Your favourite Hearts coach....

carjam

Mine was Alex MacDonald. Never did find out exactly what happened wi Doddy (o/seas) but for my opinion, under his reign, Hearts sides played with no short amount of talent & passion...happy days :happy:

Drylaw Hearts

Alex MacDonald did a fantastic job.

But Jim Jeffries is my all-time favourite.

I'm glad to see he's writing-off a few doubters with Killies early Season form.

ToadKiller Dog

Would Have to be JJ for me too.

When Alex Macdonald was the boss i was a wee laddie so did not look at the role of the manager to much if at all.

I think if JJ had picked a better/more stable side than Bradford when he went south he would have been a big name down there.

Guest jambomickey

jim jefferies for me followed by wee doddie! they wer real bosses and not puppets like what we've had the last couple of years

McDonald followed by Clark.

Eh!? Clark!?, his one season in charge almost cost us relegation, we were about 2 games away from it!

In order of best:

JJ (for 98 and the years previous, but crap derby record)

MacDonald (went to every game in the 22 in a row period and enjoyed it greatly)

Levein (for bringing stability and for his derby record against the tramps)

Can't really pick a manager from the 2005/06 season since there were too many.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

JJ for his 98 heroics, even if we did have an easy-ish cup run!

levein for his consistency against the flair team and the 3rd place finishes!

burley cos i have never went in2 so many games feelin so confident

rudi must stay
JJ for his 98 heroics, even if we did have an easy-ish cup run!

levein for his consistency against the flair team and the 3rd place finishes!

burley cos i have never went in2 so many games feelin so confident

Rangers in a cup-final, hardly easy mate. Agree with the rest though

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

yeah thats why i gave it the -ish on the end of it....all home games to p*sh teams then falkirk in the semis, still obviously doesnt cover over the fact we won the cup that year :)

rudi must stay
yeah thats why i gave it the -ish on the end of it....all home games to p*sh teams then falkirk in the semis, still obviously doesnt cover over the fact we won the cup that year :)

ok, fair enough. The Falkirk game though was arguably harder than the Rangers game. Still yeah on paper, we had quite an easy cup run.

jambo in iraq

Eddy Malofeev, what a guy! appart from Koroboncha he's the only hearts coach to have been honoured by the CCCP! so he MUST have been good;)

Greatest Hearts coach was Drylaw and distict one from Queen of the South in the 70s, no windows left and a fridge full of icecream lifted from a chippie, happy days. Best sporting coach, JJ, Burley, Mcdonald and Levien, in that order but hold the front page because Mr Lover Lovreman the Csaba mister could beat them all in the next couple of years, give he man some time.

adam_hmfc_1874

well im not sure about a great hearts manager but bobby willliamson was a swell manager for hibertnian and well if i had to pick my favourite hearts manager it would have to be the legand himself graham rix.most charismatic manager heatrts have ever seen oh and did i mention franc sauzee for hibernian aswell

WorldChampions1902

John McCartney - the man responsible for assembling the Hearts side on the verge of greatness on the football field, but who were tragically cut down in their prime on the battlefield.

Archived