What do people think of the new Verve album?

BlackJAC?

Having only heard one song [Judas], which sounds similar to their old material, I'm swithering whether or not I should get the album.

How does the rest of the album hold up? Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Having only heard one song [Judas], which sounds similar to their old material, I'm swithering whether or not I should get the album.

Get yourself on to a Torrent site and download it for free.

I think it is ok - need to listen to it more though.

Sergio Garcia

Bought it the first day it come out, listened to it a lot since and its now on my mp3 player and sits well amongst the other classic albums on my player.

I would recommend it but then im rather bias as im a great lover of the verve and they were kind enough to name the album after my wee village Forth.

Stand out track ; Sit and Wonder

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Bought it the first day it come out, listened to it a lot since and its now on my mp3 player and sits well amongst the other classic albums on my player.

I would recommend it but then im rather bias as im a great lover of the verve and they were kind enough to name the album after my wee village Forth.

Stand out track ; Sit and Wonder

I really like Sit and Wonder aswell. It was great at T in the Park.

Nelly Terraces

Not a great fans of theirs now (saw them back years ago when they were touring the 1st album), though 'A Northern Soul' is a masterpiece, but quite liked the last single, thought it was a decent departure from what they'd done before and not following any sort of direct formula on tunes past. I'd never buy an album of theirs nowadays, though I'd be interested to hear what they've come up with. How long it'll all last is anyones guess as Ashcroft and McCabe can't stand each other and hopefully it'll all blow up sooner rather than later, as it does with all great bands.

Cheers pop-pickers.

TJ. FTH.

Forever Maroon

its a decent listen....

Archived