Jamie Carragher - Odious Individual

Makween

carragher the best defender in scouser history? Lmao. If hes that good why did he bottle it with england? Hes an ok defender but he had me in hysterics any time thierry henry played v him. Every game he playd a boob ball to him under no pressure.hes overated by pool fans. Hes an excellent reader of the game but hypia was a better player. But readin extracts of his book makes me see him as a very bitter player.

Didn't his old man get lifted or chucked out of a ground a while ago for being totally tw@tted? Says it all about the jakey family.

You're right, he did. And he was banned from every ground in the Premiership for 2 years because of it.

The guys in the Kop used to sing;

He's red,

He's sound,

He's banned from every ground,

Carra's dad, Carra's dad.

:biggrin:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
carragher the best defender in scouser history? Lmao. If hes that good why did he bottle it with england? Hes an ok defender but he had me in hysterics any time thierry henry played v him. Every game he playd a boob ball to him under no pressure.hes overated by pool fans. Hes an excellent reader of the game but hypia was a better player. But readin extracts of his book makes me see him as a very bitter player.

Boob ball?

Victor Meldrew

I take it that the person who described Carragher as Liverpool's best defender ever hasn't watched Liverpool over any meaningful period.

Hansen was a class act

As was Lawrenson

Phil Neal was a great full-back

There's a whole list of others from the really great Liverpool teams...

Carragher is one of the least $h!t of the bunch that have played for Liverpool in the last 20 years.

Would Shankly have had Carragher in his team? Would Bob Paisley? No chance. There was far better.

jack D and coke
The Scouse accent is the Weegie tongue of the South. Cuts right through you.:(

They all think they're hard and comedians as well. I've never met a scouser i like.

The only people i avoid on holidays more than weejy's are those f***** bellends.

Scousers ARE the Weegies of England.

Think they're funny as feck and everyone likes them when the exact opposite is true.

this player looks out of place in an england team because he is pants and like all scousers has an over inflated opinion of his own ability.I doubt england will miss him and his dirty little ****ing simpleton attitude to life and his team mates. I would ban all scousers in any england team. Meddlers all of em

So none of you know him personally, none of you know real friends of his, 99.9% of you have never met him and only know him from TV yet you feel you have the right to write him off as a human being -- :sad:

A man proud of his roots who has not lost touch with his friends (some of whom may be on the wrong side of the law -- have none of you ever had friends like that ? --childhood bonds are strong and you don't know if his influence is keeping them more on the straight and narrow than they would have been)

He undertakes a number of charity duties -- doesn't seek publicity for doing so but feels it is his 'duty' to do so. Yet still right him off as some sort of second class citizen -- there but for the grace of God go a number of contributors to this board -- many of whom have admitted to worse on other threads yet it is treated as a laugh.

There are times when I worry about the human race in this modern age with everybody willing to give an opinion without knowing the facts -- going by messages on this topic you are guilty even before a trial.

Sometimes saying nothing or stating 'I don't have an opinion' is better than acting as judge and jury through ignorance.

Try and think please before you comment -- Liverpool is no worse or better than a number of cities in the UK -- the recent spate of knife killings in London are a glaring example of that.

I P Knightley
So none of you know him personally, none of you know real friends of his, 99.9% of you have never met him and only know him from TV yet you feel you have the right to write him off as a human being -- :sad:

A man proud of his roots who has not lost touch with his friends (some of whom may be on the wrong side of the law -- have none of you ever had friends like that ? --childhood bonds are strong and you don't know if his influence is keeping them more on the straight and narrow than they would have been)

He undertakes a number of charity duties -- doesn't seek publicity for doing so but feels it is his 'duty' to do so. Yet still right him off as some sort of second class citizen -- there but for the grace of God go a number of contributors to this board -- many of whom have admitted to worse on other threads yet it is treated as a laugh.

There are times when I worry about the human race in this modern age with everybody willing to give an opinion without knowing the facts -- going by messages on this topic you are guilty even before a trial.

Sometimes saying nothing or stating 'I don't have an opinion' is better than acting as judge and jury through ignorance.

Try and think please before you comment -- Liverpool is no worse or better than a number of cities in the UK -- the recent spate of knife killings in London are a glaring example of that.

