JKB Transferwatch

heartyhub

Drylaw Hearts
Neither of them.

Ratboy too much baggage.

Gow if he aint good enough for Der Rankgers then no thanks.

Niemi and Macpherson were deemed not good enough for Rangers and both of them did ok at Hearts.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hans von Luck
Niemi and Macpherson were deemed not good enough for Rangers and both of them did ok at Hearts.

Hever said that Ratboy was not good enough, just that the extra baggage would be too much.

As for Gow, christ he has played less minutes for Rankgers than the Russian old guy the signed all those years ago who got injured.

Drylaw Hearts
I suppose there's always that new fangled invention called "Video"...

:P

Deek is 50/50 btw....

I think we have very little chance of signing DR.

As Csaba will not have seen either Gow or Riordan in action.......

who has identified these players as targets ?

How about er...our scouts? That's their job, isn't it - view players, make recommendations to the manager.

Guest GhostHunter
I think we have very little chance of signing DR.

From Donkey on Talk107

Sources close to Riordan claim he'd rather move to Tynecastle than spend another six months playing for Celtic reserves, although a switch to Easter Road remains his prefered choice.

Drylaw Hearts
Hever said that Ratboy was not good enough, just that the extra baggage would be too much.

As for Gow, christ he has played less minutes for Rankgers than the Russian old guy the signed all those years ago who got injured.

His off-field baggage would soon be forgotten when he started scoring goals.

Whatever DR has done in the past is just exactly that - in the past !

No matter who he signs for I suspect he'll be told to change his social life or face more fines and more weeks with no football.

Gow had an excellent last Season at Falkirk and for whatever reason he's never been given a chance at 'Gers.

I don't understand why though.

I'd take them both - they can't be any worse than Mole, Makela or No.29.

Darth Sidious

I have a jolly happy Hibbee at my work, her cousin who works at Fester has confirmed Ratboy had a medical yesterday. Her team are gash and she is chirpy. She must be convinced.

Drylaw Hearts
How about er...our scouts? That's their job, isn't it - view players, make recommendations to the manager.

Surely a Manager would like to actually see a player in action himself before signing him ?

Guest JamboRobbo
I suppose there's always that new fangled invention called "Video"...

:P

Deek is 50/50 btw....

I heard he preferred 20/20.

Is Gow not away down to Blackpool? Am sure I heard that yesterday, but could be wrong.

From the BBC website today:

0903: One man not on the move is Rangers striker Alan Gow. He has rejected a ?250,000 move to Blackpool. No illuminations for him then.

Drylaw Hearts
From Donkey on Talk107

'Sources' close to Riordan have told several guys I know that he won't sign for Hearts.

Unless Hearts offer him something completely outrageous in terms of wages then he'll be at ER this evening imo.

Guest GhostHunter
'Sources' close to Riordan have told several guys I know that he won't sign for Hearts.

Unless Hearts offer him something completely outrageous in terms of wages then he'll be at ER this evening imo.

Which they allegedly pretty much are..

Leastways, close to his current wage at Smeltic....

Just how much does DR want to go to Hibs though?

I would have thought Hearts would be offering near enough twice the amount of wages even if Hibs were to break their wage structure?

Hans von Luck
His off-field baggage would soon be forgotten when he started scoring goals.

Whatever DR has done in the past is just exactly that - in the past !

No matter who he signs for I suspect he'll be told to change his social life or face more fines and more weeks with no football.

Gow had an excellent last Season at Falkirk and for whatever reason he's never been given a chance at 'Gers.

I don't understand why though.

I'd take them both - they can't be any worse than Mole, Makela or No.29.

You say in the past,

If I my memory serves me correctly he was back in the papers only last week with another visit to the court.

1 x Bad egg can rot the rest.

I think, if we are in for Riordan, there would be a number of things a footballer with his head screwed on would consider:

1. money (obviously)

2. Kenny Miller probably showed yesterday that it only takes an important goal or two to turn most of your own fan sceptics in a difficult move

3. Michael Stewart and Paul Hartley have proven that not only can the move be successful, but that Hearts are a good bet to improve your international chances if you show some form

4. which manager will likely improve you

5. (negatively) the Romanov factor

I really dont know how much the Romanov factor weighs on a Scottish player's mind.

However, a sensible young player would take these factors into account.

If Riordan takes these factors into account then there is a good chance he will sign for Hearts if there is a genuine offer on the table. Ir Riordan does take these factors into account and he does sign for us, then there is actually a good chance he is growing up, and will more likely than not be a huge asset for us, and ultimately Vlad

If he doesnt take these factors into account, he will be no loss, and will simply be going for the easy option.

We can't exactly be too picky when it comes to quality players who will improve us in the final third.

I would take both.

In a heartbeat.

Guest JamboRobbo
Just how much does DR want to go to Hibs though?

