Alex Arthur / Amir Khan

Walter Kidd

Second bit; You'd think some one would tell Alex to stop before he hurts himself. From the comfort of my front room Cook won easy on points.

Well, both fighters seem to disagree with you.

Arthur is now quoted in the papers saying that Nicky Cook congratulated him on winning the fight before the result was announced.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, both fighters seem to disagree with you.

Arthur is now quoted in the papers saying that Nicky Cook congratulated him on winning the fight before the result was announced.

I dont know where they thought that. Even as a huge Arthur fan, it was plain for all to see that Cook won the fight by a minimum of three rounds. How Enzo Calzaghe at ringside thought Arthur won by three, I simply dont know.

Alex can bleat on all he wants about the judges and ref all being English, the plain fact of the matter is, he was outboxed for the majority of the fight, and that its plain to see he struggles with Super Feather. The sooner he moves up a weight the better.

I dont know where they thought that. Even as a huge Arthur fan, it was plain for all to see that Cook won the fight by a minimum of three rounds. How Enzo Calzaghe at ringside thought Arthur won by three, I simply dont know.

Alex can bleat on all he wants about the judges and ref all being English, the plain fact of the matter is, he was outboxed for the majority of the fight, and that its plain to see he struggles with Super Feather. The sooner he moves up a weight the better.

I don't neccesarily disagree.

As I said, I had Cook down for the win but only by a round or two, but I wasn't too close to the ring so I can't claim my opinion to be the be-all-and-end-all, that's just how I saw it (and also how all Cook's mates who were stiing close to me saw it).

Cook played it very clever. He attacked more and on the occasions when he looked like he was about to box himself into trouble he ducked into Arthur to avoid losing the advantage. Alex didn't seem to have an answer to that.

It's definately time for him to move up - unless he manages to get a quick rematch, but I doubt that'll happen.

Archived