Scotland Players Not Wanting To Play For Burley

Paul_C

In the after-match interviews, the player who sounded most disaffected was Kris Boyd. Was not happy at all about not getting on in time to get a goal. Mind you, I'm not sure he would have made much of a difference. Like Miller, he is an average player, not really international class.

Oh dear, the whole thing reminded me of the Berti Vogts days....

I wouldn't mind an average striker who can score 20 goals + per season. If he is given the service he will score.

Seems Trayner was right afterall.

Lee McCulloch no longer wants to play for Scotland.

Good riddance in my book. I'd rather ahve 11 boys from Partick that want to play than cocks like him & Davie Weir (who did exactly the same thing under vogts)

jack D and coke
Seems Trayner was right afterall.

Lee McCulloch no longer wants to play for Scotland.

Good riddance in my book. I'd rather ahve 11 boys from Partick that want to play than cocks like him & Davie Weir (who did exactly the same thing under vogts)

Where did you read that? Couldn't give a flying **** if mcculloch never played for us again anyway. I never understood what he done to get a game in the first place. Cant ever remember watching any game where he's played and thought he's had a good game. For wigan, rangers or scotland. He can gtf for me.

Tynecastle Valhalla
Where did you read that? Couldn't give a flying **** if mcculloch never played for us again anyway. I never understood what he done to get a game in the first place. Cant ever remember watching any game where he's played and thought he's had a good game. For wigan, rangers or scotland. He can gtf for me.

agreed, he is totally gash.......mixed with a stinking attitude he can gtf.

who does he think he is? he should be dying to play for his country.

Its in the record

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/scotland-football-team/2008/09/08/exclusive-rangers-star-lee-mcculloch-to-quit-scotland-86908-20728747/

The Daily record:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/09/08/exclusive-rangers-star-lee-mcculloch-to-quit-scotland-86908-20728747/

we have players that are doing well in the U21s, may be a risk but some are more likely to be up for the tie then some has beens.

We also need a sweeping change from grass roots to top, Scottish football is doing better than england but we need technical players rather than big players. Yes we can grind out a result against France but against smaller teams you need to attack. We need to develop players who are able to pass acuratly, have the football brain to make runs and pick out players and also know how to get past players. In england Capello will be used as a scapegoat for england doing badly yet the fundamentals will not be changed and england will forever look puzzled. Scotland needs to stop itself from being that.

However I think we shouldn't think all is over as I think if we take this as a kick up the back side we can still easily get the 2nd place spot and get into the playoffs.

Plus Jim Traynor is a wind up merchant who likes to cut off callers to easily as they have a differnet view to him.

Agreed with everything you said!

burley the rangers fan,who managed hearts and has terry butcher as his number two.

i'll take a stab in the dark at ra sellik players in the team.

Half our team were Celtic players at the weekend. Why wouldnt they be happy?

burley the rangers fan,who managed hearts and has terry butcher as his number two.

i'll take a stab in the dark at ra sellik players in the team.

More likely Rangers judging by the number of call offs- yet GB is still trying to curry favour by including the likes of Broadfoot...smacks of desperation for some reason does it not?

you should be palying for your country not the manager that should be enough to get by any personal problems you have with the guy running the team.

anyone that resigns from the scotland setup publically should be never allowed near the team...and hamden for that matter.......ever again.

totally disgraceful

you should be palying for your country not the manager that should be enough to get by any personal problems you have with the guy running the team.

anyone that resigns from the scotland setup publically should be never allowed near the team...and hamden for that matter.......ever again.

totally disgraceful

Agreed get Davie Weir out now.

Is this because Burley said those who called off sick would not be welcome? or because he's left mcculloch out of the squad so far? If so i'll certainly back Burley on this one because isn't it what we want - players who are not committed to not be in the side?

Nelly Terraces

Sad to see the state of Scottish football being exposed by the fact that a total blunt like Lee 'total nonenity' McCulloch can gob off to the gutter press about not wnating to play for a manager of the National side. The fact that we have to play slags like that in the National team speaks volumes for the dearth of talent at our disposal.

