JKB Transferwatch

heartyhub

Freeing up wages for Riordan.

I hope so.

He could bankrupt them like Saucy almost did.

If he get's a wage higher than the current cap others will be banging Petrie's door down especially if Rat Boy doesn't produce the " 20 goals a season " they are all slavering on about.

Bring on the Player Revolt mark 2 !!!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
But i would imagine these guys contracts would have to be paid up in full or a suitable package agreed upon so it's not just a case of punting them out and saving on cash.

But savings can be made. For a start, part of the "pay off" can be tax free. Usual scenario is finding a way to give the player most of the money he'd have got, with the club making a saving, and the player free to find a new club right now......everyones a winner, except the taxman.

Just a thought if Riorden resigns for the hobos

and uncle Rod has to break the wage structure do you not think he would have queue of moaning players at his door?

Roll on the chaos heh heh

Yes he does

But there is no-one left that could seriously justify over ?2k a week

2 years ago, there would have been a queue including Brown, Whitaker, Murphy, Thomson, possibly Sproule and Bouzilin, and Fletcher all wanting an extra ?4k or so a week. That would have been an extra ?3m or so a year, and impossible for Hibs to manage

Now there is no-one - possibly Fletcher - that could justify the request for more than they are on

So relatively safe ground for the Hobos.

I'm still convinced we were not serious about this, if we were even officially interested.

But savings can be made. For a start, part of the "pay off" can be tax free. Usual scenario is finding a way to give the player most of the money he'd have got, with the club making a saving, and the player free to find a new club right now......everyones a winner, except the taxman.

I wouldn't imagine a decent enough sized chunk would be tax free considering the way our tax system works as in regards savings and what you can earn before tax etc.

The taxman is the only person who always wins.

The only way footballers get tax free earnings is in a brown envelope.

King of the North

Hibs.net have put the shutters up - it's members only.

They generally only do this after bad results, at times when they are expecting an influx of gloating 'yam fuds'.

Think maybe they know something we don't?

This is painful.

Not if your starting point is:

1. Hearts arent serious about signing him - just testing the water, if at all

and/or

2. That Riordan would never sign for us anyway - and if he would, and we offer more cash than Hibs, but he goes to Hibs anyway just because there is a semi-decent offer on the table, then he is a player which we wouldnt really want anyway.

This is painful.

What is ?

I have given up the thought of us making a last day signing of genuine quality some time ago. We will no doubt get stories of failed attempts at signing good players for decent money.

I think by the end of the day we will have 1 more loan from kaunas that we wanted to sign.

Not if your starting point is:

1. Hearts arent serious about signing him - just testing the water, if at all

and/or

2. That Riordan would never sign for us anyway - and if he would, and we offer more cash than Hibs, but he goes to Hibs anyway just because there is a semi-decent offer on the table, then he is a player which we wouldnt really want anyway.

No not that, the general lack of activity full stop.

The Old Tolbooth
Hibs.net have put the shutters up - it's members only.

They generally only do this after bad results, at times when they are expecting an influx of gloating 'yam fuds'.

Think maybe they know something we don't?

A very good point, surely if rat boy has signed for them then they would have kept the shutters down and had a wee gloat in our general direction, not that it bothers me in the slightest if that little scroat doesn't come here.

Although, on the other hand, the shutters could be down because they signed Bambi and just know that they are in for a ribbing from us over that one :laugh:

Son Of Anarchy
Sky sports news stating Hibs in talks with Celtic over fee and potential transfer, no mention of us. Bamba's signed for the tae.

Im sure earlier sky sports stated we were both in talks with celtic,now only hibs so guess we have pulled the plug on that one? Didnt ever see it happening anyway. Mate who knows him well just texted me saying its done (with hibs) but really dont care. Times running out for the striker we desperately need tho.

Im sure earlier sky sports stated we were both in talks with celtic,now only hibs so guess we have pulled the plug on that one? Didnt ever see it happening anyway. Mate who knows him well just texted me saying its done (with hibs) but really dont care. Times running out for the striker we desperately need tho.

If Celtic, Hibs and Hearts are all still negotiating then it will be an execise in brinksmanship. That is Vlads chosen subject so don't make any assumptions just yet.

Personally I hope he goes to Hibs :sad:

Riordan is supposed to be sitting in a house half way between Hearts and Hibs ground, waiting for a deal to be agreed from either of us. Tanner claims to have spoken to Riordan. Said we have made an enquiry for Gow also. So nothing new again!!!

SSN just now. Hearts expressed interest in both Gow and Riordan. Gow rejected Blackpool - Riordan apparently waiting between Hearts and Hibs training grounds ... hmm.

Just on SSN - Hearts have expressed an interest in Gow and Hearts and Hibs are both still in talks with Celtic over Rearend - Apparently the Ratboy is sitting in a house halfway between Hearts and Hibs waiting for confirmation of a deal for either club...

Sone Aluko signs 3 year deal for Aberdeen - Radio Scotland

Thought he was away on loan somewhere? Wasn't he on the bench for the televised Championship match on Saturday?

I was told this morning that Rangers have knocked back a loan bid for Gow from Hearts ... given that they had agreed ?250,000 with Blackpool and Gow knocked that move back ...

Rangers may now be trying to force Hearts into parting with a similar sum

i wouldnt give either of the forces of darkness a penny, loan deal till the end of the seson sounds good for either of them with us getting first option to buy them at the end of the loan at a set price, neither of them have played much so we should be looking at given them a shot first before buying them outrite.

ps. would prefer riordon.

marshallschunkychicken
Sone Aluko signs 3 year deal for Aberdeen - Radio Scotland

Good piece of business for them. He's a good player.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Thought he was away on loan somewhere? Wasn't he on the bench for the televised Championship match on Saturday?

an emergency loan to blackpool for one game

• 6 years later...
Guest Bilel Mohsni

Looking for 2 tickets for easter rd on Sunday if not 1 got to ask thanks fellow jambo's.

I've missed the joke... :unsure:

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Looking for 2 tickets for easter rd on Sunday if not 1 got to ask thanks fellow jambo's.

Excellent bumping.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What joke

Oh... thought this was a kid on thing. This is a thread from back in 2008 about possible Hearts transfers. You are using it to try and get hold of tickets for Easter Road this weekend. I thought I'd missed a wee joke or something. :lol:

Archived