What will you be shouting?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What will you be shouting?

• Come on Andy!!!
    • Come on Fed!!!
    • Come on Tim!!!

loveofthegame
90% of Scots would want a englander papt

If thats the case then its as pathetic as the English not supporting Murray.

I always supported Henman.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If thats the case then its as pathetic as the English not supporting Murray.

No it's not.

We have a reason to hate the English, they have no reason to hate us.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How many people moaning about the lack of support Murray has in England supported Tim Henman out of interest?

As it is, tennis is cack in any case. Who cares? I see Federer won, incidentally. That's interesting. :rolleyes:

crazy_jambo_2006

Always supported Henman. Would support British sportsman over foreigner any day. No disrespect to foreigners. But I want British sport to succeed. I even supported Faldo at golf when he played +I dislike Faldo.

How many people moaning about the lack of support Murray has in England supported Tim Henman out of interest?

As it is, tennis is cack in any case. Who cares? I see Federer won, incidentally. That's interesting. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with that.

Well done on jumping to an almighty conclusion though.

Just can't be arsed with torn-faced punters.

I thought your whole schtick was being the most torn-faced person on here? :P

crazy_jambo_2006

He didn't blame an injury. He said live on court Fed was best player ever. Am quite frankly baffled people would want a Scot/Brit to lose.

If he gets leathered what's the betting that he blames it on some kind of mystery injury ?

Its what he usually does isn't it ?

I did. I went over to Beijing to support the judo team. All of them were born in England.

I hate the English football team as much as your average Scot however, there is a difference between sports in which we compete as separate nations and sports in which we are one unified country.

I thought your whole schtick was being the most torn-faced person on here? :P

Fury with a smile mate, its the way forward :D

I'm angry so the rest of you don't have to be.

Hearts Heritage

.... The Andy Murray 'open top bus' reversing back into the garage.

Seriously though we saw the first part of the semi after the football on Saturday. If he keeps improving he will win a Grand Slam.

I have played snooker with Stephen in the past and been round to his house. He is a sound guy.

Some people dont like success it seems.

people who haven't lived up to their own expectations don't like to see others do well. it's a shame but i suppose it's a logical defence mechanism.

Victor Meldrew
.... The Andy Murray 'open top bus' reversing back into the garage.

Seriously though we saw the first part of the semi after the football on Saturday. If he keeps improving he will win a Grand Slam.

I had really mixed emotions about the final: whilst it would be good to have another British player win a big tournament, he is a Hobo, and I can never bring myself to want them to win anything

cobbyshambles
I had really mixed emotions about the final: whilst it would be good to have another British player win a big tournament, he is a Hobo, and I can never bring myself to want them to win anything

that's a bit of a sad attitude.. It's a completely different sport and what team he supports has no relevance to his tennis,even if he is a knob it still would have been good to see him win the thing.

Never had a chance. A hard game against Nadal, well won, but with Federer having a good rest before the final, just lost his No1 spot and Wimbledon, he was never going to play less than amazing and Murray just ain't there yet. Put in some decent shots though.

people who haven't lived up to their own expectations don't like to see others do well. it's a shame but i suppose it's a logical defence mechanism.

People don't like him because he's a torn-faced Hibs ^^^^.

What's so fecking difficult to understand about that ?

I P Knightley
If he gets leathered what's the betting that he blames it on some kind of mystery injury ?

Its what he usually does isn't it ?

Erm...no.

He has lost (in the past) 'cos he's injured and it's obvious to all; he's played on after chundering on the court and made no comment about it in the post-match interviews (although the press did, ahem, bring it up); he's taken gubbings when he may or may not have been unwell or less than top form due to fatigue but, in recent years he has never sat in a post-match and whinged or whined with excuses about losing.

I stand to be corrected, but I think that there are two themes to his post-loss interviews:

(1) The other guy played fantastically well

(2) I'm going to go away and work on getting even better.

You're maybe thinking of footballers who will blame everything but their own lack of ability when they take a horsing.

Guest JamboRobbo

I stand to be corrected, but I think that there are two themes to his post-loss interviews:

(1) The other guy played fantastically well

(2) I'm going to go away and work on getting even better.

You're maybe thinking of footballers who will blame everything but their own lack of ability when they take a horsing.

Spot on. Typical of the cat to be talking rubbish about something he clearly hasn't even seen to be commenting on.

It was posted before he got leathered so it was a possibility that didn't come to fruition.

Not like you to be discussing the poster and not the post JR :rolleyes:

loveofthegame

The poll on JAMBOSkickback seems to suggest otherwise.

Not got any mates who are Hibbies?! You're dislike for him due to his minor football allegiance is strange. And he's not torn-faced, just sets himself very high standards. People at the top do that, or so i believe.

Sexton Hardcastle

Or have they changed the ring tone on the fax machine? Myabe thats where our transfer budget was spent. Good investment if you ask me.

I P Knightley
source?

Who, me?

If so, the source is my head where I store my memory. In this case, memories of post-match interviews and stuff.

I'm not obsessive so don't make a point of recalling them verbatim but I do pay attention to the words and not just the dour, monotonous way in which he presents them. I accept that if you tune out the words, you'll get the impression that he's moaning but the words tell otherwise. He's not as gracious as Federer has been but then Fed doesn't tend to lose so much and can therefore afford that extra little bit of grace!

Feel free to go to google and correct me if you find any interviews where Murray's blamed failure on some mystery injury.

You mean 'people' as in you? As in 'you the people'?

As I said, I suspect 'people' who have in some way failed to reach their own expectations or have not achieved what they would have liked in their lives, find it impossible to enjoy the success of others. They may even make excuses to try to justify this to themselves, for example that 'he is a hobo' or 'he's a torn-faced c***'.

Important to remember though that you're only kidding yourself. Remove this barrier and you will, like 90% on this board, revel in other's success. It's a liberating experience I assure you.

Miller Jambo 60
Those having such a go at Murray probably won't bother but should have a full read of this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7605480.stm

Certainly not the words of a 'torn faced ****.' Murray seems to be maturing and growing all the time. Very impressed by him in all respects.

Would like andy more if he controlled the baby antics better.

Mind you i was the same at his age as winning was everything.

The old saying play to enjoy and not to win.

Rubbish you play to win.

As for being a hobo doubt he has ever seen them.

Federer was just too good. No shame in losing in those circumstances.

Heartening though to see a Scottish talent able to compete with these players and be considered one of the world best. World number 4!! :eek:

crazy_jambo_2006

Tennis has nowt to do with Hibs. Also Murray's lived in Barcelona for ages,so prob hasn't even seen hibs for ages. Also I fail to understand how him being a Hibby would stop people supporting him. He's a top British athlete. Surely that's more important than hating Hibs.

Archived