I think the simple facts are that he's written a book exposing himself as a cretin. That's the issue being debated.

Sure, he'll do charity work - they all do because their clubs and agents get them to do it.

I'm a supporter of "innocent unless proved otherwise" but based on what Carragher HIMSELF has told the world at large, I think the world at large is entitled to discuss just exactly how much of a tit he is.

As for opinions on Liverpool - nothing wrong with folk giving their opinions on it. Feel free to contribute contrary to what folk here are saying but at the moment, the debate is leaning towards, "it's not all it's cracked up to be." No one said it's more dangerous than London. And we need someone to point out that Birmingham is truly awful.

Sorry, Jamie - that's the way it is.

How much have you sponged off of Carra for you to be saying that?

;)

I think the simple facts are that he's written a book exposing himself as a cretin. That's the issue being debated.

Sure, he'll do charity work - they all do because their clubs and agents get them to do it.

I'm a supporter of "innocent unless proved otherwise" but based on what Carragher HIMSELF has told the world at large, I think the world at large is entitled to discuss just exactly how much of a tit he is.

As for opinions on Liverpool - nothing wrong with folk giving their opinions on it. Feel free to contribute contrary to what folk here are saying but at the moment, the debate is leaning towards, "it's not all it's cracked up to be." No one said it's more dangerous than London. And we need someone to point out that Birmingham is truly awful.

Sorry, Jamie - that's the way it is.

So you know he only does charity work because he is told to ?

So you are attacked by a third party-- attack can ruin your career and future lifestyle, know who it is and one day one of your friends is out and spots said third party and calls you to say should we get him -- you say of course not, leave him alone and turn the other cheek -- rubbish -- a number on this board know exactly what they would do and that is confront the attacker and see if he likes it -- of course it's not right but for many their first thoughts would be yes get the b....... -- the story is that -- a story-- as nothing actually happened -- as for his father -- is he responsible for him ? -- has no one on this board never seen their father with a few too many -- I'll bet the majority have and are they responsible ? -- no.

So much hype to sell a book means exaggeration of tales and headlines for things that never happened.

Stevie Gerrard had a far more interesting tale which was actually true and was involved with 'notorious locals' -- no doubt he also is a scouse ......?

Wayne Rooney has visit to brothel -- also scouse ........?

Roi Ferdinand and Frank Lampard film each other with young women -- not scouse -- London .....?

John Terry has fight with club doormen -- not scouse -- London ........?

I hope you are going to tar some of those with the same abuse -- doubt it though.

Horrible accent, horrible people but at least well balanced - from having a chip on each shoulder (Yes, I know it's a generalisation, but that's my impression of them).

I cant believe the likes of Liverpool and Glasgow and their people get slated so much on here. We do have fans from both Glasgow and Liverpool you know. Are they alright though because they have decided to support Hearts?

Every City and Town has good and bad people. Edinburgh included. I just do not see the evidence to brand people from a certain place with such a sterotyped view.

I cant believe the likes of Liverpool and Glasgow and their people get slated so much on here. We do have fans from both Glasgow and Liverpool you know. Are they alright though because they have decided to support Hearts?

Every City and Town has good and bad people. Edinburgh included. I just do not see the evidence to brand people from a certain place with such a sterotyped view.

Yes.

The Old Tolbooth
Jamie Carragher Is A Total Legend

Best Defender In The Premiership Over The Last 3 Years

Better That Terry And Ferdinand Combined

Mon The Reds

I'm also a reds fan but Carragher is bang out of order with that sort of pish, he should be investigated, no need for it. You know it goes on but to actually openly brag about it just shows him up for the pure ****** he is!

I'm also a reds fan but Carragher is bang out of order with that sort of pish, he should be investigated, no need for it. You know it goes on but to actually openly brag about it just shows him up for the pure ****** he is!

Also a red, but John nothing happened so what investigation can take place? Silly of him to even think about his mates doing in Neill but at the time he was obviously frsutrated at what had just happened. No excuse though

Hear, hear. Well said both of you.