If this shop front doesn't want to play then that's finer by me, ***** off and do one ya mug, there's better/younger/hungrier players than you waiting to get picked. How can this even be a story is beyond me.

Suppose someone like myself who was brought up wi yer Dalgleish's, Bremners, Jordans etc finds it hard to like our side now, and the supporters need to take a look as well, the 'Tartan army' just wallow in mediocrity and their hatred of everything English - dull as that, change the record.

Problem is, if we get done over on Wed nmight then that's it all over in 4 days and goodnight, but will anything in Scottish football change, nah, course not. Sadly.

Sad to see the state of Scottish football being exposed by the fact that a total blunt like Lee 'total nonenity' McCulloch can gob off to the gutter press about not wnating to play for a manager of the National side. The fact that we have to play slags like that in the National team speaks volumes for the dearth of talent at our disposal.

If this shop front doesn't want to play then that's finer by me, ***** off and do one ya mug, there's better/younger/hungrier players than you waiting to get picked. How can this even be a story is beyond me.

Suppose someone like myself who was brought up wi yer Dalgleish's, Bremners, Jordans etc finds it hard to like our side now, and the supporters need to take a look as well, the 'Tartan army' just wallow in mediocrity and their hatred of everything English - dull as that, change the record.

Problem is, if we get done over on Wed nmight then that's it all over in 4 days and goodnight, but will anything in Scottish football change, nah, course not. Sadly.

Totally agree with the above, the only problem is that Burley will take the rap and get binned and they'll all ithink it's fine and ignore the central points - players & media attitudes to managers, giving new managers time to get into the job and the OF (thought) mostly rangers pulling out of games.

I wonder how, when he wasn't even picked in the squad, McCulloch has managed even to form an opinion of Burley worthy of spouting the nonsense he has, i mean he can hardly have even spent much time with him at all??????

Hagar the Horrible

Lee McCulloch is just the first to become vocal about Burley, there are others and I am sure the full truth will come out without any confidentiality agreements this time.

McCullock is not good enough for Scotland, but that does not detract from the fact there is clearly player unrest, and our World Cup campain lasted only 7 minutes, It will be another 4 years before Scotland get another chance, so I say start the rebuilding work on Thursday after we get horsed by Iceland!

I think we owe Vlad a huge appology and those games might have been won in-spite of Burley rather than because of him?

I say we get Vlad to pick the Scotland team:rolleyes:

Totally agree with the above, the only problem is that Burley will take the rap and get binned and they'll all ithink it's fine and ignore the central points - players & media attitudes to managers, giving new managers time to get into the job and the OF (thought) mostly rangers pulling out of games.

I wonder how, when he wasn't even picked in the squad, McCulloch has managed even to form an opinion of Burley worthy of spouting the nonsense he has, i mean he can hardly have even spent much time with him at all??????

This is exactly what happens as the OF players, and it seems in particular Rangers players, whinge and get their way. Think about Barry the Ned throwing his rattle into orbit with Paul Le Guen which ended up with the manager getting the boot.

Player power gone mad.

Anyone who doesn't want to play for a certain manager can feck off and never play for Scotland again in my opinion. I think the player's are more to blame for Saturday's defeat than Burley is. They could hardly string 3 passes together before giving it away!! Scott Brown was useless, Fletcher was p!sh, Robson was ok at a push, Hartley was the only one who done a job, but only in the defensive role.

With the exception of Craig Gordon that team should be ashamsed of themselves. 6 or 7 of them are experienced at Champions League level and some others in the Premiership. For me, they are to blame, not Burley.

He might have his reasons, there could also be others....they might even have a vaguely relevant excuse for this....but I really don't care. :mad:

Their own personal gripes should well and truly be put on the back burner - I really can't believe they've (well HE, at the moment) has gone and done this when we're two days away from a hugely important fixture. Who the hell does he think he is?

