slatefordchap

What will you be shouting?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What will you be shouting?

• Come on Andy!!!
    • Come on Fed!!!
    • Come on Tim!!!

slatefordchap

The Murray/Nadal match is supposed to start tonight at 9PM BST, anyone know of a live link?

Murray is 2 sets up, and will be interesting to see how the third set goes.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.justin.tv/mstv_two

also in English.

American commentator is an erse tho. he was saying Murray must be worried... emm he's a set ahead and the only player looking like breaking the others serve.

Think Murray can go on now, Nadal looks shaky... but I'll prob be wrong.

Think he will unfortunately.

I know he's Scottish n' all but i like Nadal better.

Andy Murray comes across as being a total dick.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Nadal isn't looking to clever at the moment.

What a shot from Murray.

I actually like Murray's attitude, even when he's being a grumpy wee sheeite.

Better than being a simpering wee puff like Henman.

I actually like Murray's attitude, even when he's being a grumpy wee sheeite.

Better than being a simpering wee puff like Henman.

Henman was a little fairy who would have been better off playing womens tennis.

Henman was a little fairy who would have been better off playing womens tennis.

Henman was a superb player..you're thinking of Cliff Richard.

Borthers, where's the quote in your signature from? It rings a bell, but I can't place it.

What did we do before Google...

http://crowndozen.com/main/archives/001580.shtml

And yes I also reckon Murray is a bit of a dick. However his attitude is spot on for a top sportsmen. He doesn't have the usual Scottish 'glorious failure' attitude. He has a certain arrogance about him.

Absolutely superb.

He took him on from the baseline as well.

Btw, Borthers -- I was very much mistaken! Thought it might have been from a Murakami novel...

I dont care what team he supports this was simply awesome some of the best I have ever seen and I,m getting on a bit.Well done Andy ,Magnificent.

:hobofish:I just wish he was a bit more likeable - seems most high profile hobos are like that though!

Thats probably what makes him a winner instead of being a simpering poof like Henman who appeals to your average Little Englander

EDIT - I'm talking about his attitude not his Hoboness

Congratulations to Andy Murray. A performance of the very highest quality. A priviledge to watch. Hope he goes on to win!

That was a true braveheart performance :)

His performance was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo anything but Scottish

He is a born winner and sadly us Scots usually have ourselves beaten before we play

Glorious defeat and all that!

His performance was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo anything but Scottish

He is a born winner and sadly us Scots usually have ourselves beaten before we play

Glorious defeat and all that!

His performance was soooooooo Scottish .

Just like Chris McHoy, Murray's a born winner.

Hoots.

Totally agree with i8hibs, very unScottish performance and even an unBritish performance. Suppose if you look at his tennis education, it's the Spanish that have to be thanked for making him the player he is as he went to a international tennis academy in Barcelona during his teenage years.

Good luck to him in the final. :)

His performance was soooooooo Scottish .

Just like Chris McHoy, Murray's a born winner.

Hoots.

Remember Andy........ Eric Liddell, Benny Lynch, Jim Clark, Ken Buchanan, Alan Wells, Jim Watt, Jackie Stewart, Sandy Lyle, Paul Lawrie, Liz McColgan, Chris Hoy and the Scotland rugby grandslam teams of 1925, 1984 and 1990 to name but a few (apologies to others I have left out) have shown that Scots can win the big sporting prizes. We'll leave glorious defeat to the footballers shall we!? ;)

He taken Federer in the past and there's no reason why he can't do him again.

jamboinglasgow

great performance against the world number one who was on form. If Murry can maintain this level and build on it (he is still only 21) then he could be a legendry british tennis player. He may be a hibee but we can let them have their star as we have a four gold medal olympian :D.

What will be interesting this year is the BBC Sports personalty of the year. So many people who would on a normal year win it but this year is a bumper crop. The many fine olympians, Chris Hoy, Murry (especilly if he wins tomorrow) and even hamilton if he wins the world F1 championship. If only the footballers could bring that level of proffesionalness to their game (think the comment about them being "slaves" would of annoyed alot in sport as they earn ridculus money and whine all the time while great british sportsman struggle to finance themselves when they have the talent and abilty to be top of the world in their discipline.

crazy_jambo_2006

Would you not support the Scot/Brit, regardless if you dislike him? I would.

Magic, well done ya little Hobo

PS: How camp is Greg Rudeski???

I like Rusedski! He's exactly what you want from a pundit - enthusiastic and knowledgable.

Well done Murray, anyone who can have Nadal hands on knees gasping for air must be half decent! Someone has obviusly forgot to tell him he's Scottish and meant to be pish.

You miss out the one that will win it - Rebecca Adlington.

Young, semi-attractive, middle class and English. The stuff of Daily Mail dreams. Wonderful acheivement and clearly a very, very talented girl. Better effort than Three-gold medal Scotsman Hoy or upstart young Scot Murray (touch wood) winning a first grand slam for a British tennis player since 1936?

I'll give you even money on Adlington.

Most of that is correct. The likes of BBC have been campaigning already for her to get it with comments like "she must be a stick on for Personality of the Year" and "no one else achieved as much as she did nor won as many medals" (yes they did say that!). I wish we would rename the award the BBC Sports Achievement Award.

What I will be slightly pedantic about is that Murray would be the first British MALE since 1936 to win a Grand Slam tourney. Wade won Womens Wimbledon in 77 and Sue Barker won the French in 76.

Archived