Also a red, but John nothing happened so what investigation can take place? Silly of him to even think about his mates doing in Neill but at the time he was obviously frsutrated at what had just happened. No excuse though

I'll second that. One thing in mitigation for Carragher was that Neill inflicted a shocking challenge on him (if anyone can find a clip it was horrendous). Thankfully Carragher managed to rein in any lingering sense of revenge.

I P Knightley
So you know he only does charity work because he is told to ?

So you are attacked by a third party-- attack can ruin your career and future lifestyle, know who it is and one day one of your friends is out and spots said third party and calls you to say should we get him -- you say of course not, leave him alone and turn the other cheek -- rubbish -- a number on this board know exactly what they would do and that is confront the attacker and see if he likes it -- of course it's not right but for many their first thoughts would be yes get the b....... -- the story is that -- a story-- as nothing actually happened -- as for his father -- is he responsible for him ? -- has no one on this board never seen their father with a few too many -- I'll bet the majority have and are they responsible ? -- no.

So much hype to sell a book means exaggeration of tales and headlines for things that never happened.

Stevie Gerrard had a far more interesting tale which was actually true and was involved with 'notorious locals' -- no doubt he also is a scouse ......?I thought so? Am I wrong?

Wayne Rooney has visit to brothel -- also scouse ........?ditto

Roi Ferdinand and Frank Lampard film each other with young women -- not scouse -- London .....?

John Terry has fight with club doormen -- not scouse -- London ........?

I hope you are going to tar some of those with the same abuse -- doubt it though.I suspect you'll find that they all get abuse - JKBers are rarely discriminatory when a footballer's been an arse!

Look, Jamie; I know that the backlash on here is quite strong but I think you're missing the point.

The majority of people (I hope) put in the same position would say to their daft mates "don't be so stupid - leave the guy alone."

It wouldn't depend on there being another mate with the intended victim of the doing over. We'd just get on with life and put the past behind us, hoping that the proper authorities would mete out the appropriate justice.

However any of us would have reacted at the time, I think the main message from posters on this board is: what kind of moron admits in a book that he might have had the guy done over had it not been for the presence of the other bloke there?

You're saying to us, "If I'd felt like it, I could have had Lucas Neill done over." It's not impressive stuff.

Mention of dad may be a bit off topic but the point is fair that Carra has not broken a mould to be the way he is.

Yes, other posts are generalising about Scousers. I don't think all Liverpudlians are scallies, crooks and rascals but I certainly don't believe that they're all salt of the earth funny blokes. But this doesn't seem to be the main concern of your post.

I'm not claiming to know for sure that the charity work is involutary. But I'm not being naive either.

Best Defender In Liverpool History

Brilliant Servant For The Club

And Amazing Ability

Scouser For Life

you forgot to mention his ability to steal cars......he is a scouser right?

If Roy Keane can get away with ending another players career, admitting he planned to cause the career ending injury in a book and get away with it, then so can Carragher.

Dirty scouse ****. Couldnt lace Rio's boots. Hope Rooney does him at Anfield in 8 days time.

do you mean do him as in the tackle or do him as in like he does to grannies(once a blue always a blue)what a ****

it seems to me that he is being put down for telling the truth.lets see what happens in rio(the coke snorter) book or john terry.what **** asks for harrods gift vouchers for there wedding

Am i the only one who finds the "thieving scouser" jokes as old as the hills and about as funny as the virus?

Since we're getting into Mersey stereotypes, we can also readily assume (without even bothering to scratch the surface as long as it suits your twisted agenda) that Carragher is also a great songwriter, an excellent playwright, a superb actor and an hillarious comedian.

But all Scousers are not like Paul McCartney, Alan Bleasdale, Tom Baker and Ken Dodd. Neither are they all like some scally who may be doing a stretch in prison. Only a complete ignoramous like yourself would believe that.

...and parks the Bentley in disabled spots whenever he can. :)

Nothing wrong with that. I thought we were supposed to treat disabled people like any other person? If so, why do they need their own parking spaces?

The Old Tolbooth

I think it's more disappointing he needs someone else to do his dirty work for him, if he was man enough he could have taken care of it himself, although that would still be stupid. He's really went down in my estimations and totally agreee with no excuse.

Victor Meldrew

Why does the Mersey run through Liverpool?

'cause if it walked, it would get mugged.

