Scotland Players Not Wanting To Play For Burley

Paul_C

Jim Traynor has said, a couple of times today, that there are 3, possibly 4, Scotland players that do not want to play for the country under Burley.

He believes if we have a bad result against Iceland then these guys might become more vocal and we'll see it in the press.

Who do you think these guys could be? :rolleyes:

Oh and the title should say Players not Plaers!!! Doh!

I thought he was speculating rather than reporting it as fact.

I dunno, he seems pretty sure it will come out in the press sooner or later.

Jim Traynor should put up or shut up now. Yes we lost but, he appears to be on a one man mission to undermine or campaign from the off. He does not like Gordon Smith, fair enough niether do I but, he should not be after hounding Burley out of his job just yet. Lets see where we are at the end of the campaign. Hopefully Traynor will have egg allover his face.

John

Miller Jambo 60
I dunno, he seems pretty sure it will come out in the press sooner or later.

Maybe they cant cope with his drinking.:eek:

Maybe Vlad was right.

I thought he was speculating rather than reporting it as fact.

Sounds like rubbish eh? If that was the case, surely he'd just drop them?

A Boy Named Crow
Jim Traynor has said, a couple of times today, that there are 3, possibly 4, Scotland players that do not want to play for the country under Burley.

He believes if we have a bad result against Iceland then these guys might become more vocal and we'll see it in the press.

I thought the conversation between Traynor and Gordon after the match was a bit odd. Traynor said he wouldn't be surprised if the above was true, Richard Gordon pointed out that when Traynor says he wouldn't be surprised it's usually because he already knows. Maybe just a ploy to sell Traynor's rag on Monday, who knows?

winston churchill

burley the rangers fan,who managed hearts and has terry butcher as his number two.

i'll take a stab in the dark at ra sellik players in the team.

burley the rangers fan,who managed hearts and has terry butcher as his number two.

Well if it meant seeing the back of Caldwell it might not be a bad thing :eek:

Oh come on, be serious.

Which players would that be and what possible issue could they have...simply because they're Celtic players?

I would hazard a guess that their club strips are a mixture of green and white.

Oh come on, be serious.

Which players would that be and what possible issue could they have...simply because they're Celtic players?

When I seen the thread my first thought was McManus.

winston churchill
Oh come on, be serious.

you could also make a case for caldwell and broonaldo from their hibs days............. getting 4 put past them 3 times by burleys hearts team and the big semi derby tanking.

you could also make a case for caldwell and broonaldo from their hibs days............. getting 4 put past them 3 times by burleys hearts team and the big semi derby tanking.

Jings. If we're not moaning about everything being about the OF, we're making everything about them ourselves...

south morocco

Anything JT reports should be treated with utter contempt,he is an arse imo

winston churchill

i am being serious

frank skinner
Anything JT reports should be treated with utter contempt,he is an arse imo

he is one of the only jurnos that gives the OF it tight.

He's a wind-up merchant. The only reason he gives the old firm it tight is because he knows he can wind them up to get callers for his radio show.

His paper (ra record) couldn't suck up to the old firm any more.

Tynecastle Valhalla

if it is true it is a disgrace.

players should not even think about that. they should be playing for their country.

get these imposters out and bring in guys with passion.

Doctor FinnBarr
if it is true it is a disgrace.players should not even think about that. they should be playing for their country.get these imposters out and bring in guys with passion.
We did of course have an entire Hearts team not wanting to play for a certain manager of course (Allegedly).

Selkirk_Jambo

Ridiculous if true. Unfortunately, its very believable for the aforementioned club reasons.

What a depressing state of affairs...

Miller Jambo 60
he's from lanarkshire and his wifes family are all hearts fans.

Aye and i am a tim:mad:

What a load of ****.:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

You asked for that

south morocco
he is one of the only jurnos that gives the OF it tight.

to a degree ,and as kenif says he is just a wind up merchant,and also a crap journo, only in my opinion of course!

Son Of Anarchy
if it is true it is a disgrace.

players should not even think about that. they should be playing for their country.

get these imposters out and bring in guys with passion.

AGREED 100%

If its true (which i doubt),sling them out,name and shame them,and they should never get near the team again!

That 1st half display today was rank rotten,dire in fact. I really hope after all the hard work GB isnt going to feck it all up.

frank skinner
to a degree ,and as kenif says he is just a wind up merchant,and also a crap journo, only in my opinion of course!

he may indeed be a wind up merchant.but he also winds up our friends from the west.

john brownlee
I would hazard a guess that their club strips are a mixture of green and white.

I would more than likely go for the non squirm players already singled out as the scapegoats Macgregors better than Gordon(mind you it would be hard after the magnifecent saves he made to day only to be let down by his slow defence)Naysmiths passed it.alexzander should have retired years ago.Fletcher doesn't have a regular place in manu.Macfadden not got it any more, dosen't play in the top leagues These are not my reasons just what I suspect the press will single out tomorrow/Monday as traynor has suggested

Sorry to say this, but Burley should be sacked tonight, Souness given the job and hope that the lift can get us a result on Wednesday. However, predictably, The GFA will wait until we are eliminated before making any decision. Burley is clearly Bertie Mk II.