I would have thought Hearts would be offering near enough twice the amount of wages even if Hibs were to break their wage structure?

I agree with your point, but for me, it raises the question, if he's only gonna come here for the money, is that really the sort of player we want?

I agree with your point, but for me, it raises the question, if he's only gonna come here for the money, is that really the sort of player we want?

Unlike Kingston of course who is here because Hearts IS the only team he ever wanted to play for!

Drylaw Hearts
You say in the past,

If I my memory serves me correctly he was back in the papers only last week with another visit to the court.

He was in court receiving a ban from Nightclubs which led on from an incident which happened several months ago IIRC.

I don't like the guy but he is a player who could win matches for Hearts and we can hardly afford to be choosey these days.

I'd never sing his name but I'd celebrate every one of his goals.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
We are all talking about players coming in Gow etc but what about players going out ie Kingston & Berra.

Grumpy.

So we have accepted bids for them, they have agreed terms and have actually signed on the dotted line for other clubs? Otherwise, your use of the term "ie" is totally incorrect.

0903: One man not on the move is Rangers striker Alan Gow. He has rejected a ?250,000 move to Blackpool. No illuminations for him then.

BBC radio earlier said the Blackpool deal would mean a wage reduction for him but Hearts want him on loan and would pay his current ?4000/week.

You say in the past,

I'm not a big fan of him pulling on the Hearts jersey but your memory does not serve you correctly. He was NOT up in court. The press reported that he'd been seen ("caught") in a nightclub. The nightclubs in the Edinburgh 'pub watch' thing had banned him for a year but as a result of finding him in one, have upped it to two years.

Nowt to do with courts/ law etc and pretty much a non-story. imo.

Anyway, lets see what today/ this evening brings...

:fing25:

The laddie must be on a massive wage.

Gow seems to have definately rejected a deal to go to Blackpool. 250k, although I would expect them to come back with maybe a 6 month loan bid if Hearts don't swoop.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7590492.stm

The transfer tracker thing. It's on 0903 so hopefully is recent confirmation. I'd take him myself, player with plenty of ability and would be desperate to prove himself.

Not so keen on Riordan though, although thats more because I think we have less of a chance of signing him. I'll be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up at Easter Road or staying at Parkhead tomorrow morning.

is anyone going anywhere today i.e airport, train station, gorgie, academy??

just wondering if anyone seen anything or anyone unusual. think it may be a very exciting day and a good day of transfers for us hearts fans

This Hearts team is crying out for a 20 goals a season striker that knows Scottish Football. Who fits that bill?

Gow - No.

Riordan - Most certainly.

As DH says - he will sign for the Hobos if anyone today.

Don't be too concerned about Csaba not 'identifying' players. That's what scouts are for. Alex Ferguson doesn't watch all the kids playing in the Brazilian lower leagues, Man U have teams of people to do that. All clubs do.

is anyone going anywhere today i.e airport, train station, gorgie, academy??

just wondering if anyone seen anything or anyone unusual. think it may be a very exciting day and a good day of transfers for us hearts fans

Slightly off topic.

I was there on Sat morning and spoke at length to our new Polish signing from Kaunas - I asked if he was playing for the U19s v St Mirren before he explained who he was. :eek:

A 1st team player I spoke to said that although Tullberg had quick feet, strong and good in the air - he doubted he would score a lot of goals - he would set them up for someone playing off him.

He also said Stevie Banaks was fairly happy with his new role (he certainly looked to be in good spirits) but he said SB would rather be playing but understood the decision.

Jam Tarts 1874
I believe "ill-gotten" most assets obtained in the fire sale of the people's property by Boris Yeltsin after the break-up of the Soviet Union.

Off-subject, I know, and Shed material, merely answering a query.

Still doesn't explain why you use the term "ill-gotten", there is no evidence whatsover that Romanov did anything underhand.

because Skacel, Bednar, Jankauskas, Pinilla, Kingston, all signed for the love of the jersey? What planet are you on?

Jam Tarts 1874

Seems to me that Csaba has had more than enough work to do during the few weeks that he has been here. Surely you can't expect this manager who has been away from club football for a while to also have been going around scouting for talent as well as everything else?

Sergio Garcia
Excuse my ignorance but who is he??.

An ex youth winger for us that went to Man United when he turned 16, looked a good prospect when he left few years back.

Which they allegedly pretty much are..

Leastways, close to his current wage at Smeltic....

Who are "they" !?

Don't you mean we?

:hobofish: :107years::hobofish:

Guest GhostHunter
Who are "they" !?

Don't you mean we?

:hobofish: :107years::hobofish:

isn't that the 2nd time you've done that ?

Yup, I'm caught....you're forum is being run by a hobo

:rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow
We're trying to re-sign him according to the Donk.

think he has talent but has been unlucky with injuries, when he went on loan to Belgium he picked up a season long injury.

Archived