussed not worth it.

SNP, The whole Braveheart thing does my head in.

Liberals, Hmmm, no.

3 As did the Unions

2) only because the Thatcher Govt pulled a Royal Navy ship in a cost cutting exercise which gave the Junta the "green light", in their eyes to invade.

3) Thatchers intentions to the Miners were documented in a speech c.1974 where she blamed them, the Miners, for the three-day week of the early 1970's and vowed revenge. Funnily enough i saw an article on BBC Breakfast yesterday about how an old mine was being re-opened due to the high cost of coal. Thatcher - what a forward thinker she was!

How many people were thrown on the scrap heap when that tyrant was in power.

We talk about illegal wars now, but she had us down in the Falklands for a war that should never had happened.

Destroyed the miners.

Conned folks to buy their homes.

Please dont tell me you are a Tory.

I was a Labour man for years (SHOP STEWARD) but Blair and now Brown with their new labour ways make me cringe.

Take it you are English with that response to me ,or just a feeble attempt to wind me up.:mad:

I didn't realise you were a shop steward Doug. Definitely a barsteward though :P

2)

3) Thatchers intentions to the Miners were documented in a speech c.1974 where she blamed them, the Miners, for the three-day week of the early 1970's and vowed revenge. Funnily enough i saw an article on BBC Breakfast yesterday about how an old mine was being re-opened due to the high cost of coal. Thatcher - what a forward thinker she was!

Coal could be a fantastic energy source for an independent Scotland to add to the abundant hydro electricity and a certain level of nuclear energy. Could see developments in coal fuel for cars and coal gas too. There is a whole lot of coal under Scotland.

But where are the people these days who would be willing to engage in the backbreakingly horrible hard work that being a miner would be? The section of the population who in the past were willing to do that sort of job seem to have reduced in number. In part a good thing of course - they live longer and with fewer horrible diseases.

As for the Falklands yes there was a misreading of the political/military situation. But surely you would agree that there was something of a duty to protect the Falkland Islanders when it started to kick off? Very long and tangled history of sovereignty of the Falklands in international law though.

Having read the article, it could be argued that there has been no failure to deliver as there is nothing to judge it against. No timescale has been set so who is to say if and when it is either a success or a failure?

To be honest the whole thing smacks of party politics though - Govt say it's up to the Councils, the Councils say it's up to the Govt etc etc.

Then Mr Expenses McLetchie steps in saying how much a disgrace it is. Whatever Dave. Keerrchiiing!

Fair play to the Tories though, they're keeping their names in the press and in the public yet, as with David "Dave" Cameron and the UK Tories, they are quick to criticise but at no point do they say "This is what we would do".

I didnt say it was against the law, its all in the article.

No..but you posted the article; quoting McLetchie and his hangers-on saying changing class sizes is "illegal" . Putting Alex's body shape to one side - what's your thoughts on this.

ps. You also claimed fat Al "lied" about education policy......can you back that up ?

As for the Falklands yes there was a misreading of the political/military situation. But surely you would agree that there was something of a duty to protect the Falkland Islanders when it started to kick off? Very long and tangled history of sovereignty of the Falklands in international law though.

100% we were right to retake the Islands. That isn't up for debate.

What is though was the sheer bloody-mindedness and penny pinching of the Thatcher Govt that led to the war.

The Callaghan Govt of the late 70's was the administration that sent the ship down in the first place to see of the threat. To remove it so quickly was a phenomenal misreading of the situation. Carrington did the honourable thing, Thatcher revelled in the blood and gore afterward shifting British jingoism up a notch or three.

For her to gain so much from what was ultimately her mistake in the first place was unforgiveable.

Having read the article, it could be argued that there has been no failure to deliver as there is nothing to judge it against. No timescale has been set so who is to say if and when it is either a success or a failure?

Correct. Or in other words it's a non-story.

Surely this isn't another SNP-based thread, posted as an excuse for a fishing expedition with phrases like "" Fat Alex" "fascist" and "lies" as bait ?

Correct. Or in other words it's a non-story.

Surely this isn't another SNP-based thread, posted as an excuse for a fishing expedition with phrases like "" Fat Alex" "fascist" and "lies" as bait ?

I doubt it is fishing as I think that the OP is genuinely wishing to debate the shortcomings of the minority SNP administration as s/he sees it.

