Fozzyonthefence

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a save from Gordon.

No doubt McGregor would've turned it round the post though. :rolleyes:

Nah, he would've held it....one handed :P

chester copperpot
Has the Macedonia 'keeper touched the ball yet?

This is like watching Craig Brown's Scotland.

Was going to start another thread on this, but thought I'd come across as a bit anti Scottish so will state it here.

No way will Scotland qualify from that group with Burley in charge. As much as McLeish and Smith's teams were boring, they were effective. GB wants us to play football, whereas we should be playing to our strengths.

We wont score today (hope I'm wrong though)

Fozzyonthefence

OMG - Scotland look really pish! At least I've got Macedonia on my fixed odds - no way we were ever going to get a result in 100 degrees with one day to acclimatize

Walter Payton
NEVER A FREE KICK

more inexperienced referees

where have i heard that from :rolleyes:

Anyone else find it sickening how often the commentators are trying to labour the point that the ref is "inexperienced" and once got suspended in the Czech republic for having a bad game? I've not seen anything worse from him than we get from any of our "experienced" refs in the SPL (including the non-freekick that led to the goal) and if the SFA EVER suspended a ref for a poor performance I might start to believe they had maybe developed the balls and guts to start turning the corrupt shambles that Scottish football is around.

You'll never hear them comment about that though...

Was going to start another thread on this, but thought I'd come across as a bit anti Scottish so will state it here.

No way will Scotland qualify from that group with Burley in charge. As much as McLeish and Smith's teams were boring, they were effective. GB wants us to play football, whereas we should be playing to our strengths.

We wont score today (hope I'm wrong though)

I agree. I actually think Scotland could be out the group after the first 3 games. Today, Iceland away, Norway at home. Scotland could have 1 point tops from that.

Far too many players who don't have the ability to play a quick passing game. Also, only one player who can change a game - and even then McFadden is very hot and cold.

Like most I was so up for the Italy game that I was nearly bursting with excitement....

However, the ambition of "four points would be amazing" doesn't fill me with any real hope that our nation will be heading to the world cup this time round....

Now watched 30 minutes and don't feel a thing...wasn't even annoyed when the goal went in..

Somehow this doesn't feel like "Scotland" and I can't work out why???

Geoff Kilpatrick

Watching this in Oz, can I just say that the Scotland midfield, with the exception of Robson, has been utter gash?

Never seen a worse free-kick decision than the one that led to the goal though.

He also wants us to acclimatise to 100 degree heat in 24 hours, tube!

That one is up there with the SFA issuing our 1954 World Cup Finals squad with heavy woolen jumpers and hats because they were off to Switzerland..............in the middle of summer!!!!:eek:

chester copperpot
That one is up there with the SFA issuing our 1954 World Cup Finals squad with heavy woolen jumpers and hats because they were off to Switzerland..............in the middle of summer!!!!:eek:

Its probably still the same panel.:rolleyes:

What the **** does Scott Brown bring to the Scotland team ?

He has been rubbish since joining Celtic and was over rated before that at Hibs.He has never really done anything for Scotland either but yet is a first pick.Burley said he wanted to build a team around Brown,well he'll need to find the ****er first because all he has done has hid this game.

Chad Sexington

That was truly awful.

Burley isn't filling me with confidence as an international manager at all.

Thanks to Gordon Smith's "negotiation skills" :rolleyes:... we could be in dire straights after 2 games if we don't win in Iceland.

Massive improvement needed in the 2nd half. :sad:

Miller Jambo 60

He has been rubbish since joining Celtic and was over rated before that at Hibs.He has never really done anything for Scotland either but yet is a first pick.Burley said he wanted to build a team around Brown,well he'll need to find the ****er first because all he has done has hid this game.

Same against the huns .

I used to think he was a decent player, but all he seems to do now is run about doing **** all. Barry Robson has been the only player to stand up and be counted. We could have done with Alan Hutton bombing forward and drawing some fouls for set pieces.

