JKB Transferwatch

heartyhub

Guest JamboRobbo
oooooo is Dex a :hobofish::hobofish::P

:eek: I knew it all along.

As for David Gray, sounds like a player maybe worth taking a gamble on.

Who was the other young kid we had at the same time as David Gray left for Man Utd - I remember one of the other young Jambos outshining the Man Utd target when playing for Scotland around that time. Galbraith maybe? whats he up to these days?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
isn't that the 2nd time you've done that ?

Yup, I'm caught....you're forum is being run by a hobo

:rolleyes:

Nope, wasn't me....must be a common misconception.

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Guest JamboRobbo

Found a link with a few details of the game I was thinking of.

http://www.thefa.com/England/U16s/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2005/11/England_Under_16s.htm

Think you're correct Galbraith left for Man Utd also. It was Gary Glen I was thinking of who played so well and outshone the Man Utd target Galbraith. Glen's doing not bad for himself these days too. :P

Guest GhostHunter
Pressley to Randers FC in Denmark.

Aye, he thought he was signing for Rangers FC with a discount for Primark.

Fecking dyslexia, huh

:)

Daniel Galbraith it was. Not heard much about him recently tho.

Seen him playing a few times on MUTV,looks a not bad wee player.

loveofthegame

Theres a 3rd youngster who left us for Utd, a full back i think, who I believe is doing very well. Captaining there 19s or something like that. No memory of a name though.

Clark Griswold
Theres a 3rd youngster who left us for Utd, a full back i think, who I believe is doing very well. Captaining there 19s or something like that. No memory of a name though.

Any of these???

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BAE104A00-5D0E-4DDB-B4A2-B1D49273CC95%7D&Search=%09%09%09%09%09Type+Keyword%09%09%09%09&teamid=437

jamboinglasgow

the only other scot at man utd youth is called Liam McClair, is this him?

loveofthegame
the only other scot at man utd youth is called Liam McClair, is this him?

hmmm. I'm sure I'd heard it but i'm suddenly starting to doubt myself....

Unless someone can help me out, ignore my previous post!

Pressley to Randers FC in Denmark.

"They're the only club i've ever wanted to play for".

Buffalo Bill

David Gray is primarily a full back with good attacking instincts. Given the formation and style we seem to be adopting I think he would fit in nicely on the right.

His academy training at United should ensure he has the right level of technical ability (ie better than R.N or J.T) ;)

Again not a single quote from anyone at Hearts.To tell you the truth i am not fussed over Riordan at all.Yeah it would be great if he signed but i think it's that far out there that if he does not then so what.

Any chance someone could copy and paste the article please? Laptop doesn't like the scotsman website for some reason.....could be banderson's reporting.

jamboinglasgow

there is nothing new in that article. Banderson only has taken what other places have said added the UBIG employee name (as normally handles contracts) and put it together for a story.

Any chance someone could copy and paste the article please? Laptop doesn't like the scotsman website for some reason.....could be banderson's reporting.

Hearts in Riordan battle

OFFER: Derek Riordan

By BARRY ANDERSON

HEARTS made official contact with Celtic over the weekend regarding unsettled striker Derek Riordan and are vying with Hibs today for the player's signature.

Mindaugas Nikolicius, an official from Hearts' parent company Ukio Bankas Investment Group, has outlined a season-long loan proposal to Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell. Hibs have made a similar offer but Lawwell would prefer a ?250,000 transfer fee for the player.

Riordan's ?6000-a-week basic wage and ?3000 appearance fee would pose little problem for Nikolicius, who has licence to conduct transfer negotiations on behalf of Hearts' majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov. However, Riordan's preferred choice would be Hibs if they can match his salary.

He has one year left on his Celtic contract and can sign a pre-contract agreement with a new club as of January. A season-long loan agreement would likely see the successful club take over his wages until his current deal expires.

Negotiations are likely to continue long into the night, with the transfer window due to close at midnight. Romanov remains a huge admirer of Riordan and may instruct Nikolicius to offer a fee late in the day if Celtic's stance does not change. It is understood Hibs are willing to do likewise but are reluctant to match his present salary. Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo has stressed the need for attacking reinforcements since his appointment back in July but the move for Riordan, given his history at Easter Road, would represent one of the club's boldest signings if it went through.

Since signing for Celtic in a ?170,000 transfer in June 2006, Riordan has failed to make an impression at Parkhead.

He has started just 13 games and been ostracised from the first-team squad by manager Gordon Strachan.

Tynecastle officials have also inquired about the availability of Alan Gow, the Rangers forward but, as of this morning, the Ibrox hierarchy were resisting advances from their counterparts in Edinburgh.

"I am happy with the squad, we have attacking options at the moment," said Laszlo.

"We have Christian Nade, Jamie Mole, Audrius Ksanavicius and Mike Tullberg.

"I am happy about Tullberg and he will be in the team soon because he is getting fitter.

