Armstrong to make comeback

Boaby Ewing

jamboinglasgow

the guy is a legend, I have to admit I am harder on americans being greats but like Phelps he is a true legend but to have had testicular cancer and had it spread through his body then come back from that to win tour de france after tour de france means to me that is he is an athlete who has become more than a legend.

First of all I'd like to say that yes his record in the Tour de France is awesome and he is a legend. However, I believe that in the sport of cycling, Indurain, Hinault, Mercyx have much better records than him.

Cycling is not just about winning the Tour de France. Lets remember that he never regularly competed in the other major events of the cycling calender. e.g. Tour of Spain, Giro d'Italia etc. So whilst other cyclists where slogging their guts out in these events, Armstrong was preparing himself for Le Tour.

I'm not taking away anything from his record, especially after what he has gone through in his private life. I just believe that there are cyclists out there who achieved alot more than he did.

When I first heard about his plans I thought: 'Might be a bit of a stretch for him'. However, if anyone can do this, it's him. He put up with the pain of cancer and then Sheryl Crow for long enough, so I'm sure he'll be able to battle through any physical woes this presents him.

You can't argue with Lance's TdF record, and what he went through to be able to cycle again, but I agree he avoided the races many of his rivals competed in. Whether that was an advantage is debateable. What has always nagged at me is the number of his lieutenants in US Postal who have subsequently been done for drugging, while Lance has remained perfectly clean. Undoubtedly, top guys in the team doped up, must have helped him.

He put up with the pain of cancer and then Sheryl Crow for long enough, so I'm sure he'll be able to battle through any physical woes this presents him.

LOL, is there any truth in the rumour that the time spent with Crow has made him "jump the fence"? I heard he has been seen cavorting with another man recently :eek:

The guys a machine, however i've lost all confidence in distance cycling.

Who knows if even the legend that is Lance Armstrong has done it clean.

UnworthyPapaLazaru
The guys a machine, however i've lost all confidence in distance cycling.

Who knows if even the legend that is Lance Armstrong has done it clean.

I'd suggest he didnt...

jamboinglasgow
I'd suggest he didnt...

this is what saddens me when people take performance enhancing drugs. Its bad enough that they are doing it but it makes you doubt what could be genuine human achievement. TBH I think Lance is clean, there is some view that the removing of a testical from cancer could of benefited him (cant remember how exactly but heard there are some theroies.) Usain Bolt is another, I so want it to be a clean win but there is always something there that makes me doubt due to soo many drugs cheats.

Archived