Nothing wrong with that. I thought we were supposed to treat disabled people like any other person? If so, why do they need their own parking spaces?

You used to be quite subtle with your wind ups.

:D

Well a close relative of mine had one of her knees smashed in during a freak fairground accident when she was younger and from that day on has found a basic task that you and I take for granted - walking - extremely painful. So her parking bay outside her home is very much welcome given the amount of cars that are parked within her neighbourhood. If some inconsiderate, able-bodied ****bag has parked in it, she faces quite a lengthy and painful walk given that all other spaces are usually taken by the time she returns from work. You could try and park in her designated space I suppose but given she is very defensive of this, dodgy knee or not, I'll wager the verbal rebuke she would no doubt give you would ensure you wouldn't do it again (my aunt has a temper worse than Godzilla when someone does this).

Bomber Harris
Scousers, eh?

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

expect nothing less from them

with all their past misdeamours, you'd think they'd think twice before coming out with nonsense like this

Bomber Harris
Am i the only one who finds the "thieving scouser" jokes as old as the hills and about as funny as the virus?

it's not really a joke - it's a FACT - FACT!!

Well a close relative of mine had one of her knees smashed in during a freak fairground accident when she was younger and from that day on has found a basic task that you and I take for granted - walking - extremely painful. So her parking bay outside her home is very much welcome given the amount of cars that are parked within her neighbourhood. If some inconsiderate, able-bodied ****bag has parked in it, she faces quite a lengthy and painful walk given that all other spaces are usually taken by the time she returns from work. You could try and park in her designated space I suppose but given she is very defensive of this, dodgy knee or not, I'll wager the verbal rebuke she would no doubt give you would ensure you wouldn't do it again (my aunt has a temper worse than Godzilla when someone does this).

If she can hardly walk she shouldn't be driving.

In terms of defending, Hardness and overall class. Jamie Carragher couldn't lace Tommy Smith's boots.

John

If she can hardly walk she shouldn't be driving.

one of her knees. Therefore an automatic car would be fine. Or possibly hand controls.

one of her knees. Therefore an automatic car would be fine. Or possibly hand controls.

Thank you Tazio. Yes hand controls are in use.

In terms of defending, Hardness and overall class. Jamie Carragher couldn't lace Tommy Smith's boots.

John

Now Tommy' book is worth a read.

Seymour M Hersh
it's not really a joke - it's a FACT - FACT!!

You're absolutely correct. There are no thieves in Manchester, London, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen..........................etc etc. FACT!

You're absolutely correct. There are no thieves in Manchester, London, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen..........................etc etc. FACT!

You missed out END OF and MAD VALD! ;)

Selkirk_Jambo

Carragher is the most overrated centre half in EPL history and theres been a fair few of them.

Famous for those last ditch goal saving tackles but, anyone who has watched more than two games, will realise that he brings those situations on himself by bad positioning.

Like Caldwell today. Great tackle, but it was his poor placement that led to the striker having the room to get in behind.

Ferdinand has come a bundle in the last 3 years and is a far better player

stan collymore (who i find suprising okay for a pundit at times) made a goo point. carragher is just a bitter individual who is a good centre half but not as good as terry or ferdinand - FACT! also if he wasnt in love with playing for england why did he make such a big hoo-hah about not retiring as we was never getting picked!!

A Bitter Scoucer?!?!?!? No...... Surely not...... ;)

Jamie Carragher is a good defender, with an amazing amount of heart and fight about him. For someone with a decent level of ability, he has become a mainstay in the Liverpool defence over the last 7-8 years. The guy fights for the cause, and will always give 100%. Exactly the kind of footballer I admire, and prefer to your Ronaldo/Adebeyor/Drogba types. Give me a team of Carraghers/Terrys over any of those other players any day of the week.

Respect your opinion, but don't have the same outlook. You're probably the type of guy who would love eleven Neilson's or Locke's on the park.... No thanks, I prefer watching footballers who have technical ability and class like Ronaldo, Berbatov, Gascoigne (or from a Hearts perspective) Mikey Stewart, Fyssas, Skacil, Baggio.... They offer real entertainment in my opinion. A workeman-like side, is usually a f__kin boring specticle.

Archived