More funny stuff from the North East (NHC)

IanF86

I dunno about you guys, but the next time Vlad ****es me off, I will be sure to BOYCOUTT the games.

:rolleyes:

Old Pivotonian
No he is a wife beater (alledgedly)

Well for one thing, it was his 'girlfriend' he beat up. His wife had fled a long time before. Secondly, It's not alleged, it was proven in court.

Still, he was a pretty decent batsman. Shame he was such a clown off the field.

jamboinglasgow

does anyone have the banner that was held at easter road by celtic fans calling hibs a feeder club, i'm sure there is a few mistakes in that.

does anyone have the banner that was held at easter road by celtic fans calling hibs a feeder club, i'm sure there is a few mistakes in that.

Haha, a Celtic fan spelling Celtic wrong.

Hopefully someone has it.

Well for one thing, it was his 'girlfriend' he beat up. His wife had fled a long time before. Secondly, It's not alleged, it was proven in court.

Still, he was a pretty decent batsman. Shame he was such a clown off the field.

In Leo McKinstry's biography of him, he says that on the surface, it looked good for Boycott that he would get a not guilty only for the man himself to make the horrendous error of behaving like a Yorkshireman in a French court!

What's the feckin' fascination with Keegan down there?

He's won ****all.

It for a number of rescue acts. As a player, he helped transform them from a mediocre division two side into one that won promotion into the top league.

As a manager he saved them from dropping into division three (which Sir John Hall stated would have seen the club's closure - the bank apparently told him to sack Ossie Ardilles who himself was popular with the fans) and took them to the brink of their first title since the late 20s - while playing a style of football which was easy on the eye.

Generally speaking, he's the only figure since the days of Milburn, Robledo, White et al to have give Newcastle's fans some hope of success.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
What's the feckin' fascination with Keegan down there?

He's won ****all.

They're idiots down there. They hounded out Dalglish, Gullit and Robson. They're obsessed with Keegan and they would rather have Shearer, despite him having zero experience, as their manager over absolutely anybody else. They're the most deluded fans in the world - they think they're a 'big' club but in truth they're about at the same level as Blackburn, Bolton, West Ham etc.

They hate everyone but Newcastle down there. One club-One city mentality, I like Sunderland as my English team and loved it when Sunderland beat them at St James a few years ago when Phillips scored in the pouring rain in a 2-1 win.

Been down to Newcastle a few times for a night out and its good talking to them about football and NUFC. Very passionate fans. Although Keegan messed up when 12 points ahead of Man U all those years ago, they still love Keegan. KK is a decent guy and sometimes its easier to bring back a hero to the club.

If Mike Ashley sells up in the next two weeks, as some Indian businessman wants to buy the club and reinstate KK as boss.

They're idiots down there. They hounded out Dalglish, Gullit and Robson. They're obsessed with Keegan and they would rather have Shearer, despite him having zero experience, as their manager over absolutely anybody else. They're the most deluded fans in the world - they think they're a 'big' club but in truth they're about at the same level as Blackburn, Bolton, West Ham etc.

A club that has won sweet FA in decades but still attracts almost 50,000 people to their league games is a big club. The fact that they perform at the same level as Blackburn, Bolton and West Ham is a damning indictment of the people who run the club.

Archived