"This will give us more strength going forward because he has the qualities we are looking for.

"I think our attack is already strong and our young players are performing well, as you can see from our recent games."

From http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-in-Riordan-battle.4444861.jp

HEARTS made official contact with Celtic over the weekend regarding unsettled striker Derek Riordan and are vying with Hibs today for the player's signature.

Mindaugas Nikolicius, an official from Hearts' parent company Ukio Bankas Investment Group, has outlined a season-long loan proposal to Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell. Hibs have made a similar offer but Lawwell would prefer a ?250,000 transfer fee for the player.

Riordan's ?6000-a-week basic wage and ?3000 appearance fee would pose little problem for Nikolicius, who has licence to conduct transfer negotiations on behalf of Hearts' majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov. However, Riordan's preferred choice would be Hibs if they can match his salary.

He has one year left on his Celtic contract and can sign a pre-contract agreement with a new club as of January. A season-long loan agreement would likely see the successful club take over his wages until his current deal expires.

Negotiations are likely to continue long into the night, with the transfer window due to close at midnight. Romanov remains a huge admirer of Riordan and may instruct Nikolicius to offer a fee late in the day if Celtic's stance does not change. It is understood Hibs are willing to do likewise but are reluctant to match his present salary. Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo has stressed the need for attacking reinforcements since his appointment back in July but the move for Riordan, given his history at Easter Road, would represent one of the club's boldest signings if it went through.

Since signing for Celtic in a ?170,000 transfer in June 2006, Riordan has failed to make an impression at Parkhead.

He has started just 13 games and been ostracised from the first-team squad by manager Gordon Strachan.

Tynecastle officials have also inquired about the availability of Alan Gow, the Rangers forward but, as of this morning, the Ibrox hierarchy were resisting advances from their counterparts in Edinburgh.

"I am happy with the squad, we have attacking options at the moment," said Laszlo.

"I am happy about Tullberg and he will be in the team soon because he is getting fitter.

"This will give us more strength going forward because he has the qualities we are looking for.

"I think our attack is already strong and our young players are performing well, as you can see from our recent games."

Drylaw Hearts

According to SSN........

Celtic and Hibs are in talks over Riordan but his agent is not confident. Hearts have not been in touch as yet.

Hibs are expected to announce the signing of Sol Bamba.

Gow still in talks with Blackpool.

Toxteth O'Grady
According to Setanta Sports News both Motherwell and the Reptiles have agreed a fee with Dunfermline for Sol Bamba :laugh:

Brilliant I hope he goes to the reptiles, Bamba, Jones & Makalamity - what a combination.:eek:

Drylaw Hearts

Very worrying statement from Csaba.

loveofthegame
David Gray is primarily a full back with good attacking instincts. Given the formation and style we seem to be adopting I think he would fit in nicely on the right.

His academy training at United should ensure he has the right level of technical ability (ie better than R.N or J.T) ;)

I think it's Gray I was thinking about, was thrown off by the earlier chat of him being a striker. If so I'd be surprised if Utd let him go, like i said I'm sure he's U19 captain and has featured in the reserves.

Frankenstein Jambo.

this is becoming fecking boring now. All this hype about a player who wont want to sign for us.. this must be the 50th thread in about 3 days..can't wait until the trasfer window is shut

Very worrying statement from Csaba.

The thing is though, if he said the team was full of wasters and he needed to urgently bring in new talent the morale in the squad, which I think everyone agrees is better (couldn't have gotten any worse) would instantly revert back to last seasons status.

Reading between the lines, and not just taking this one instance IMHO shows that Csaba has a desire to bring in a new striker. He simply doesn't want to put the current incumbents noses out of joint

i have it on good authority, Ratboy has re-signed for the vermin.

Brilliant news, if true. Should enable Petrie to paper over Mixu's large cracks for the time being, ensuring us a win at Fester Road in October.:):)

Sergio Garcia
Brian Kerr has been freed by Hibs.

Really shot himself in the foot that clown, left Mwell to get European football with Hibs, Mwell get europe and he ends up being freed after just over a season!!!

Good Decision, numnuts!

Really shot himself in the foot that clown, left Mwell to get European football with Hibs, Mwell get europe and he ends up being freed after just over a season!!!

Good Decision, numnuts!

He was uber pish tho.

Never seen what the media fuss about Gow has been about. Did he score more than one against the OF in a match? I cannot remember. I hope we don't waste any money on him.

I agree, don't why some folk are so eager for us to get him, IMO he's done feck all...think he scored once against the tims in a League Cup match but aprt form that nothing. He's done hee haw at the huns, no thanks.

Freeing up wages for Riordan.

But i would imagine these guys contracts would have to be paid up in full or a suitable package agreed upon so it's not just a case of punting them out and saving on cash.

Just a thought if Riorden resigns for the hobos

and uncle Rod has to break the wage structure do you not think he would have queue of moaning players at his door?

Roll on the chaos heh heh

Archived