Re Sun Article: My baby's a born Jambo

Susie-Jambo-66

I thought it was only Celtic fans sad enough to do things like that. I'm surprised her middle name isn't something daft like Salvatori.

loveofthegame

All very well 'starting them young' but the fact they have agreed to the cringey Sun article proves the parents are just slightly odd and wanting their 5mins of fame.

Would never lower myself or my child to something like that.

winston churchill
It's good to be keen Hearts fans, but what a waste of money. Seems like the parents want their15 mins of fame.

i am sure the guy forked out money for a season ticket ,in the hope of getting his name in the paper:rolleyes:

Susie-Jambo-66
If they ever plan to actually use the kids ST I hope they don't sit near me.

She has been to every home game since she was born. Therefore they must use it. This season's ST will actually be her 2nd season ticket already and she is just over a year old.

And why would you not want them sitting near you?

And why would you not want them sitting near you?

I would have thought that pretty obvious. Babies aren't really the quietest of creatures.

Susie-Jambo-66
I would have thought that pretty obvious. Babies aren't really the quietest of creatures.

Oh that obvious. And here's me thinking you were worried about smelly nappies.

:P

I P Knightley

:D

... and we all go to Tynecastle for the peace, calm and solitude; allowing those important moments of self-reflection ;)

winston churchill

you could make a couple of quid doing a bit baby sitting.

Noise in a football stadium? Whatever next :rolleyes:

you could make a couple of quid doing a bit baby sitting.

Can I join the line for that....No not to offer my services but to give over one of my 3 year olds for the duration of the game. Whatever I pay the baby sitter will be saved in cokes, crisps and twixes I have to buy ;)

ToadKiller Dog

Good luck to them ,wouldnt go near the sun myself ,but a harmless bit of fluff of a story ,more for the local rags than a national paper imo.Makes a change for a sort of positive story in the ****.

Kids ticket, what...?140?

For a 1 year old who is completely unaware of what the hell is going on.

Parents must have pretty decent jobs to waste that cash.

Also, at that age do they not allow the kid to be "lifted over"?

I can't understand why anyone would want to take a baby to the football. Maybe I'm just selfish but it seems like far too much hassle to me :confused:

As soon as the wife was pumped, I bought a season ticket for each and every one of my sperm, took capacity up to the 13,500 limit, Romanov even gave me a discount.

:D

As soon as the wife was pumped, I bought a season ticket for each and every one of my sperm, took capacity up to the 13,500 limit, Romanov even gave me a discount.

Low sperm count problem? ;)

I can't understand why anyone would want to take a baby to the football. Maybe I'm just selfish but it seems like far too much hassle to me :confused:

it just might be a case of no baby sitter, my daughter often has that problem and takes her kids with her

Guest jambomickey

my misses 27 weeks pregnant and we already got the babys home and away strip aswell as all the baby jambo clothes from the superstore! we having a baby boy and have named him finley kyle and he will have a season ticket next season

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
my misses 27 weeks pregnant and we already got the babys home and away strip aswell as all the baby jambo clothes from the superstore! we having a baby boy and have named him finley kyle and he will have a season ticket next season

Whats the point though?!

I'll ask again, can you not just lift a kid that young over the turnstile?

I enquired about that expecting them to say something like you can up to the age or 3 or 4 and as long as they sit on your knee but the answer was a definite no.

Guest jambomickey

wouldn't have thought so mate! they were the good old days when i emember my cousin lifting me over in the late 70's early 80's

Nah, they have to surreptitously crawl under it ;)

Nucky Thompson
You would never have guessed you came from the sticks:rolleyes:

I thought in the instance of it being a baby they'd see sense.

A baby is not going to sit on a seat on its own, is it?

Even a season ticket in the style of a passport, where the kids name is added to the parents ticket. Obviously limited to a max of like 3 or 4 years.

Guest jambomickey
Nothing mate, just an observation;)

nah what you mean? if you mean my babys got a irish name then i've never hidden the fact i come from a irish family, my mum, dad and grand parents are irish but i was born in scotland' the guys on jkb who have met me chester copperpot, le chat, biker jambo, everybody loves baz, alan r, tedp, will tell you my loyalty for hearts is second to none

I thought in the instance of it being a baby they'd see sense.

A baby is not going to sit on a seat on its own, is it?

Even a season ticket in the style of a passport, where the kids name is added to the parents ticket. Obviously limited to a max of like 3 or 4 years.

That's another point as well. Because the baby won't sit on it's own on the seat, if the game's a sell out, that seat lies empty..... all because someone thinks it's a good idea to take a baby to the football.

Guest jambomickey
That's another point as well. Because the baby won't sit on it's own on the seat, if the game's a sell out, that seat lies empty..... all because someone thinks it's a good idea to take a baby to the football.

also that seat that's lying empty has been paid for by the babys season ticket

winston churchill
nah what you mean? if you mean my babys got a irish name then i've never hidden the fact i come from a irish family, my mum, dad and grand parents are irish but i was born in scotland' the guys on jkb who have met me chester copperpot, le chat, biker jambo, everybody loves baz, alan r, tedp, will tell you my loyalty for hearts is second to none

he ment you coming from mayfield;)

Nucky Thompson
:eek:

also that seat that's lying empty has been paid for by the babys season ticket

You're missing the point, mate.

The issue isn't whether the seat's been paid for or not. It's the fact that someone could miss out on seeing the game because of a baby that's probably slept through the whole game(and really shouldn't be there, not at least until they know what's going on).

Guest jambomickey
he ment you coming from mayfield;)

ah right cheers mate! i thought he was having a pop because i was making a fuss last week about red hand of ulster flags in our support at hamilton

Not even that, just the fact that it is a waste of a hefty wedge, for a ticket for a kid who would sit on your knee.

Although I guess if you cant lift them over. But still a waste IMO. The kid has no idea whats happening.

Guest jambomickey
You're missing the point, mate.

The issue isn't whether the seat's been paid for or not. It's the fact that someone could miss out on seeing the game because of a baby that's probably slept through the whole game(and really shouldn't be there, not at least until they know what's going on).

your missing the point mate! that seat is paid upfront before the season starts and wilol continue to be every season' i've had a season ticket for years and me and my baby will continue to have our season tickets! how many seasons over the years have we had sell outs every week?

your missing the point mate! that seat is paid upfront before the season starts and wilol continue to be every season' i've had a season ticket for years and me and my baby will continue to have our season tickets! how many seasons over the years have we had sell outs every week?

I'm not gonna convince you on this one, am i?? :P

What next?.. Farley's Rusks at the pie stand??? :P:)

Archived