I couldn't give a monkeys, regardless of what their excuses are...I just want to see some players in the national jersey who are there to fight our corner on Wednesday and rescue this bloody trainwreck of a start to the campaign. I want to see players who care more about that result than any of their own whingey and petulant little issues. The fact that any of them think their 'position' on what's happening is so important that we need to know about it speaks volumes.

Shut up...the lot of you. You're nothing but a bunch of whinging, overpaid excusemeisters. Just get on with the bloody job.

winston churchill
More likely Rangers judging by the number of call offs- yet GB is still trying to curry favour by including the likes of Broadfoot...smacks of desperation for some reason does it not?

it was tongue in cheek, re burleys hearts/rangers link.

George Burley should now pick Lee McCulloch for every single squad (including a quick call-up for Wednesday). When he fails to turn up he can then be banned from the next 2 Rankgers games. This is what the French manager threatened to do when Makalele tried to quit.

After watching the U-21's at Falkirk last week Burley would be better served giving a few of them a call up than reverting to the tired but trusted method of giving crap OF players a cap.

Compare the U-21's style of play to the full team - night and day.

McCulloch or McCormack?? Hardly a tough decision I would suggest.

McCulloch can GTF.

However i bet Burley gets hounded out by the press cause he has no obvious OF connections. i dont think walter or alex would have got the same treatment.

After watching the U-21's at Falkirk last week Burley would be better served giving a few of them a call up than reverting to the tired but trusted method of giving crap OF players a cap.

Compare the U-21's style of play to the full team - night and day.

McCulloch or McCormack?? Hardly a tough decision I would suggest.

I would much rather see McCormack given a run out, frankly any of the youngsters deserve a place over anyone who doesn't want to play for Burley and probably many fans agree but he can't pick them, if he did what would the media make of him putting out inexperienced players for important qualification matches?? he'd be ripped apart even more than if he loses with the same team that played Macedonia.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Best news I've heard all season.

McCulloch is absolutely terrible and is lucky he even made it as a fecking pro footballer.

Jesus christ, are there any decent guys left in the game??

Depending on how the squad performs on Wed, could a question be asked that some are looking to get Burley the boot and not playing to the best of their abilities?

Seymour M Hersh
Half our team were Celtic players at the weekend. Why wouldnt they be happy?

Because they want to be playing with Aiden in Dublin?:)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Just got a txt saying he's retired.

WTF could have happened in Burleys short time in charge for this to happen?!

Is McCulloch in the huff with Walter too then? He's hardly a fixture with them either.

Hasnt he been injured since the start of the season?

I would much rather see McCormack given a run out, frankly any of the youngsters deserve a place over anyone who doesn't want to play for Burley and probably many fans agree but he can't pick them, if he did what would the media make of him putting out inexperienced players for important qualification matches?? he'd be ripped apart even more than if he loses with the same team that played Macedonia.

Thing is though that it's the experienced players whose form for Scotland is woeful.

Brown v Commons?

Miller v Fletcher?

Hartley v McCormack?

Rooney & Walcott were playing for England at 17 - why do we wait until players are ineligible for the U-21's before capping them?

Thing is though that it's the experienced players whose form for Scotland is woeful.

Brown v Commons?

Miller v Fletcher?

Hartley v McCormack?

Rooney & Walcott were playing for England at 17 - why do we wait until players are ineligible for the U-21's before capping them?

I agree but Burley has been put in a position now where he cannot win. Play new, younger players and we lose he'll be criticized for playing inexperienced players - play the same team and we lose he'll be criticized for not changing it. Win and it's only a stay of execution till the next game. He's now been made a marked man in his post simply because he's upset the glasgow mafia (thanks go to Vlad for that phrase :-)

It's the media who influence opinions in life - I know Scotland have been poor in our games so far but things take time and Macedonia was by no means an easy game. With one or two exceptions he played probably our most experienced team and I think he did well bringing on the subs he did when he did. However if you read the press you'd think he really messed up in every area which I don't think is true - many people will be influenced by the opinions expressed in the media and BUrley doesn't deserve the stick he's getting.

Fort Vallance

Maybe its the Hearts players because they're hacked off being dragged around Europe by a Manager who has no intention of playing them

Archived