It's just that the OP is let down by their source material not really being that good.

Guest S.U.S.S.

To be honest the whole thing smacks of party politics though - Govt say it's up to the Councils, the Councils say it's up to the Govt etc etc.

Then Mr Expenses McLetchie steps in saying how much a disgrace it is. Whatever Dave. Keerrchiiing!

Fair play to the Tories though, they're keeping their names in the press and in the public yet, as with David "Dave" Cameron and the UK Tories, they are quick to criticise but at no point do they say "This is what we would do".

Oh great its ok not to deliver as they did not give a timescale.

So, promise what you will just dont say when. Great.

Guest S.U.S.S.
No..but you posted the article; quoting McLetchie and his hangers-on saying changing class sizes is "illegal" . Putting Alex's body shape to one side - what's your thoughts on this.

ps. You also claimed fat Al "lied" about education policy......can you back that up ?

He stated they would reduce class sizes, they have failed to do so, just because they did not state when this would be done by is no excuse.

their manifesto may as well be the beano!

Guest S.U.S.S.
I doubt it is fishing as I think that the OP is genuinely wishing to debate the shortcomings of the minority SNP administration as s/he sees it.

It's just that the OP is let down by their source material not really being that good.

Agreed, the article is far from well written, but i read it while browsing so wanted to see what others thought. Sadly some see it as their personal duty to defend the 3rd Reich and their promises that are never delivered.

I'm afraid nothing Scotsman Publications prints relating to the SNP provides good source material. For reasons best known to itself (possibly a desire to see its sales figures plummet even further?) it is engaged in nothing less than a witch-hunt against the SNP. Some of its headlines and supposed revelations are laughable.

The Mighty Thor

so what we have here is another anti-SNP tabloid style thread title which bears no resemblance to the thread content or indeed the lead article upon which the thread is based.

SNP vows to cut class sizes. Bint from SC&UP says that is desireable. Teachers say that is desireable. I'm getting the general idea that everyone connected thinks this is a good idea.

McLetchie bumps his gums claiming it's unworkable and illegal without any indication of his own party's stance on this issue (as per usual)

Basically this is yet another in a long line of really ill thought out threads with zippo content and no purpose other than allowing JKB's conservative and unionist leaning members to let off steam.

Never mind chaps there's only another 3 years until you get a chance to flex your muscle at the Scottish ballot box until then you ought to respect the wishes of the broader electorate that voted the SNP in. ;)

The Mighty Thor
Agreed, the article is far from well written, but i read it while browsing so wanted to see what others thought. Sadly some see it as their personal duty to defend the 3rd Reich and their promises that are never delivered.

Dear oh dear oh dear. Third Reich?

you ought to respect the wishes of the broader electorate that voted the SNP in. ;)

The SNP is a minority government, thankfully. Those diddies are only in power because of the opportunism of the Green Party - hardly a party that the "broader electorate" voted for.

The Mighty Thor
The SNP is a minority government, thankfully. Those diddies are only in power because of the opportunism of the Green Party - hardly a party that the "broader electorate" voted for.

Bloody tree huggers! ;)

Well regardless of the arithmetic of it they still form the current Scottish Government, much to the chagrin of you and the boys.

I said there was only 3 years to the next chance for y'all to change the Scottish political landscape but i actually think that if, in the interim, there is a general election and Smug Dave and the Eton rifles get in then the SNP will form the next Scottish Government too.

8 more years under the '3rd Reich'? :)

Miller Jambo 60

:)

So we will live with a tory government.

Thats coming fast, Lord forbid.:eek:

We were doing well 2 :)

they still form the current Scottish Government

The fact is they are a lame duck government. They cannot progress any of "their" policies unless the Mighty Greens give them the go ahead.

Miller Jambo 60
The fact is they are a lame duck government. They cannot progress any of "their" policies unless the Mighty Greens give them the go ahead.

Mighty Greens Hibs going to win something.

The Mighty Thor

They appear to be pretty functional for me therefore the working relationship with the Green Party must be pretty robust.

They seem to be doing a good job of neutering the Scottish Labour party which has long ruled the roost up here. The SC&UP are impotent anyway and irrelevant in modern Scottish politics and the Lib Dems have long since lost their USP of being the destination of any protest votes against Labour.

The times they are a changing. :rolleyes:

Archived