Reasons: not arriving earlier in the week ti acclimatise; not coming down hard on call offs; delegating his duties to his "spokesmen"; employing Craig "the janny" Brown as his scout for the game; not having a plan B after they scored; not having a plan A to start with.

Broxburn_Jambo

Just watched the highlights on Setanta and the studio guest (not sure who it was) was ripping into Burley about not taking the players to Macedonia earlier and finished off by saying he wasn't convinced by the management team. I didn't see the whole game so can't really comment.

Just watched the highlights on Setanta and the studio guest (not sure who it was) was ripping into Burley about not taking the players to Macedonia earlier and finished off by saying he wasn't convinced by the management team. I didn't see the whole game so can't really comment.

Watched the second half on the internet the team played okay but its that old chestnut again we could not put the ball in the net. We should have had a penalty but apart from that Craigie was our star man. Personally we need changes of the old guard bring in some younger guys instead of the same old faces.

Grumpy.

jamboinglasgow
Watched the second half on the internet the team played okay but its that old chestnut again we could not put the ball in the net. We should have had a penalty but apart from that Craigie was our star man. Personally we need changes of the old guard bring in some younger guys instead of the same old faces.

Grumpy.

we have players that are doing well in the U21s, may be a risk but some are more likely to be up for the tie then some has beens.

We also need a sweeping change from grass roots to top, Scottish football is doing better than england but we need technical players rather than big players. Yes we can grind out a result against France but against smaller teams you need to attack. We need to develop players who are able to pass acuratly, have the football brain to make runs and pick out players and also know how to get past players. In england Capello will be used as a scapegoat for england doing badly yet the fundamentals will not be changed and england will forever look puzzled. Scotland needs to stop itself from being that.

However I think we shouldn't think all is over as I think if we take this as a kick up the back side we can still easily get the 2nd place spot and get into the playoffs.

Plus Jim Traynor is a wind up merchant who likes to cut off callers to easily as they have a differnet view to him.

i am being serious

I am no fan of either of the ugly sisters however I will say in the defence of the Celtic players who are part of the Scotland Squad that they hardly ever call off for any Scotland game whether it be competitive or just a friendly.

It may well be debatable as to whether they should be in the squad in the first place but that is another story,

I don't think the same could be said for the contingent from Ibrox!!!

Doctor FinnBarr

I am no fan of either of the ugly sisters however I will say in the defence of the Celtic players who are part of the Scotland Squad that they hardly ever call off for any Scotland game whether it be competitive or just a friendly.

It may well be debatable as to whether they should be in the squad in the first place but that is another story,

Good shout bud!

:eek:

There will be players in the squad who are not happy with not playing/players who do play - pretty much like every club/International set up.

There will be players who do not like the training and tactics employed - pretty much like every club/International set up.

If the stories are true, if the players involved are big personalites in the dressing room, it could cause major problems.

In the after-match interviews, the player who sounded most disaffected was Kris Boyd. Was not happy at all about not getting on in time to get a goal. Mind you, I'm not sure he would have made much of a difference. Like Miller, he is an average player, not really international class.

Oh dear, the whole thing reminded me of the Berti Vogts days....

Hopefully one of them is Miller.

On yesterday's performance one would have to say Fletcher but I seem to remember being sheet under previous gaffers.

I'm not his biggest fan domestically but the midfield badly needs Ferguson instead of Fletcher. He's a grafter for Utd, not a playmaker. He continues to prove he cannot play this role at international level.

I do however think JT is simply trying to grab ratings.

We did of course have an entire Hearts team not wanting to play for a certain manager of course (Allegedly).

We had a Hearts team that didnt want to play for the last 3 or 4 managers !!!

Good shout bud!

:eek:

I wish Scott Broon would call off.

He has gone backwards so fast he has just sprinted backwards past Chic Charnley and is close to passing Matt Elliot.

If true, is this a split in the dressing room?

Will Elvis, Gordon and Hartley hijack a press conference again?

anyone remember the headline from a week or two ago... i'll paraphrase as i can't remember the exact wording

"Anyone not committed to the Scotland Squad and pulling out regularly are not welcome" - Burley.

wonder i GB has ruffled a few feathers... ?

there are too many Rangers players who pull out at the first sign they may "miss" a match for their club. i can understand to an extent why i wouldn't want a Hearts player injured, but sometimes a player that's maybe 90% fit is 100% better than a diddy who contributed hee haw... i'm mostly thinking about Miller / Alexander / Brown.

'Tic players are generally a bit better than that, but same rule applies.

at the weekend there was a chance to blood some new potential Scotland stars, instead Burley played what would be considered "safe" - players who have been there before... and it went Pete Tong.

just would like to add... as long as Craig Gordon is fit, he will be Scotland's number 1. he showed just how good he can be. MacGregor has improved but is still miles behind CG.

Aye and i am a tim:mad:

What a load of ****.:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

You asked for that

Frank Skinners quote is indeed 100% fact without any doubt. HONEST:)

Archived