Scotland game online anywhere?

Fozzyonthefence

Seymour M Hersh
Free kick that led to the goal was dubious, and we were denied two penalties in the space of a second.

I'd say the first claim was stronger than the 2nd one.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We got what we deserved...nowt.

It was only CG saved Scotland from a doing.

That was dire.

Pfft.

Bring in McGregor on Wednesday.

Oh well, group's still wide open. We can beat all of the teams at home and there's nothing to say Norway will take anything in Macedonia. Also, we always seem to do well in Norway. It's not over yet.

Also, Commons did more with one wee shuffle than Robson and Fletcher did in the whole game.

Still 21 points available! I'm taking an optimistic POV just now.

I haven't seen Scotland in a tournament since I was between primary and secondary school....

Seymour M Hersh
We're just not good enough.

Correct. Defeats home & away to Holland, defeat away probably to Norway. Not looking good at all to qualify.

Gordon had one top class save and a shot that was hit straight at him. We were unlucky with the goal but the defenders should have been following in with the strikers.

I'm not going to compain about the result, both teams created nothing. I thought the referee had a decent game aswell.

Gordon had one top class save and a shot that was hit straight at him. We were unlucky with the goal but the defenders should have been following in with the strikers.

I'm not going to compain about the result, both teams created nothing. I thought the referee had a decent game aswell.

I thought the original shot should have been charged down better also. Nobody anywhere near and for the way the free kick was taken there was enough time to get bodies in front of that strike.

I thought the original shot should have been charged down better also. Nobody anywhere near and for the way the free kick was taken there was enough time to get bodies in front of that strike.

Agreed.

I've turned the channel now but I'm sure it was only Scott Brown charging it down and the rest of them stood still.

maroonlegions
Agreed.

I've turned the channel now but I'm sure it was only Scott Brown charging it down and the rest of them stood still.

CORRECT, there was FOUR of them still in formation in the wall as the ball hit the back off the net:eek:, WTF were they doing there , why did they not track back in case of a deflection of Gordon, beggars belief.:mad:

StrikersInstinct

No worries, we (Iceland) will beat Norway for you in couple of hours. The last time we met in a qualifying group we won both games (home and away). The last two friendly results have been a draw and both games were in Norway. Today was the worst result for Iceland, so Scotland will be anxious to put this right on wednesday. Last time we (Iceland-Scotland) met in qualifier you won both games 2-1. Iceland 2 Norway 1.

Burley just said we were "outstanding" in the second half! Is he being serious? I can hardly remember their keeper having a save worthy of note to make.

If we fail to win in Iceland on Wednesday I think our world cup campaign will be over almost 2 years before the tournament kicks off. Truly depressing.

Miller Jambo 60
Can't get to pub today & don't have Setanta

What a load of ****, bad ref , bad everything.

Thank **** i am a jambo and not a Scotland warrier.

As for you guys that thought we deserved a point,they were all over us.

We should have had a pen but dont worry the ref is being signed up by the GFA to boost our aerse-holes of refs.

Miller Jambo 60

The ref had a good game.

And you slag me.

Im lost for words mate.

The ref had a good game.

And you slag me.

Im lost for words mate.

He got most of the big decisions correct and handled the play acting pretty well.

7/10.

Miller Jambo 60
He got most of the big decisions correct and handled the play acting pretty well.

7/10.

But the main one he made a roger hunt of it,:eek:

The penalty which you said was not one.

Please dont come near me at tyne.

But the main one he made a roger hunt of it,:eek:

The penalty which you said was not one.

Please dont come near me at tyne.

If that was Marian Kello that came out and won the ball and the opposition got a penalty, you'd have been raging.

It was never a penalty, it was actually a great tackle.

John Gentleman
George Burley

'We were outstanding in the 2nd half' :eek:

From where I sit, I thought we did pretty well in the second half too.

From someone who has lived in OZ for 35 years, believe me, it's almost impossible for anyone from a northern European background to play out 90mins+ in that sort of heat - and you NEVER get acclimatised to it. We're watching it from the airconditioned comfort of our homes or at the pub. It's an entirely different situation when you're out on the pitch. Been there, done that.

If we have to apportion blame, let's lay it at the feet of those who were responsible for the scheduling of the matches.

..but, to use one of Burley's favourite sayings, "it's early doors". There's a long way to go and fitba', being fitba', always expect the unexpected.

Miller Jambo 60
If that was Marian Kello that came out and won the ball and the opposition got a penalty, you'd have been raging.

Watch the replay played his legs not the ball.

You are stubborn worst than my wife. Ma Ha:)

From where I sit, I thought we did pretty well in the second half too.

From someone who has lived in OZ for 35 years, believe me, it's almost impossible for anyone from a northern European background to play out 90mins+ in that sort of heat - and you NEVER get acclimatised to it. We're watching it from the airconditioned comfort of our homes or at the pub. It's an entirely different situation when you're out on the pitch. Been there, done that.

If we have to apportion blame, let's lay it at the feet of those who were responsible for the scheduling of the matches.

..but, to use one of Burley's favourite sayings, "it's early doors". There's a long way to go and fitba', being fitba', always expect the unexpected.

Pretty well does not equal outstanding.

It is early doors but makes Wednesday a must win.

I could suggest that the heat has affected you if you are content with that inept display mate.

As another poster has said. After Wednesday we could have 2 years of nothing games. If you are positive about this scenario then can i have a drink too??

Watch the replay played his legs not the ball.

You are stubborn worst than my wife. Ma Ha:)

Haha.

If Gordon had made that tackle on a Macedonia player and they got a penalty, would you have been moaning about it?

Yes or no?

He came over the top of the ball and took the man first mate. It was a penalty.

I agree and if it was Gordon who had done it i would have no cause to argue either.

Bottom line. They scored we didn't. Whether they deserved to win is open to debate.

I would not have played Brown, Alexander or McManus.

Brown completely off the boil at present the other two are just not good enough.

Hopefully the Glasgow media will give it a rest with wanting Alan MacGregor in goals. Craig Gordon is Scotland's best keeper and will be for years to come.

On to Iceland which will be even toughter than Macedonia.

John

I'll watch it again later and see if my views change.

Miller Jambo 60
Haha.

If Gordon had made that tackle on a Macedonia player and they got a penalty, would you have been moaning about it?

Yes or no?

I always moan

John Gentleman

After Wednesday we could have 2 years of nothing games. If you are positive about this scenario then can i have a drink too??

"Could", but then again, "could not" may also apply. We'll all just have to wait for Wednesday's outcome I suppose.

By all means have a drink - you don't have to seek my permission to do so.

portobellojambo1
Bottom line. They scored we didn't. Whether they deserved to win is open to debate.

I would not have played Brown, Alexander or McManus.

Agree totally John.

They scored a goal, whereas Scotland never looked like scoring one.

In addition to the players you mention above I though both Kenny Miller and James McFadden were complete and utter s h i t, offered nothing all match, and there doesn't seem to be an awful lot in reserve.

Miller Jambo 60
Agree totally John.

They scored a goal, whereas Scotland never looked like scoring one.

In addition to the players you mention above I though both Kenny Miller and James McFadden were complete and utter s h i t, offered nothing all match, and there doesn't seem to be an awful lot in reserve.

THat was embarrising end off.

Hope some of the scots pumpted there women :)

Archived