Fletcher, McFadden and Miller need to improve. I'd also bring Stewart on for someone like Hartley later on when we're desperate for a goal.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Question about the stadium, haven't FIFA banned these big spikey fences or is that just a UEFA ruling?

:107years:

My mate texted me from Skopje to tell me he's one of 2,000 fans stuck outside. Not sure if he's got in yet or not but it sounds like a shambles on the terraces as well as the pitch.

Got to agree, I just don't see what he does.

I didn't think that many people could rate him without there being something in it but really, he offers so little in attack and isn't exactly renowned for his tracking back.

That was truly awful.

Thanks to Gordon Smith's "negotiation skills" :rolleyes:... we could be in dire straights after 2 games if we don't win in Iceland.

Of course there will, how could there not be with the inspiring team talk that is currently taking place.

All the players trying their best to understand the gaffer slurring his words, Pressley beating his chest and Big Tel sitting in the corner with the blood stained headband like an English Rab C Nesbitt....;)

Like most I was so up for the Italy game that I was nearly bursting with excitement....

However, the ambition of "four points would be amazing" doesn't fill me with any real hope that our nation will be heading to the world cup this time round....

Now watched 30 minutes and don't feel a thing...wasn't even annoyed when the goal went in..

Somehow this doesn't feel like "Scotland" and I can't work out why???

I felt the exact same in the build up to this game. The last qualifying campaign was our chance - and we blew it in Georgia. Came home from work at 2 and got the match online but was pretty much listening to the commentary in the background.

Just don't feel as interested in the team this time round. Although maybe that's juct because this is the first game. If we pick up points and stay near the top support may grow. If we start badly it'll be over pretty quickly IMO.

I felt the exact same in the build up to this game. The last qualifying campaign was our chance - and we blew it in Georgia. Came home from work at 2 and got the match online but was pretty much listening to the commentary in the background.

Just don't feel as interested in the team this time round. Although maybe that's juct because this is the first game. If we pick up points and stay near the top support may grow. If we start badly it'll be over pretty quickly IMO.

We only have 8 games this time round. If we lose today it's going to be a massive uphill battle to even get 2nd place. We would have to win pretty much every other game barring Holland away.

maroonlegions

oh dear ,that was utter rankness ,is it the heat or what but we cannae hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds:eek: and our passing is a joke, has to be the heat , fecking madness playing a football match in those conditions, big improvement needed in the second half or its zilch points. BROWN IS A OVERRATED NED.:rolleyes:

That was truly awful.

The thing with Burley is he is great when things are going good but i don't think he has the motivational skills when things aint going so great which is backed up by how he performed at club level.

chester copperpot

Gordon - Great keeper - Agree

Naysmith - Terrible now - Disagree

McManus - Best we've got at CH - Agree

Caldwell - Garbage, should be Berra, and I dont think he's that great - Disagree

Alexander - Rubbish football player, would make Broadfoot look like a player - Disagree

Robson - Played well, but doesn't even start for Cellick - Agree

Hartley - I think he's rubbish now - Disagree

Fletcher - Been good for Man U - Agree

Brown - Terrible for Cellick for 6 months now - Disagree

McFadden - Best we've got - Agree

Miller - As above - Agree.

Miller Jambo 60
oh dear ,that was utter rankness ,is it the heat or what but we cannae hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds:eek: and our passing is a joke, has to be the heat , fecking madness playing a football match in those conditions, big improvement needed in the second half or its zilch points. BROWN IS A OVERRATED NED.:rolleyes:

At least a ned earns his money :)

Got to agree, I just don't see what he does.

I didn't think that many people could rate him without there being something in it but really, he offers so little in attack and isn't exactly renowned for his tracking back.

He has not passed the ball all game(sorry had a little flick)and has not made a single tackle either.He is meant to be the energy and the drive in our team:eek:

Archived